Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 photograph translation request

Options
  • 13-01-2010 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

Hello - I was wondering if any Polish speakers here can do me a favour and translate this picture for me. It relates to an Air show I believe most of the text is in Polish

AM_25.jpg

Thanks for checking.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please allow that I am only a learner, so if a Polish person offers something very different, go with their version.

I think it's along the lines of..

It was like an 'air show' that started at 1.30pm.
    Various tricky demonstrations and here is a picture of one plane that flew/swooped/passed(? - I don't know what sposcil sie is) over people's heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 beriii

Hey, you are very good Spurious. Spuscil is a past form from spuszczac which means to pull down/ to lower or just having an erection...;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To jest przydatne czasownik. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Thanks a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Piotrr

I don't really want to go too far into technicalities, but just to clarify - "spuscic sie" does not mean "to have an erection" but "to come" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

This text is probably written by someone who lived in an English speaking country for too long or used google translate :D Some phrases are literal English-Polish translations and some noun cases are wrong. Also, the spelling is quite poor

It says:
    This one was taken during Air Show at 1.30pm. They were showing different tricks and here I took a picture of one plane as it plunged over the heads of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

andala wrote: »
    It says:
    This one was taken during Air Show at 1.30pm. They were showing different tricks and here I took a picture of one plane as it plunged over the heads of people

That makes sense when you see the picture ;

http://www.militaria-archive.com/USA-USAAF/content/AM_24_large.html

Thanks again for the translation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Pawelek

beriii wrote: »
    Hey, you are very good Spurious. Spuscil is a past form from spuszczac which means to pull down/ to lower or just having an erection...;)

It is rather ejaculation then erection ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Piotrr wrote: »
    I don't really want to go too far into technicalities, but just to clarify - "spuscic sie" does not mean "to have an erection" but "to come" :D

-I would say " spuscic sie" exactly means : "release semen" :rolleyes: :confused:

Advertisement