Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather skirts

• 13-01-2010 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all

Anyone know a good shop for leather skirts in Dublin - looking for knee length !!
    Also ,any advice on colour ? I like black as it is very classic ..but brown could be nice too ?

Do you think it would be ok to wear to the office ? boots & skirt with fitted blouse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You can try the usual haunts such as Oasis, Zara, Topshop etc. Leather was big a while back but it's kinda disappeared from the high street again. If you're near Limerick there is apparently a leather shop on the main street.

Other than that it'll be pot luck finding some in stock. The best place to buy them in Ireland is on the web with sites such as eBay. There are a number of sellers who specialize in leather clothing based in Germany and India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 beautycouture

I'd try boutiques in royal hibernian way or the westbury mall or even some shops in georges street arcade... personally I think one needs to be careful with leather, especially a skirt... you don;t want to look like you're annie oakley,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 claire_m

...Annie oakley :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 beautycouture

A cowgirl gun-slinger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Shinyboots

claire_m wrote: »
    Hi all

Anyone know a good shop for leather skirts in Dublin - looking for knee length !!
    Also ,any advice on colour ? I like black as it is very classic ..but brown could be nice too ?

Do you think it would be ok to wear to the office ? boots & skirt with fitted blouse

I'm a black fan myself but brown would be good for the office, what type of footware would u have with it??? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

Hi all

oh yeah im sure a leather skirt into the office would be great, If youre boss is Hugh Heffner, larry flyntt or peter stringfellow. thats a joke by the way, already been banned twice by tempermental trigger happy girls reporting jokes etc!!

j1974 wrote: »
    oh yeah im sure a leather skirt into the office would be great, If youre boss is Hugh Heffner, larry flyntt or peter stringfellow. thats a joke by the way, already been banned twice by tempermental trigger happy girls reporting jokes etc!!

A leather skirt in the office is hardly controversial. If it's teamed with an appropriate blouse, jacket/top and footware then it won't be a problem in 99% of places.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying the last part of your post - :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

...Annie oakley :confused:

Miss-Annie-Oakley-peerless-wing-shot.jpg

A leather skirt in the office is hardly controversial. If it's teamed with an appropriate blouse, jacket/top and footware then it won't be a problem in 99% of places.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying the last part of your post - :confused:

Ur correct Kintaro.... haven't seen one at all in my 8 years of working in an office but that's not to say that it would'nt be a problem.;)

Shinyboots wrote: »
    Ur correct Kintaro.... haven't seen one at all in my 8 years of working in an office but that's not to say that it would'nt be a problem.;)

Well the missus used to work for a bank a few years back and one of the ladies there wore one on occasion. So if it's passable in a bank of all places then I don't see the fuss with one being worn in a regular office.

Back on topic OP, black is a safe choice as it's not too wild in colour and looks great with lots of things. Brown is a nice choice as it's neutral also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Hi all

M and S have a nice leather skirt and its reduced too 60,nice fitted knee length one in black.Saw nice ones in dublin aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I can't see the problem with wearing one to the office, as long as it's of appropriate length and colour (i.e. black pencil skirt).

dudara wrote: »
    I can't see the problem with wearing one to the office, as long as it's of appropriate length and colour (i.e. black pencil skirt).

yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Don't think it's appropriate at all for the office.

What would think if a man wore leather trousers into work? ...exactly...

Don't think it's appropriate at all for the office.

What would think if a man wore leather trousers into work? ...exactly...

na totally different I think.......The lady's can wear a lot more types of clothes to work than us men! As long as it's a nice skirt it would be fine, don't think any pair of leather's on a man would be ok....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Shinyboots wrote: »
    na totally different I think.......The lady's can wear a lot more types of clothes to work than us men! As long as it's a nice skirt it would be fine, don't think any pair of leather's on a man would be ok....:)

Well, that's true.

However, ultimately, it's not so much what you think of it as what your peers and managers will think of it.

There's such a wide selection of choice, a lot of people, myself included, don't think it's really appropriate so why bother risking projecting a bad image (in other's eyes) of yourself?

Well, that's true.

However, ultimately, it's not so much what you think of it as what your peers and managers will think of it.

There's such a wide selection of choice, a lot of people, myself included, don't think it's really appropriate so why bother risking projecting a bad image (in other's eyes) of yourself?

that's a fair point, sure it's not something I have seen in the office at all here, but as I like it ( leather ) I would'nt mind, but there are defo people who would...:cool:

Advertisement