Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moonspell

• 13-01-2010 4:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Anybody else a fan of this excellent Portuguese gothic metal/dark metal band? I bought their amazing album 'Night Eternal' on digi pac last in 2008 and I have not stopped listening to it since. The previous album 'Memorial' I though was quite a dissapointment musically, and just not as class as albums like 'Wolfheart, Irreligious and maybe even Sin/Picado and The Antidote'. I'm hoping they will make/release another great album soon, but at the same time I'm a bit skeptical that might not be able to top 'Night Eternal' which is a truly awesome metal album.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Moonspell are a cracking band! Managed to get to see them at Hellfest last year and they put on a superb show. Night Eternal would probably be my favourite, so many great songs on it (Tragic Heights, Night Eternal, Scorpion Flower, Spring of Rage) and not a weak song on the album. I'm also a fan of Memorial though, it almost sounds like a warm up for Night Eternal (it's when they really managed to get their gothic style to sound MASSIVE), and the songs of it worked really well live when they played them.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Must check these out properly. Saw them at Hellfest and thought they were awesome.

Someone showed me this video. Both the song and video are class!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only album I've listened to fully was Irreligious, and I liked it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Pugsley wrote: »
    Moonspell are a cracking band! Managed to get to see them at Hellfest last year and they put on a superb show. Night Eternal would probably be my favourite, so many great songs on it (Tragic Heights, Night Eternal, Scorpion Flower, Spring of Rage) and not a weak song on the album. I'm also a fan of Memorial though, it almost sounds like a warm up for Night Eternal (it's when they really managed to get their gothic style to sound MASSIVE), and the songs of it worked really well live when they played them.

I thought I was'nt going get any reply for this thread, but it's great that their are other Moonspell fans out there.:D And I agree 'Night Eternal' does not have any weak songs. Besides the great songs you mentioned there is Moon in Mecury, Dreamless, Hers is The Twilight and the outstanding ending song 'First Light'. You really should check out the bonus songs 'Age of Mothers, Unhearted and Earth'. I haven't stopped listening to both the album since I got it and those class bonus songs as well.
    Zerroth wrote: »
    Must check these out properly. Saw them at Hellfest and thought they were awesome.

Someone showed me this video. Both the song and video are class!

It's looks very good and sounds good as well.:D
    Denny M wrote: »
    Only album I've listened to fully was Irreligious, and I liked it

You should check out 'Wolfheart, Sin/pecado, The Antidote and of course Night Eternal'.

Advertisement