Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising the bar a little...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

So did you have a sneaky peek in MacMillan?! You should. :)

I sure did, though I can't never see myself getting anywhere close to 16:07 for the 5k;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaymack75

Great racing abhainn. That's a cracking time - well paced and a few pb's in one race....and it's still only January ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I tell ya Joe - you're the Alf Tupper of Boards, steak and pints the night before, fry up as your pre race meal. You might be half daycent if you focused on a few of these races ;)

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I tell ya Joe - you're the Alf Tupper of Boards, steak and pints the night before, fry up as your pre race meal. You might be half daycent if you focused on a few of these races ;)

Well feck you . Ok the steak and pints are true but the fry up is a big harsh. It was just beans and a sausage from the young lad left overs I had.
    You probably haven't eaten since yesterday morning after that mountain of food (fat) you consumed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Great run Joe sets you up nicely for London and an attack on TheRoadrunners Berlin time sub 2'40 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Great running there, especially that mile 7, any more races planned before London?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Savage race, well done Joe cracking way to run a 10 mile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Cracking race Joe. Savage PB too, and still not happy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Well done on the 10 miler, thats great running!
    Abhainn wrote: »
    Thu – Lunch 2k swim in 45:20
    Thurs was the first outing in the pool since July. I figured 1600m might be manageable with a few 30 sec breaks thrown in. However I surprised myself and swam the full 2k (80 lengths in 45min odd) without a break. Also my pace picked up for the 2nd 1k so a negative split was nice.

Where do you do this? I swim in Arklow pool, trying to get back into it. If you fancied company some time? Or do you do any open water swimming?

Great run Joe sets you up nicely for London and an attack on TheRoadrunners Berlin time sub 2'40 :p

Right now will settle for a 2:39. That RR lad will go lower in London, he's a bloody flyer
    dna_leri wrote: »
    Great running there, especially that mile 7, any more races planned before London?

Cheers. Mile 7 had a nice speedy decent though
    Yes the Kinvara Half on Match 3rd.
    Wicklow Half on March 25th (@MP). May take on a 10k weekend of the 18th Feb if there is one fairly local

Where do you do this? I swim in Arklow pool, trying to get back into it. If you fancied company some time? Or do you do any open water swimming?

A bit nippy for the open water just yet. I'll be getting into that come early May.
    There is a choral leisure 25m pool in Wicklow town which I normally use.

• Advertisement

Weekly Summary 05/02/12

Mon – Evening 9.05 miles steady (06:43m/m) HR 139.
    Tue – PM. 8.2 mile steady run (06:46m/m) HR139
    Wed – AM. 2K swim in 43:10
    PM. 1hr Easy bike turbo. 27kph. Watts 173. Cad 89. HR 121
    Thu – Early am 12 mile run (06:45m/m). HR 136
    Fri - Lunch 9.63 steady run (06:42m/m). HR 135
    Sat – AM 19.05 mile run (06:38m/m). HR 140. Warrington
    Sun – AM 9.9 mile easy.(07:21) HR 126

Totals:
    Run – 67.9miles
    Bike – 27km
    Swim – 2k
    Total Time – 9:24

Summary a bit late.
    I must have picked up a hamstring twinge on my Monday evening run. It was miserable and cold and the pace was quicker than my intended easy. The tenderness was there for all the remaining weeks’ runs but thankfully it didn’t deteriorate.
    No long bike Tues as a job interview messed that up (didn’t get the job either:mad:) but Wed seen me for first time on the bike turbo in a good while. I just had the hour window and I hadn’t time to calibrate the yoke but the wattage felt more like 20 -30 more than the actual figure.
    Headed to Warrington via the Irish sea Thur and boy was the weather raw. The long run on Saturday was overall very good. I’m not 100% what it is but my hands are frequently colder during runs where temp is less than 5c. I never have cold hands, could be less body fat now? Weight continues on the downward trend at 72.7kg.
    Sunday mornings easy run was just a nightmare. Ice, fog, got lost on the outskirts of the town, and a number of visits to the bushes (bloody curry night before), tightened hamstring ensured this session will remain in the memory banks for many a day.

Weekly Summary 12/02/12

Mon – Rest and travel home.
    Tue – AM 113KM bike 28.2kph HR 128.
    Wed – AM. 10.1 miles easy.(07:22m/m) HR126
    Thu – Lunch 12 mile run with 7x1km @5K pace HR148.
    Fri – PM 9.3 steady run (06:41m/m). HR 136
    Sat – AM 12 mile easy mile run (06:48m/m). HR 136
    Sun – Noon. 20.2 miles (06:41m/m). 20 Mile HR 143

Totals:
    Run –63.6 miles
    Bike – 113km
    Swim – 0k
    Total Time – 11hr 10 min.

A bit of an annoying week for niggles. I will get a good rub down this week to sort them out.
    No swim either which isn’t good.

Tues say me on my longest bike to date. A good 4hr ride but I was troubled as soon as I got on the bike (like after just 200 meters). The top right glute immediately became tight and painful. This has happened in the past but not since 2010. It normally sorts itself out in a few km but while it did improve as the bike continued it always felt tight.
    So Wed I was happy with an easy run again with Lar and the glute felt much better . This set me up nicely for Thursdays 1km repeats. It was 3 weeks since my last similar session when I did 6, I also aimed for 6 again but I was somewhat worried the planned pace at 03:20 each might not be possible. Number 3 was very hard with its 800m hill and the legs felt empty but the following reps were strong. I was going to do a no 7 as 500m but told myself to harden up and complete out the 7th with its 400 hard drag at the end a killer (Garmin says no elevation gain?!)
    Good session and very happy. Right hamstring felt fine.

1. 03:19
    2. 03:20
    3. 03:30
    4. 03:17
    5. 03:18
    6. 03:15
    7. 03:20.

Had a very early outing in Crumlin hospital Thur to operate on the young lad lacerated wrist and finger on other hand he managed to do the evening before. Jaysus 2 year olds are busy, Never leave glass vases with shiny stones within reach!! They fixed him up nicely though and all is well again. So I managed a run that evening though my lower back ached like mad.
    And Sat the planned 12 mile progression run was scaled back to easy as my hamstring felt tender again
    As for Sundays long run well I was just glad to get back in one piece. I wasn’t feeling top notch due to excesses with family staying for the weekend. But I had to stop 3 times to stretch out the glute and hamstring again. Today it feels better but must keep an eye on things.

See Lance had a very impressive debut at 70.3 IM Panama.
    3hr 50min in that heat was something

See Lance had a very impressive debut at 70.3 IM Panama.
    3hr 50min in that heat was something

He sure did. However, Rasmus Hennings comment were more interesting. Top 3 were not drug tested as is normal procedure. Random drug tests for fourth down! :confused:

Man, you're running is super impressive. Solid bike too on Tues. Glad to hear the 2 year is alright. All ahead of me!! :cool:

Weekly Summary 19/02/12

Mon – Evening. 9.1 mile run (06:48m/m) HR137
    Tue – AM 107KM bike 27.5kph HR 130.
    Wed – AM 2K swim in 45:10
    Lunch. 12 miles progression run from (06:58m/m to 05:55m/m – avg 06:24m/m) HR146.
    Thu – Evening 8.1 mile easy run (07:05m/m). HR 129
    Fri – AM 10.1 mile run (06:56m/m). HR 135
    Sat – AM 12 mile run with 10 miles in 60:28. HR 152. 10 Mile MP
    Sun – AM. 22.2 mile steady run (06:40m/m) 22.2 Miler HR 140

Totals:
    Run –73.6 miles
    Bike – 107km
    Swim – 2k
    Total Time – 12hr 58 min.

This was a challenging week with regard to injury concerns. I was nearly crapping myself at the end of the Wed progression run. I feared I had piriformis syndrome which is a muscular problem in the middle of the glute. Up to the last 4 miles of the session all had been ok but then the tightness and pain recurred. It happens the Feb issue of Triathlon Plus ran an article on this injury and my symptoms were a replica of the problem. Some coincidence I thought.

At the outset I set myself a demanding week. The injury was at me all Monday but I took it handy on that evening easy run and all seemed better.
    The long bike on Tues was made tougher because of the stiff NW breeze. Paul and I decided to bike north against it for the hour and initially debated taking on the 4k+ climb from Kilmac to Roundwood. I never look forward to the first attempt of this climb each year. The gradient progressively gets worse but we hardened up and I set a good steady pace and actually found the task enjoyable. By 80k my legs were tiring probably though something to do with the 20 miler 2 days previous. All in all a good ride.

Due to a meeting with the Muppets on Thurs (rating 6/10) I cautiously brought forward to Wed the 12 mile progression run originally cancelled from the previous week. As I mentioned above this went ok until the last miles when my arse started to tighten up again. Ice, anti flammatories and self-massage seemed to do the trick post the run and the Thurs and Fri runs were easy affairs without pain. Though the latter run was done on heavy legs and all felt a big effort.

On the other hand what a difference a day makes. The 10 mile MP session on Sat was planned at 06:10m/m. It was 5 weeks previous since me last MP session and that was at 06:17m/m. So after the first 2/3 miles at the planned pace I just let the legs take over and let them roll over. The 6min pace felt very good and well below threshold effort. It was only in the last mile up hill and against the wind when I had to increase the effort.
    Sunday’s long 22 miler was the longest of the campaign so far and after a stale first 5 miles I found the second 11 miles rather enjoyable and strong. That is apart from the massive Alsatian I met in the middle of the road. After some standing off and what appeared both of us more scared off each other I managed to get by him.

I continue to do this runs without gels or water. The total run mileage for the week was my 2nd highest ever and my mass continues it gradual downward trend to 72.4kg, my lightest since I was 17 or 18.
    With an eye on the Kinvara half on Sat week I will bring forward this week’s long run to Sat and reduce it to 18 / 19 miles and aim to get in a 5 x 1 mile interval probably Thursday.
    I will get a good rub down on Wed and start to get focused for that race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Weekly Summary 19/02/12

Mon – Evening. 9.1 mile run (06:48m/m) HR137
    Tue – AM 107KM bike 27.5kph HR 130.
    Wed – AM 2K swim in 45:10
    Lunch. 12 miles progression run from (06:58m/m to 05:55m/m – avg 06:24m/m) HR146.
    Thu – Evening 8.1 mile easy run (07:05m/m). HR 129
    Fri – AM 10.1 mile run (06:56m/m). HR 135
    Sat – AM 12 mile run with 10 miles in 60:28. HR 152. 10 Mile MP
    Sun – AM. 22.2 mile steady run (06:40m/m) 22.2 Miler HR 140

Totals:
    Run –73.6 miles
    Bike – 107km
    Swim – 2k
    Total Time – 12hr 58 min.

This was a challenging week with regard to injury concerns. I was nearly crapping myself at the end of the Wed progression run. I feared I had piriformis syndrome which is a muscular problem in the middle of the glute. Up to the last 4 miles of the session all had been ok but then the tightness and pain recurred. It happens the Feb issue of Triathlon Plus ran an article on this injury and my symptoms were a replica of the problem. Some coincidence I thought.

At the outset I set myself a demanding week. The injury was at me all Monday but I took it handy on that evening easy run and all seemed better.
    The long bike on Tues was made tougher because of the stiff NW breeze. Paul and I decided to bike north against it for the hour and initially debated taking on the 4k+ climb from Kilmac to Roundwood. I never look forward to the first attempt of this climb each year. The gradient progressively gets worse but we hardened up and I set a good steady pace and actually found the task enjoyable. By 80k my legs were tiring probably though something to do with the 20 miler 2 days previous. All in all a good ride.

Due to a meeting with the Muppets on Thurs (rating 6/10) I cautiously brought forward to Wed the 12 mile progression run originally cancelled from the previous week. As I mentioned above this went ok until the last miles when my arse started to tighten up again. Ice, anti flammatories and self-massage seemed to do the trick post the run and the Thurs and Fri runs were easy affairs without pain. Though the latter run was done on heavy legs and all felt a big effort.

On the other hand what a difference a day makes. The 10 mile MP session on Sat was planned at 06:10m/m. It was 5 weeks previous since me last MP session and that was at 06:17m/m. So after the first 2/3 miles at the planned pace I just let the legs take over and let them roll over. The 6min pace felt very good and well below threshold effort. It was only in the last mile up hill and against the wind when I had to increase the effort.
    Sunday’s long 22 miler was the longest of the campaign so far and after a stale first 5 miles I found the second 11 miles rather enjoyable and strong. That is apart from the massive Alsatian I met in the middle of the road. After some standing off and what appeared both of us more scared off each other I managed to get by him.

I continue to do this runs without gels or water. The total run mileage for the week was my 2nd highest ever and my mass continues it gradual downward trend to 72.4kg, my lightest since I was 17 or 18.
    With an eye on the Kinvara half on Sat week I will bring forward this week’s long run to Sat and reduce it to 18 / 19 miles and aim to get in a 5 x 1 mile interval probably Thursday.
    I will get a good rub down on Wed and start to get focused for that race.

Thats a great weeks running. Extremely encouraging, id say, to run the second half of that 22 miler so strongly after the day before and the week before. Youre constructing your marathon very nicely. Best of luck in Kinvara half. Will be a great training boost and validation for training to date; and a great time too.

Ive found the little extra volume/workload makes such a difference on many levels. Weight; leg strenght; aerobic fitness. Id say youd massacre a WWR leg right now!

T runner wrote: »
    Ive found the little extra volume/workload makes such a difference on many levels. Weight; leg strenght; aerobic fitness. Id say youd massacre a WWR leg right now!

Hope the chief pops didn't read that

Weekly Summary 26/02/12

Mon – Evening. 9.1 mile run (06:50m/m) HR132
    Tue – AM 82KM bike 27.9kph HR 129.
    Wed – Rest and deep tissue massage and dry needling.
    Thu – Lunch. 13 mile run (06:44) HR140
    Fri – AM 2.25k swim in 50:05
    Evening 9.1 mile run (06:35m/m) with 9 x 30 secs at 10k -10 mile pace. HR 139
    Sat – AM 19 mile run, 4 mile block progression to sub 6 min. HR 146. Pace 06:26m/m 19 Mile MP
    Sun – AM. 10.33 mile hilly run (06:51m/m) Kilnamanagh

Totals:
    Run –60.53miles
    Bike – 82km
    Swim – 2.25k
    Total Time – 10hr 29 min.

Tired Legs, Aching body
    The full effects of the previous weekends’ sessions was seen clearly on the weekly bike ride on Tues. I was grateful when Dom suggested a shorter bike than previous weeks. The breeze was strong and after we had climbed the ascent out of Kilmac I just knew my legs were going to be empty for the remaining k’s.
    I brought forward my rest day from Fri to Wed to give myself a break and recover (just the 3rd rest day of 2012 so far). I also got an overdue deep tissue massage and some dry needling on my shoulder which is stiff these days from an old football injury.
    I had intended on Thur been a medium run with 5 x 1 mile intervals. I went out on the run with that intention but found out soon that I ached all over from Wed’s poking. I haven’t done any mile repeats in this marathon preparation so far and I’m a bit pissed off over this. And as I look towards the next 6 weeks I can’t see myself getting many in either. I have 4 races planned between now and April 4th. I don’t see it wise to fit a hard session like that one the week of or week after any of the races. Those races will have the purpose of strengthening me up further anyway.
    The body and legs were feeling much better for Friday evening run and it was good. I was feeling better after each pick up with an eye on the following days’ session.
    Up to now I never have included MP miles in my long runs and I wanted to make this run a bit interesting.
    So the aim was a 4 mile block progression run to 6 min pace i.e - .

Block 1. Mile 1-4 @ 7min pace. Actual 06:51/mile
    Block 2. Mile 5-8 @ 06:45min pace. Actual 06:43/mile
    Block 3. Mile 9-12 @ 06:30min pace. Actual 06:23/mile
    Block 4. Mile 13-16 @ 06:15min pace. Actual 06:10/mile
    Block 5. Mile 17-19 @ 06:00min pace. Actual 05:57/mile

My legs felt a bit heavy all through but they responded well especially in the last 3 miles. For the last 40 mins the HR effort was low to mid 150’s until the last 2 miles when the extra gear was needed. Happy also that I didn’t need any water or gels throughout.

Sundays run was supposed to be easy but ended up been not. I decided to explore a road never taken before and it led me to a big fcuk off climb. Scenery was great up there though.

All focus is now on Kinvara half this on Sat. Hoping for an attack on a solid 75 mins, though I probably wouldn’t be totally happy with that if conditions were good.
    For the race I picked up a pair of Nike Zoom elites today and they feel very snug and light. Was looking around for Lunar fly’s but none were to be found.

Weekly Summary 04/03/12

Mon – Evening - 9.8 mile run (06:44m/m) HR136
    Tue – Lunch - 11 miles with following pyramid mins @ 10k pace (05:28m/m) 1,2,3,4,3,2,1. Avg Pace 06:36m/m. HR 140
    Wed – Lunch – 8.2 mile run (06:49m/m) HR135
    Thu – Rest.
    Fri – AM. 6.7 mile run (06:50m/m) with 6 x 30 secs pick-ups. HR 133
    Sat – 16 miles with Kinvara Half marathon in 1:16:31. Position 3rd.
    Sun – AM. 10.6 mile run (07:09m/m). HR 129

Totals:
    Run –62.3miles
    Bike – 0km
    Swim – 0km
    Total Time – 6hr 32 min.

Lucky or Unlucky?
    I was targeting the Kinvara Half as a milestone in the preparation London. On the day I fell 0.3 mile short of my expectations and even though there was some disappointment I think I can build on the performance. See report below:
    The week started off fine and I felt good on the Monday run breaking in the Nike Zoom Elites 5’s I picked up earlier in the day. However Tues I felt drained, very tired and in general crap. I had planned that the pyramid session would get my legs loosened out nicely but would but not be too stressful on the body for Sat. I felt crap on the warm up miles, stopped twice to stretch and actually catch my breath also, though HR wasn’t elevated. I got through the session, though the mid interval one was very tough, all uphill. I reduced session from 12 to 11 miles. It turned out 2 of the family were sick by Thurs so I perhaps I had the bug they had too but didn’t show same symptoms.
    Even though I felt better Wed I canned the planned swim and turbo session and concentrated on taking it easier until Sat and tried to get in some shape for Sat.
    I looked forward to the Sunday run in Galway city and surroundings which I thoughoughly enjoyed apart from the hail. I seemed to have recovered well from the race and also from the very enjoyable pints the evening in the great city Galway still is.

Kinvara Half race report
    Why Kinvara? Actually to kill two birds with the one stone, a chance to visit family, and get in an important race. And the bonus item? The race was on Sat so I could be bold and re stock up on my depleted iron levels after :)
    It was a sell-out race, with more than 1000 runners in the half and 10k races. The whole of the Rathfarnham AC seemed to be down, and many other clubs were well represented.
    My warm up before the race immediately worried me. My right glute felt very sore and I didn’t have anti flams on my either. Decision time, it looked like my first DNS. If I ran I could easily make the injury worse, bang goes London. I decided to chance it and see how I fared, but if I felt it getting worse I would immediately pull up.
    We were off and 4 of us broke away from the field. My planned pace for the race was 05:40-45m/m. That could get me close to a high 1:14 but I knew this would be challenging as the wind was fresh in the village and I didn’t know what if any shelter there would on the course.
    By mile 1 last year’s winner was already powering ahead and that left 3 of us running together, one Mayo lad and the other wearing his Rathfarnham vest. The anti-clockwise route did us no favors. The wind was from the NW and as we headed S for the first 4.8 miles the hedges basically sheltered us from side tail wind. However I ticked over nicely enjoying the rolling hills, slightly testing my companions on the up hills and easing a little on the down bits. I knew the Dub would be hard to crack. My pace was spot on, I felt fine but not as comfortable as the Dungarvan 10 mile race some weeks before. The course took a sharp right just before mile 5 and we 3 had then became 2 as we felt the full force of the elements on our faces. Rocks, rocks everywhere and not a hedge for shelter. We were in the openiness of the Burren and the road was dead straight and with no turn in sight. I knew the pace had dropped but was alarmed to see 06:05/mile on the Garmin. My companion dropped in behind me for shelter but I think he knew I wasn’t happy as I slightly weaved intentionally on the road. So we ran side by side for the next 3 miles or so with the added bonus of a nasty shower. I thought my effort levels had shot up but my HR was still below 90% (169 bpm). My legs weren’t responding and felt heavy but at least my glute felt fine.

We encounted a nasty drag up to mile 8 and by now I was intent on letting the Dub ease ahead. Again my HR was steady it’s just that I hadn’t another gear in my legs. I was thankful when the route turned hard right before 10 miles and I aimed to get a reasonable last 5k in. These last miles were undulating, some testing hills and then some sharp down sections but I managed to pick things up and finish reasonably strong for 3rd position and a 27 sec PB

I was relieved when speaking with the first 2 lads after that they were unanimous in that they felt they lost 1-1.5mins in that middle section because of the elements. The course is definitely not as flat as the Garmin output reported. But one positive item is that the Garmin had the length spot one at 13.10 miles. (Dublin 2011 @ 26.45 miles still annoys me.:mad:
    This still is a lovely route, a very well- run race one which I think I will return for. Actually I probably won’t race another half until this same race in 2013 in preparation for Boston a few weeks later.

The next race up was supposed to be Tubbercurrey 10k March 17th. Looks like that will be replaced with the 5 mile in Kildalkey on the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Weekly Summary 04/03/12

But one positive item is that the Garmin had the length spot one at 13.10 miles. (Dublin 2011 @ 26.45 miles still annoys me.:mad:

Well done good running and always nice to make the podium :) 26.45 miles sounds about right for a marathon in my experience. I've stuck to the blue racing line before and ran further. You'll always run further than the race line, you will take deviations just by running for water tables alone.

Congrats on the 3rd place finish Joe. :cool: Well earned pints too! :D

Looks like you were running around my home area on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Well done good running and always nice to make the podium :) 26.45 miles sounds about right for a marathon in my experience. I've stuck to the blue racing line before and ran further. You'll always run further than the race line, you will take deviations just by running for water tables alone.

Thanks RR. Nice to be picking up prizes again
    There is a consensus among many that DM 2011 was well long. Throughout 2011 my timepiece (s/w 2.70 or later) measured all my races with exception of Frank Duffy (@10.03 miles) slightly shorter than the advertised AAI certified length. Oh I run shortest route and do not cut corners before you ask;)
    Have you finished those cheap cans yet?
    pgibbo wrote: »
    Congrats on the 3rd place finish Joe. :cool: Well earned pints too! :D

Looks like you were running around my home area on Sunday.

Worked there for 5 years. Great town. Great beer

Thanks RR. Nice to be picking up prizes again
    There is a consensus among many that DM 2011 was well long. Throughout 2011 my timepiece (s/w 2.70 or later) measured all my races with exception of Frank Duffy (@10.03 miles) slightly shorter than the advertised AAI certified length. Oh I run shortest route and do not cut corners before you ask;)

Really I didn't realise that! I had the marathon at 26.47 and FD at 10.06 so very similar reading to yours.
    Have you finished those cheap cans yet?
    Not yet, I want to be within 5 a minute drive of a hospital before attempting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Well done Joe - that's a very good time all things taken into account. Your well set.

I may well be racing that 5 miler on Paddy's day aswell. I owe you a lift if you wanted to share a car?

I am glad you brought up DCM 2011, I've been carrying that cross around with me since then. 26.53 miles this end, cost me sub 2:40 FCUK, I'm not bitter about it at all:mad: I'll use it as a motivating factor in Berlin:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Nice going Joe....some man.

Pronator wrote: »
    I am glad you brought up DCM 2011, I've been carrying that cross around with me since then. 26.53 miles this end, cost me sub 2:40 FCUK, I'm not bitter about it at all:mad: I'll use it as a motivating factor in Berlin:D

I ran 26.45 in Berlin and that was sticking to the blue line. Maybe you two pussies need to HTFU and train a little harder ;)

I may well be racing that 5 miler on Paddy's day aswell. I owe you a lift if you wanted to share a car?

Good your on. I'm sure we will discuss a certain MSB person on the way
    I ran 26.45 in Berlin and that was sticking to the blue line. Maybe you two pussies need to HTFU and train a little harder ;)

Ya true I'm a big pussy alright. You'll probably drink me under the table in London as well.
    Any warm up races for you? Fancy a run in the sticks with a good smell of cow shxte on the 17th?

Any warm up races for you? Fancy a run in the sticks with a good smell of cow shxte on the 17th?

I won't be toeing the line of any race until I am confident I can do myself justice. So no I won't be hauling my fat unfit arse out to the sticks for you and pronator to spank. However I will be happy to arrange a show down with you two pussies during the summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

I'll have to start drinking that "Dutch Gold" sh*te to harden up;)

I'll have to start drinking that "Dutch Gold" sh*te to harden up;)

Yeah you come across as an appletini kind of guy. The gold will put a couple of hairs on your chest and gravel in your voice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

This goes a long way towards explaining missing my target by 17min. And all this time here was me thinking it was my inadequate training.

Advertisement