Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising the bar a little...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Abhainn wrote: »

Sometimes I do wonder what is the best time I could run the marathon. If I joined a club and was totally committed to it say for 6-9 months could I get into the low 2:30’s?

Training:
    From now until July my preparation will be based around the IM. I have no great plan or detail as yet though. But I will be using Don Finks “Be Iron Fit” as my guide come the spring.
    However I am not going to rush mad into things like 10+ sessions a week starting from now.

I'd say you could well run low 2:30's next year in Dublin coming off the I'M training. You'll prob ramp up the training for IM as high as it's ever been so aug/sep prep for Dublin would seem like a break almost and you could concentrate on speed with the endurance already in the legs.

Best of luck with it, looking forward to your progress

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Wow Abhainn 2 mega goals dude. I knew you wouldn't look at them lightly either after the succesful Ultra and Marathon programmes you have dusted off :) The roadie with the clip ons might be the way to go alright for IMUK. A good mate of mine did it this year and reckoned he would have been better off one one. Gringo is right, after the volume of training you will be putting in, the Marathon training will be breeze with the cycling and swimming cut out. Your base for running is excellent anyway but all the extra sleep and recovery time between session will set you up for a real cut off 2:40. Check out Matt Molloy's blog (savaloy) on www.tritalk.co.uk as he is doing the London Marathon too and IM Austria 2 months later. I'd just be wary about going too deep on the Marathon this side of your IM.

Best of luck, looking forward to this log

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Best of luck with the IM.

B: Sub 2:40 marathon
    Sometimes I do wonder what is the best time I could run the marathon. If I joined a club and was totally committed to it say for 6-9 months could I get into the low 2:30’s?

Definitely possible. Obviously the quicker you get the harder it is to knock the minutes off but maybe this should be your main goal for next year? The hardest thing is finding people to train with in my experience (not that I have ran 2.30...............yet ;))

Good luck with the goals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Gringo78 wrote: »
    I'd say you could well run low 2:30's next year in Dublin coming off the I'M training. You'll prob ramp up the training for IM as high as it's ever been so aug/sep prep for Dublin would seem like a break almost and you could concentrate on speed with the endurance already in the legs.
    Best of luck with it, looking forward to your progress

Cheers Gringo
    Hopefully I can recover well after IM. That's the key.
    Dublin .. don't know , probably only 9 weeks of training, it may come too soon after IM. I was thinking of a November marathon. But Dublin has been good to me. The times speak for themselves
    2007 - 3:14
    2008 - 3:03
    2009 - 2:47
    2010 - 2:41
    Wow Abhainn 2 mega goals dude. I knew you wouldn't look at them lightly either after the succesful Ultra and Marathon programmes you have dusted off :) The roadie with the clip ons might be the way to go alright for IMUK. A good mate of mine did it this year and reckoned he would have been better off one one. Gringo is right, after the volume of training you will be putting in, the Marathon training will be breeze with the cycling and swimming cut out. Your base for running is excellent anyway but all the extra sleep and recovery time between session will set you up for a real cut off 2:40. Check out Matt Molloy's blog (savaloy) on www.tritalk.co.uk as he is doing the London Marathon too and IM Austria 2 months later. I'd just be wary about going too deep on the Marathon this side of your IM.

Best of luck, looking forward to this log

MCOS I am aware not to focus too much on London alright
    You mentioned him earlier this year and I have been following him since.
    Molloy is some machine. His progressionn in two years is something else. Over 40 and 4 kids :eek:. This weekend could be interesting for him

2010 bests
    3.8 k swim - 48 min
    50 mile bike - 1hr:50
    Half marathon - sub 74
    Best of luck with the IM.
    Definitely possible. Obviously the quicker you get the harder it is to knock the minutes off but maybe this should be your main goal for next year? The hardest thing is finding people to train with in my experience (not that I have ran 2.30...............yet ;))

Good luck with the goals

I was thinking of another fast marathon been my primary target. But the cross training (+ tris) during the warmer months of the last 3 years seems to work for me. I have had no injuries(touch wood) probably due to the less road milage.
    2011 is going to be real hard, but I hope well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Serious goals there Abhainn. No better man to knock them down though. Looking forward to seeing your progress over the coming months. Best of luck with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Joe I think sub 2.40 is a soft target for you, well within your range, its a pitty you don't give yourself more time for the Dublin marathon as it would be good too see what you could do with a 18week marathon plan....I might join you on some of your cycles around wicklow. Good luck with the goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

B: Sub 2:40 marathon

You could jump in with us up at our club. Got a good small group all heading for a sub 2:40 next year. We'd be delighted to have you.

heffsarmy wrote: »
    Joe I think sub 2.40 is a soft target for you, well within your range, its a pitty you don't give yourself more time for the Dublin marathon as it would be good too see what you could do with a 18week marathon plan....I might join you on some of your cycles around wicklow. Good luck with the goals.

Soft target:rolleyes:. Jaysus I hope so.
    It would be good to meet up for an auld bike alright. Let me know when you intend to be in the Garden county.
    Weather permitting every weekend I 'll be on those roads somewhere

tunguska wrote: »
    You could jump in with us up at our club. Got a good small group all heading for a sub 2:40 next year. We'd be delighted to have you.

Thanks man. Its a shame though - I run by the Tallaght track most lunch days, and it is vacant. It is a pity it is not open to the public like Charlesland is for a small fee. I used to do some intervals up there before it was refurbished.

Week 8th – 14th November
    It was good to get back into it again. Should have posted this a week gone by but there you go:

Summary:
    4 runs. Total Distance 29.4 miles. Pace avg =06:55/mile
    1 bike. Total Distance 57.3km. Pace 26.5kph

Total hrs: 5hr 35min: All the sessions were easy stuff.
    The bike was my first in 3 months. It was on an undulating route but I had a sore head from the night before which made the ride somewhat unpleasant for a time.

Two weeks without any sessions and your body begins to forget quite quickly how things were
    One way to evaluate your fitness is heart rate a set pace. After 14 days you would be surprised at how much fitness you can loose.
    I found the runs sessions below to demonstrate this:

....Date
    Distance
    Pace / Mile
    Max HR
    AVG HR
    12-Oct-10
    7.1 miles
    06:49
    10-Nov-10
    6 miles
    06:50

(I can't do tables:o)

The conditions on the 10th may have been slightly more unfavourable but I did a mile less. I estimate it will take me up to 4 weeks before I am back to those fitness levels and that will need to include one or two harder sessions.

This week has been more of the same.
    My Tacx Flow T1680 is on route so hopefully I’ll be adding a turbo or two per week from next week.

Week 8th – 14th November

....Date
    Distance
    Pace / Mile
    Max HR
    AVG HR
    12-Oct-10
    7.1 miles
    06:49
    10-Nov-10
    6 miles
    06:50

(I can't do tables:o)

The conditions on the 10th may have been slightly more unfavourable but I did a mile less. I estimate it will take me up to 4 weeks before I am back to those fitness levels and that will need to include one or two harder sessions.

This week has been more of the same.
    My Tacx Flow T1680 is on route so hopefully I’ll be adding a turbo or two per week from next week.

It will come back to you quicker than that I reckon. By the way to do table. I usually just go to a thread where I know there is a table, click quote or reply on the post and you will have the raw format table. Just copy the contents you need to create your own. I put your data into a table here to give you a headstart. If you need to create a table in your log again just quote this post and edit the table to your needs :)

Date|Distance|Pace/mile|maxHR|avgHR
    12 oct 10|7.1miles|6:49|143|132
    10 nov 10|6miles|6:50|159|140

• Advertisement

Week 15th – 21st November
    I wasn’t feeling great all week. I wasn’t really feeling motivated about anything sessions, work :rolleyes: or anything. I was sleeping more than usual. After my bike on Sat I noticed red marks down the sides on my body. These were identical to the marks on our young Liam recently. He has a virus pretty bad for two week when couldn’t eat or drink much.
    No wonder my sessions weren’t as efficient as usual.
    I am feeling fair enough now but still don’t think any hardish sessions are wise.

The week gone by looked like this:
    Summary:
    4 runs. Total Distance: 33.3 miles. Pace avg =06:48/mile
    1 bike. Total Distance 68km. Pace 27.3kph

Total hrs: 6hr 15min:

The Sat bike route was enjoyable and the circular route took me from Wicklow, Ashford, Roundwood, Enniskerry, Kilmac, Wicklow. The views along the road to Enniskerry over to Powercourt waterfall were great.
    The conditions were damp but winds were light. And the hills were good.

My turbo has still not arrived (bloody DHL) but I hope to on it before the weekend. The weekend long bike will be out because the OH is working all weekend. And there may be snow in the mts anyway. So it looks like early morning run and turbo hopefully.

. So it looks like early morning run and turbo hopefully.

Welcome to my world :)

Week 22th – 28th November
    It was a satisfactory week up until the weekend.
    I was the child minder all weekend as OH was working, but I couldn’t really do much either due to the ice and snow.
    I also received my turbo Tacx 1680, which means no excuses on biking sessions after this
    Summary:
    4 runs. Total Distance: 31.9 miles. Pace avg =06:42/mile
    1 turbo
    Total hrs: 4hr 05min: :rolleyes:

“Use Dipetane to reduce smoke levels and improve engine performance”.
    This stuff definitely works, my 130bhp Mondeo feels like 130 horses again.
    On Wed I decided to try 8.1 mile run at 06:30 pace, which I thought might improve my engine performance. I ended up doing them @ 06:13 /mile. A tougher session than planned, but still in the following session I was not getting the miles per gallon as I hoped for.

Sat early am. It was bad night of sleet hail snow, thunder and lightening. I planned at longish run of about 14 miles for 06.30am as the OH had to be away for 08:15.
    My intended route was 3 x 4.7 mile circuit of the new Wicklow relief road.
    In the end I thought it best to keep away from this exposed route and just opt for an out and back run.
    I managed to get out in the darkness and madness of the morning. I was lucky cause there was no sleet or snow until the last 10mins. The lightening was something else. It felt mad , I was mad.
    In the end it 10.7miles done and dusted in a most memorable outing, all before 8am.

Sunday pm was my first turbo session. Virgin me.
    I felt 30 mins was ok for a first session but still guilty in not getting out for a long bike. Even though I was in my garage with door open letting all the –5C cold in I was still dripping. Must remember only to wear 1 layer in future.
    Watts avg 199, Cad avg 91, HR 133. Setting resistance 0. Distance 15.7km
    Aim would be to get this type of session up to 50- 60mins

The Tacx seems to be a good bit of kit. Loads of data from its computor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

2007 - 3:14
    2008 - 3:03
    2009 - 2:47
    2010 - 2:41

some gains there abhainn! did you ever think back in 2007 that you would have achieved so much in running?
    how close were you to sub3 in 2008? was that the goal like...

either way, fair play to ya....and best of luck with training in the bad weather too, but at least you will get in a few indoor bike rides anyway if nothing else...

seanynova wrote: »
    some gains there abhainn! did you ever think back in 2007 that you would have achieved so much in running?
    how close were you to sub3 in 2008? was that the goal like...

either way, fair play to ya....and best of luck with training in the bad weather too, but at least you will get in a few indoor bike rides anyway if nothing else...

Agree seanynova, gains I never even dreamed of. I basically set myself achievable goals from day 1 and that with a positive atitude and consistant training has been the key components.
    Myself and the famous Racing Flat attempted sub 3 in Berlin in Sep 2008. He passed me at 40k and squeezed under, I ran out of gas and finished in 3:01:00. But that made me more determined. I thought a 2:55 would my limit but that has come and gone.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Going to head to Carrick in the morning about 9bells for a trot (1:45 - 2hrs) - if you can get free let me know and I'll collect you.

Week 29th Nov – 5th Dec

This week was about getting familiar with the turbo and by the end I was finding it more comfortable. I also got some fairly decent runs in. That is considering the state of the underfoot conditions.
    If I could regularly squeeze in 3 swims, 1 core + 1 stretch I’d be laughing:D

Summary:
    Sessions = 8
    5 runs. Total Distance: 40.2 miles.
    3 turbos
    Total hrs: 6hr 51min:

Detail:
    Mon:

Lunch: 6 miles @ 06:56 pace. HR 143 (76%). It was bright and calm and even though the snow was packed underfoot it was fine to run on.

Tues:
    Lunch: 6 miles @ 07:12 pace. HR 139 (74%)
    More snow underfoot compared to yesterday.
    But this was a nice run, everything so white. Didn't push the pace and just enjoyed it
    Evening:Turbo: 30min.
    Pushed it too hard though, virgin me.
    Distance 16.9km
    Pace 33.4km
    HR 145 (77%)
    Watts 226,
    CAD 91

Wed:
    Evening: Turbo
    No running as snowing most of the day and couldn't get to work. So decided on 45 mins on the turbo. Better.
    Distance: 23.2km @ 30.9kph
    Watts 206, CAD 93, Level 0

Thurs
    Rest

Fri:
    Morning run. I had difficulty in getting to work but managed a mid morning run!
    8.9 miles @ 06:55. HR148 (79%)
    The -2c felt like minus 2. The ice and snow packed especially after Rathnew made it difficult at times.

Sat:
    Morning. Turbo and run brick
    Aimed for 60 mins on the machine. This wasn’t easy especially on the knees and they did ache. The hour felt like an hour. An hour on the road is easier.
    A nice hilly 4.6 mile circuit of the new Wicklow relief rd followed. Conditions were freezing, foggy and icy. The first 1k up to the new road was nice and tough for the legs and pace was good. The 2011 Wicklow Half marathon includes this 1.5k stretch from the Grand hotel to the new rd. A nice tester at the start of the race.
    Turbo:
    31kph. HR 138
    Watts 206,
    CAD 96,
    Run:
    4.6 miles @06:46 / mile
    HR148

Sun:

Morning run.
    14.7 miles @ 06:45. HR144 (77%)
    Ran mostly o road as ice packed on the paths. Interesting encounter with 4 muts 5 miles in as they tried to bite me. Lucky for them I didn’t manage to kick their heads off. Good run though.

The immediate weeks ahead: Damage limitation.
    Trying to get another decent week in as on Sunday I head to Hong Kong and then mainland China for 9 days. Its not for an enjoyable get away but to work my arse off. So it looks like hotel thread mills and bikes for that period. We travel over to UK for Christmas the day after I return from HK. I’m going to bring the bike and hopefully get in a recce of IMUK course, well one lap anyway. I want to see what this Sheep Lane is all about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Excuse my ignorance joe...but whats a turbo ?

Sosa wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance joe...but whats a turbo ?

Sosa this is the boy

http://www.bike24.com/p21788.html

I was only talking to a chap the other day about that actually...he didnt have a name on it though.
    Would it be beneficial to someone who is just running ? ( Like me ! )

• Advertisement

I was only talking to a chap the other day about that actually...he didnt have a name on it though.
    Would it be beneficial to someone who is just running ? ( Like me ! )

If you don't have a treadmill in the house then you'd definitely get a positive training effect from it. Would be useful for when your stuck in the house minding the kids and they're asleep, much cheaper alternative to treadmill if you already have a bike. Great way of adding 1-2hours per week training without risk of injury

Gringo78 wrote: »
    If you don't have a treadmill in the house then you'd definitely get a positive training effect from it. Would be useful for when your stuck in the house minding the kids and they're asleep, much cheaper alternative to treadmill if you already have a bike. Great way of adding 1-2hours per week training without risk of injury

I saw one for 130 euro in the local sports shop,i could rig it up my bike out in the shed....interesting

I saw one for 130 euro in the local sports shop,i could rig it up my bike out in the shed....interesting

Go for it. Great way of getting some extra sneaky training in.

Week 6th – 12th Dec
    This was a stressful week in all. I managed to get all my planned sessions done. But having to attend the funeral a good friend mid week in Sligo and then prepare for the trip to China it was as if I never had a spare minute all week.
    Started reading Don Fink again

Summary:

Sessions = 8
    5 runs. Total Distance: 39.3 miles.
    3 turbos
    Total hrs: 7hr 17min:

I basically hated all this weeks runs. The underfoot conditions were terrible. I don’t know how I kept upright.
    The turbo sessions are coming along well I think. I want to introduce more varied sessions though.

Detail:
    Mon:

Evening turbo:
    50min. HR 133.
    26.4kph 31.4kph
    Watts 212, CAD 88. Starting to feel more comfortable with this machine.

Tues:
    Lunch run. 7.1miles @ 07:20 pace. HR 141
    This was probably worst underfoot conditions I ever ran in
    Tymon park was extremely difficult. There was so much snow, very soft underfoot and very slippy. Challenging run. I was happy with the pace though.

Wed:
    10 hrs in the car on this sad day.
    Couldn’t believe it when I seen –12C outside temperature reading travelling to Sligo. Bloody wrecked tonight.

Thurs
    Lunch time run of 7.1 miles @ 06:57 pace. HR 142.
    Again this was unpleasant. Same amount of snow/ice in as Tuesday but more solid.

Fri:
    Lunch: 6 miles @ 06:59 pace. HR 141
    The 3 miles around Tymon were all ice made it very difficult and hard. Totally sick of this bloody ice
    Evening:
    Turbo: 50min. Felt this a bit after lunch run earlier
    Distance 26.5km
    Pace 31.5km
    HR 138
    Watts 212
    CAD 93

Sat:
    Run of 15.3 miles @ 06:50. HR146
    The legs definitely felt it after last yesterday’s sessions. Not a nice run at all. Tired.

Sun:
    Morning. Turbo and run brick
    I thought I might aim for 75mins on the turbo but due to lack of time and as flying this afternoon and the fact that my legs were aching I agreed with myself that 65 mins wouldn’t be so bad.
    And that was enough, the legs were a little on fire towards the end, the soft fecker I am. I was happy to see that I am becoming more economical as my HR was lower.
    Turbo summary
    31.5kph. Distance 34.4km
    HR 131
    Watts 213,
    CAD 91,
    Run:
    3.8 miles @07:00 / mile. HR 137
    This was fine. Killed two birds with the one stone and found the dog on my run around. He escaped easily as someone left the gate open:rolleyes:

In Zhuhai, China now. Managing getting the sessions in but I am wrecked. Finding it very difficult to sleep. Off for another Chinese now. Tastes brilliant over here. :)

Sorry to hear about your friend Joe. Fair play for pluggin away last week in the snow and all. You do get used to the turbo and higher output per RPE or lower hr per set output are all good signs of progression. The 'easy' 7 min/mile pace off the turbo too is a glimmer of how you will cut up that IM run. I like DFs training with time ethos and thaving the turbo means you can incorporate the plan easily enough. After eating the real Chinese food over there, I never eat it here. No comparison

Sorry to hear about your friend Joe. Fair play for pluggin away last week in the snow and all. You do get used to the turbo and higher output per RPE or lower hr per set output are all good signs of progression. The 'easy' 7 min/mile pace off the turbo too is a glimmer of how you will cut up that IM run. I like DFs training with time ethos and thaving the turbo means you can incorporate the plan easily enough. After eating the real Chinese food over there, I never eat it here. No comparison

Thanks for kind words MCOS. Small steps, small steps progress and I am happy.
    We were too late for all the local Chinese as they were shut by 9pm but got a fab Thai instead. Bloody unreal yummy
    Other exciting news is that during a few excellent Chinese beers in conversation I found a half marathon on Sunday http://www.zhmarathon.com/
    Even though entries have finished a week ago I intend to influence the organisers so that a western runner like me can compete , and for what I have seen we are rare over here.
    And it will keep me off the beer for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Heres a site for the turbo. When big Jens jumps off the front, you gotta follow. Meant to be very good:

http://www.thesufferfest.com/

Week 13th –19th Dec

It’s been one of those weeks. The 12hr working days (including the weekend) with the Chinese were extremely tough. There was too much food and beer also. And not enough sleep. It was a rather terrible week for training in all.

I didn’t get to my Zhuhai hotel until 11pm (+8hrs GMT) on the Monday. We flew through the night though I did mange a few hrs sleep on the flight. I did manage a 10k in the hotel threadmill at reasonable effort the very next morning.
    Overall I got 4 good sessions in on the thread mill and also got some weights in also.
    My left Achilles is acting up a lot now. The thread mill may not have helped this. I had the setting at 1% throughout the 4 sessions. Not sure if that was a factor. But the in door stuff was driving me bananas. Been in the city there are not many area’s to run in and the driving and motor cycles on the pavements was crazy stuff. However I did spot a good area that goes along the bay from Macau for 5-6 miles. Maybe next time

The Zhuhai Half marathon didn’t happen. The closing entries finished a week earlier. I did enquire through a Chinese contact but the excuse I got was the no’s and timing chips had already been distributed.
    Maybe it was a blessing.

Week of 20th –26th Dec

I didn’t get to report on last week till now. The truth is it was a poor week for a man who hopes to do an iron man in just 7 months.

Mon:
    Nought. This turned into a 16hr day at work. We were informed at 5:30pm that this area would have no power from 7am Tue until 11pm that night. It seemed that this was the straw that broke the camels back. We performed many miracles in the previous week, but again pulled another rabbit was pulled out if the hat and met our deadline.;)

Tues – Wed
    Hoping to get in a few miles in the hotel but had to sort out some final work stuff. So nothing again Afternoon we left mainland China in 24C and headed to Hong Kong.
    And had to try out a few HK central bars :) before our midnight flight into Heathrow.
    In the week that was we weren’t expecting the chaos in London. Our 06:50am flight and 80% of others were cancelled but somehow we were airborne by 9:30. Home by 1:30. :D:D and 20cm of snow

Thurs:
    AM 7.7 miles at 07:02 pace. HR 147
    A bit jetlagged but got out and ran mostly on road as ice / snow on paths. Reasonable effort.
    Packed up the car and then to Warrington via ferry

Fri:
    AM 10 miles@ 06:47 pace. HR145
    Backroads of Warrington.
    It was Minus 6 C. It was the coldest my head and hands ever were. ( Never wear cap or gloves)
    I had planned 8 but ended up doing 10. Found mile 6-8 not too pleasant

Sat:
    Food, food and drink, drink (but not too much)

Sun:
    AM 10 miles@ 06:44 pace. HR143
    Backroads of Warrington again
    It was Minus 7 C. I think my ears were slightly frostbitten by mile 2. But overall found this much more enjoyable than 2 days ago

• Advertisement

Week of 27th Dec –2nd Jan

Getting Back Into It
    The week past wasn’t bad. After the lack of routine and few sessions for the last couple of weeks I needed a good week to start getting things back on track.
    But back on track for long may not be the case. Anyway …

Summary:
    Sessions = 7
    3 runs. Total Distance: 31.7 miles.
    3 bike (1 turbo). 167km
    1 core and strength

Total hrs: 10hr 09min:

Mon:
    AM 8 miles@ 07:00 pace. HR 145
    Backroads of Warrington for the last time until July.
    Had a few too many pints last night and so this run was just the cure. Ran a few miles with a chap who did Great Wall of China marathon in 2010. By all means a very tough marathon, though he came still came 4th .

Mon:
    PM
    Strength and core 50mins
    Its been some time I did anything worth while in a gym. This session included 10 mins on the rower and covered 2700m going through 2500 in about 9min 17sec. Incidently my best for the distance way back in 2005 was 8:55. This felt tough but good all the same!

Tues
    Travelling back home so rest day.

Wed:
    Evening turbo:
    60min. HR 123.
    31.6kph
    Watts 212, CAD 89.
    First turbo in a while! But it wasn't bad at all.

Thurs:
    AM 11.7 miles run at 06:51 pace. HR 142
    For once perfect conditions. Felt ok apart from the continued tightness in my left achilles

Fri:
    2:15hr bike ride. Covered 65km @28.7kph. HR 130
    I was just happy to get out side again on the bike. Kept it steady, no major climbs along route, just needed to get the confidence back.

Sat:
    PM 10.7 miles run at 06:52 pace. HR 144
    Oh the legs felt heavy during this. And I felt heavy and sluggish thanks for the 2kg+ I’ve put on over the last month. At least I know when I put on a couple of kg as the belly sees it first. Not good, not good at all

Sun:
    2:30hr bike ride. Covered 71km @27.90kph. HR 129
    Earlier in the week I had intended on heading into the Wicklow mts but before hand I didn’t think I’d be able for that hardest session in 4 days
    It was bloody cold and feet were freezing. I had intended on covering 75km+ but got my first puncture since 2009 (my luck 2011 is only 2 days old) and had to cut it short.

Happy New Year to all of of you readers

Advertisement