Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gen Addictions

• 13-01-2010 2:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Anyone any stories ?

Played Blue version constantly!
    I remember I'd call me Da every second night of the week to stop and get me batteries in a garage on the way home from work

and I used to go to bed and still here the music in me head! haha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I'd be constantly playing Pokemon Yellow on the GBC on those Sundays in the pub with your parents. I have a power supply for it for when I was at home too so no need for batteries :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I remember getting Red, we were going on holidays, and we stopped off before leaving so I could get it. I spent the entire holiday playing it non-stop! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

My biggest addiction was actually in the second generation, played 220 hours on a copy of Gold that I got on lend. I think my highest in the 1st gen was less than half that. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I remember borrowing Yellow off one of my friends and being obsessed with it. It would drive me crazy though if I was playing it in the car because you couldn't see the screen when it got dark.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I remember when I got Blue first, I don't know how old I was, but I didn't know what was going on. I couldn't figure out how to get out of the house, not realising that the mat indicated where the door was. I didn't know that you needed Flash to get through the dark caves... so I spent ages bumping into walls and running into trainers until I got out. Whatever way I managed it, I ended up going to Cinnabar island by surfing from Pallet town instead of through the Seafoam Islands. It took me AGES to find the HM strength in the safari zone. Oh the memories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

When I did my leaving cert back in the day I was playing the red version and every evening locked into my little study room at home I was playing on the sh1tty old black and white game boy, got my pikachu to level 77, had no interest in evolving that hardy little fukcer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Codofwar wrote: »
    When I did my leaving cert back in the day I was playing the red version and every evening locked into my little study room at home I was playing on the sh1tty old black and white game boy, got my pikachu to level 77, had no interest in evolving that hardy little fukcer
    Yeah there's no real appeal to havin Raichu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nah I was never mad on Raichu myself either. I'd catch another pikachu just to evolve him to have raichu for the 'dex but that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Ah yes I remember having both the Blue and Yellow version. I had really good pokemon on the Blue version like Mewtwo, and I would send them to the Yellow version using another Gameboy and Link cable. Man I thought that was briiliant technology at the timethose Link cables.

Advertisement