Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite albums from the 2000s and why

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I agree with you that 'Still Life' is awesome. I don't like the much newer Opeth albums because the guitar sound is not really to my liking that much, and the songs just aren't as great as the old stuff. I tend to be extremely fussy when it comes down to metal and rock. As regards Opeth I only really love the all the albums up to 'Blackwater Park' but after that I can pass on anything after that.

If your looking for other bands that have the same kind atmosphere, acoustic guitar, pianos and long epic but well thought out songs you really need to check out 'The Mantle and maybe Ashes Against The Grain' by Agalloch.

'Orchid' is a class album indeed, and I love the swedish Dissection stlye guitar sound as well, but it came out in 1996 so unfortunately I don't hink it would be relevant to this thread as Karl said.;)

Thanks! I might check that out.

I think I prefer the production of 80s-90s stuff in general. I get what you mean about the newer Opeth stuff, it does like I said for Blackwater Park seem to be a bit less atmospheric. Orchid in specific really appealed to me because it almost had that cheesy fantasy power metal element to it, but also had a lot of atmospheric stuff reminiscant of 80s goth stuff almost. Like the bit with the volume pedal being used kind of like a violin made me think of a Miranda Sex Garden song or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Neasha

Kind of odd nobody has mentioned 10000 days by TOOL yet.

I think anyone who knows it will agree it was a very important/good record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Neasha wrote: »
    Kind of odd nobody has mentioned 10000 days by TOOL yet.

I think anyone who knows it will agree it was a very important/good record.

A few years ago I might have agreed with you. Now though Lateralus is the only album that I can listen to.

Advertisement