Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eircom broadband connection

• 13-01-2010 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

my elderly neighbour has treated herself to a laptop for christmas but cant get the laptop to connect to the net. She can access the net via the desktop but wants to use the laptop. her son set up a wireless connection before he emigrated so the network is there, she just cant get the password, she emailed her son but he cant remember the password either.
    Is there anyway to find out what the password is for the network( would it be stored on thepc or would eircom have a copy of it)
    Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is it the WEP key or the actuall password thats needed.

Eircom can provide the WEP key over the phone when you tell them the serial of the router which is printed under it.

If it's the network password, if it was left at default is should be ''broadband1''

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Eyeballs

Is it the WEP key or the actuall password thats needed.

Eircom can provide the WEP key over the phone when you tell them the serial of the router which is printed under it.

If it's the network password, if it was left at default is should be ''broadband1''
    It's the actual password I need, I'll try the default password this evening to see if it works but I'm not holding out much hope.
    Is there a way to factory reset the eircom router so it goes back to default settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There should be a small recessed button on the underside of the router that you can push with a pin or similar device to reset it to the factory defaults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed, reset the modem. This will remove the settings (depends on the modem but this is most commonly the case) and you can the set it up for her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Or connect via an ethernet cable and change the password.

As per Eircom:
    If you require the logon details for your modem settings, the username is eircom and the password is broadband1.

However, resetting it is probably the easiest option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Eyeballs

thanks for the info .
    I went onto the eircom broadband site and they gave instructions on how to get all info needed. so I have the laptop accessing the internet as we speak
    thanks again

Advertisement