Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband Sweetener

• 13-01-2010 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Folks,

was migrated from EsatBT to Vodafone for Broadband/Phone package this month ... rang them today asking about canceling the line as i wanted to move to NTL for the better Upload speed on their new 15meg package - BUT- it is not available in Leixlip yet!!!

anyway, they said to ring them to "See what they could do" before cancelling. Not normally one for haggling, but i am curious - what could they offer? Better price? Speed? Whats exactly?

Has anyone got a better deal from them? I pay like €135 every 2 months.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

I'm in the same boat and was only considering move to NTL myself today - would you mind posting details of any counter-offer they make?

Also a general question - It's obvious that BT were shaping torrent traffic, in that all torrents were limited to 60KBps, sometimes going higher after 11pm.

Does anyone know if the move to Vodafone will remove this traffic shaping? Do Vodafone traffic shape with thier own (non-transferred) customers?

Advertisement