Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fees

Options
  • 13-01-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

lads can we have a sticky for how much for membership fees to join ranges or clubs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No, but we can have this thread and if it takes off I'll drop it into the 'Important Threads' sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

150 euro includes NARGC member ship

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

patbundy wrote: »
    lads can we have a sticky for how much for membership fees to join ranges or clubs.

Are you looking for Range/club name, location and fee? Or just what people, as individuals, pay for their membership to their various clubs/ranges?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

ezridax wrote: »
    Are you looking for Range/club name, location and fee? Or just what people, as individuals, pay for their membership to their various clubs/ranges?

hi guys,just want to know what individuals are paying and where

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

€130 inc NARGC Insurance & Comp Fund - Galway - Game Club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Range - Ballyhoura Rifle & Pistol Club - BRPR.ie
    Fee - €350 per annum - due Feb

I pay Countryside Alliance seperately for my insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭pedroeibar

This thread could end up being great or crap. A fee is meaningless - what you get for it is what matters. For example I could pay 100 quid to a local club and get no decent shooting or I could pay 500 quid and have that sum invested in birds for release and feeders and have great shooting. Or go to Courtlough with its clubhouse/bar and various range facilities for whatever its membership costs today.

To make any comparison worthwhile, the total package needs to be considerd. Just a few headings:
    Club Name (some might not want to divulge this, so just put County)
    Type of Club
    Cost
    Payment in kind (e.g. expected to lamp foxes, look after feeders, etc.)
    Insurance included/excludedFacilities
    Area shot over (if game club.)
    Main item of expenditure for club funds

P.

very good post pedroeibar.so maybe we should expand it to cover what you have posted

Out of curiosity, one more question. Is this poll/question for personal curiosity or to create a repository of club info for potential new applicants?
    pedroeibar wrote: »
    ......Club Name (some might not want to divulge this, so just put County).......

Good point plus if its a range, i don't know if a member can divulge this info. I know its not a state secret but would i need the ranges permission to post their membership fees, etc? Or would it require a commitee member to post/okay this?

Sorry to be so anal but i don't want to cross any lines here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

more like personal finance and no buddy that wasnt anal;). in the next 4 weeks i must come up with nearly 1500 yoyos and i dont think social welfare will stump up:D

• Advertisement

....... in the next 4 weeks i must come up with nearly 2,000 yoyos and i dont think social welfare will stump up:D

I know your pain.

Do you mind me asking (no need for names) are you joining a club or what is costing you that amount? If thats too personal no hassle.

club fees,car tax and car insurance.just paid out for 2 renewals:D but cutbacks must be made somewhere and it wont be my rifles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

I would imagine that this information is public, of if any 1 person were to ring up they would be told over the phone.

Membership fees are hardly a state secret, if this forum were used as an advertisement would it be bad or unrepresentative?

I would imagine that this information is public
    i would have though so too but it aint

of if any 1 person were to ring up they would be told over the phone.
    then that would be private dresden

Membership fees are hardly a state secret

i agree

if this forum were used as an advertisement would it be bad or unrepresentative?

where in gods name did i mention that in this thread dresden.

why cant i come onto the likes of boards.ie and just look up clubs and ranges, their fees to join and what they offer. is it hard buddy?

mods if you think im here for free advertiseing please delete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

I would imagine that this information is public
    i would have though so too but it aint

of if any 1 person were to ring up they would be told over the phone.
    then that would be private dresden

Membership fees are hardly a state secret

i agree

if this forum were used as an advertisement would it be bad or unrepresentative?

where in gods name did i mention that in this thread dresden.

why cant i come onto the likes of boards.ie and just look up clubs and ranges, their fees to join and what they offer. is it hard buddy?

You mis-understand me. I'm all for public disclosure of costs and benefits.

I fail to see how I could have been misunderstood.

sorry dresden my mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Did you ever think of checking club websites? :rolleyes:

rrpc wrote: »
    Did you ever think of checking club websites? :rolleyes:

i did rrpc and found very little imformation on them , i even look up the links on sparks posting. in this modern age why cant we have a listing of clubs and ranges, where they are,what are their membership fees and what you get for it.most irish shooters look in here from time to time for information and the talk and it might help new shooters aswell. btw rrpc have you got abit of dirt in the bottom of your right eye:D

i did rrpc and found very little imformation on them , i even look up the links on sparks posting. in this modern age why cant we have a listing of clubs and ranges, where they are,what are their membership fees and what you get for it.most irish shooters look in here from time to time for information and the talk and it might help new shooters aswell. btw rrpc have you got abit of dirt in the bottom of your right eye:D
    We have all that pat, there's a list of all the ranges in the wiki (which is limited only by those ranges that haven't put their info up or provided it) and in the case of Rathdrum the information you're looking for is linked on the front page and just in case you couldn't find that, it's here. ;)

Some clubs don't want to publish that information because either they're closed for membership, are 'invitation only' clubs, or just plain shy :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭pedroeibar

ezridax wrote: »
    I know your pain.

Do you mind me asking (no need for names) are you joining a club or what is costing you that amount? If thats too personal no hassle.

Many golf and sailing clubs have had huge loss of members due to the R. Some have given hard-up members permission to drop out for a year and not pay the once-off "joining fee" when rejoining. Although there could/would be licence ramifications for firearms owners, I wonder if this is being done by any of the gun clubs?
    P.

pedroeibar wrote: »
    Many golf and sailing clubs have had huge loss of members due to the R. Some have given hard-up members permission to drop out for a year and not pay the once-off "joining fee" when rejoining. Although there could/would be licence ramifications for firearms owners, I wonder if this is being done by any of the gun clubs?
    P.
    I don't think any of the rifle clubs charge for rejoining. Most also have a reduced rate for the unwaged.

But there definitely is a license implication for dropping out, better to arrange a payment plan for your sub I think.

Advertisement