Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising the bar a little...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

A top 100 place in one of the biggest most competitive marathons in the world, in an Olympic year is something to be proud of for the rest of your life.

+1, due to the incorporation of the UK champs this race is definitely more competitive than the majority of big city marathons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Great report Joe and an amazing run. I'd say you're still on cloud 9. Top 100 too!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Weekly Summary 29/04/12
    Mon – Recovery beers - a few
    Tue – 2/3 recovery beers
    Wed – 1 recovery beer
    Thur – AM swim 1.5k easy. Wine and a couple of beers later.
    Fri – Early am 4.1 mile run, very easy. A number of beers later.
    Sat – AM 58k bike with the Beepbeep. About 27kph. Then some fine beers with Krusty, wine with big indian, out then for a couple more beers.
    Sun –Rest after tough week. Then wine with lunch, beers watching 2nd half match, following by quality craft beers reading the broad sheets.

Summary
    The above summary could have been taken from the training logs section of the Beer Wine & Spirits forum if that section existed. Yes it was a solid week for carb loading after the marathon as I seemed to have celebrated the London effort rather well.
    Don’t be alarmed as I’ve got my act together again this week. The fact is my legs were in bits for 4 days. Perhaps some baths and easy stretching would have helped but I am a lazy git when it comes to that stuff.
    This is my last week of my 4 month sabbatical as I rejoin the masses again. That means getting all the last bits done around the place and start getting in a number of swims and bikes this week. Challenge Barcelona will arrive quickly.
    Before that however on Sunday week I’ll be joining up with Mr. Mick Rice in the Kildare Marathon to pace a few to sub 3hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Abhainn wrote: »
    Before that however on Sunday week I’ll be joining up with Mr. Mick Rice in the Kildare Marathon to pace a few to sub 3hrs

I'll be pacing myself so I'll see you there.

Good stuff with the eating and drinking. You looked like you needed a bit of fattening up last time I seen you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

who's the big indian...

• Advertisement

I'll be pacing myself so I'll see you there.

Good stuff with the eating and drinking. You looked like you needed a bit of fattening up last time I seen you :)

Thanks and totally guilt free.:D
    No one had said I was looking sick or if I had a bad diesese though so makes me think there could be room to rid some more. Will be interesting to see what the mother thinks this weekend when we go back to the sticks for an overdue visit
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    who's the big indian...

Always the jack. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Will be interesting to see what the mother thinks this weekend when we go back to the sticks for an overdue visit

If the Mother says you look sick then you know you hit your optimal race weight:) Anything planned in between or is all focus now shifting to Challenge Barca?

If the Mother says you look sick then you know you hit your optimal race weight:) Anything planned in between or is all focus now shifting to Challenge Barca?

JB yes focus on Barca now. 20 or so weeks to the race.
    With new job about to start it will be challenging to get in the required 3 x swims, 3 x bikes, 4 / 5 x runs per week.
    With regard to swim (my weakest disipline) I have someone lined up to improve my efficiency and that begins next week.
    I plan to bike to work and return home one day per week. About 110k round trip with the hills. Long bike at weekend will sort itself out.
    As for the runs well hopefully will get that in at lunch times or else early before work in the area around Tallaght

Target breakdown for Barca

Swim -1:20
    Bike - 5:30
    Run - 3:05-3:10
    T1 + T2 = 0:15 (Must check with pbibbo from last year how long T1 /T2 took him as not in results)

Total - 10:15

That total is a slightly optimistic but it all depends on how the prep goes and how hot it is on the day.

That was some savage week you put in there. Feck me IRONMAN is too poor a description for you

T1/T2 is the same area. A large tent beside the bike area and start of run. So it can be very fast! You get 2 bags for transition. One for T1 and one for T2. Each athlete has aa slot with 2 hangers (one high, one low) and they are colour coded so you know which is for T1 and which for T2. After all that, it's a fast transition.

1:20 swim is a bit conservative IMO. Bike is generally flat and fast unless the wind blows up. Run - pancake flat. I'm hoping you go sub 3! :D

JB yes focus on Barca now. 20 or so weeks to the race.
    With new job about to start it will be challenging to get in the required 3 x swims, 3 x bikes, 4 / 5 x runs per week.
    With regard to swim (my weakest disipline) I have someone lined up to improve my efficiency and that begins next week.
    I plan to bike to work and return home one day per week. About 110k round trip with the hills. Long bike at weekend will sort itself out.
    As for the runs well hopefully will get that in at lunch times or else early before work in the area around Tallaght

Target breakdown for Barca

Swim -1:20
    Bike - 5:30
    Run - 3:05-3:10
    T1 + T2 = 0:15 (Must check with pbibbo from last year how long T1 /T2 took him as not in results)

Total - 10:15

That total is a slightly optimistic but it all depends on how the prep goes and how hot it is on the day.

That was some savage week you put in there. Feck me IRONMAN is too poor a description for you

Any more than 8mins in both T1+T2 in Barca and you would be snoozing as its very fast:). Given your standalone marathon time as an indicator and as long as the IM specific bike work is done i think you would be closer to a sub 3. Bear in mind your standalone pb is 30mins quicker than mine yet my IM target run time will only be 10/15mins off your estimation. So yeah you should go close to sub 10;) no pressure.

• Advertisement

pgibbo wrote: »
    T1/T2 is the same area. A large tent beside the bike area and start of run. So it can be very fast! You get 2 bags for transition. One for T1 and one for T2. Each athlete has aa slot with 2 hangers (one high, one low) and they are colour coded so you know which is for T1 and which for T2. After all that, it's a fast transition.

1:20 swim is a bit conservative IMO. Bike is generally flat and fast unless the wind blows up. Run - pancake flat. I'm hoping you go sub 3! :D

Cheers Paul for that. That is good to know.

Any more than 8mins in both T1+T2 in Barca and you would be snoozing as its very fast:). Given your standalone marathon time as an indicator and as long as the IM specific bike work is done i think you would be closer to a sub 3. Bear in mind your standalone pb is 30mins quicker than mine yet my IM target run time will only be 10/15mins off your estimation. So yeah you should go close to sub 10;) no pressure.

I think 7 min mile (04:20/km) is sustainable for me. Most important though is hydration and nutrition on the day.
    Sub 3 and a sub 10 ??:rolleyes: Now that would be some dream alright. Long long way to go

Hudration and nutrition will be key. It was 30 degrees heading out on the run last year but felt a lot hotter. There's no shade on the run course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

To the tri lads, Why compete in a race where you know you'll be facing 30 degrees of heat? As an Irish person isnt that a huge disadvantage?

To the tri lads, Why compete in a race where you know you'll be facing 30 degrees of heat? As an Irish person isnt that a huge disadvantage?

That's a gamble you take on a Spring marathon or Autumn marathon abroad too. It's not specific to tri.

Plus I'd rather the heat than the misery of Galway 70.3 last year!!!

Not so bad if you have trained for it. The fact is most of the big races and the ones worth doing are mainland Europe and these are the conditions you have to race in. Those targeting those races just need to simulate the conditions the best way they can. Personally i done a lot of IM specific work last week whilst away in similar heat to what i will be racing in.
    For those who do not have that opportunity turbo sessions @ IM effort with the heating on full blast whilst in winter gear and running in full winter gear if Summer arrives is something that can be done to try help simulate race conditions.
    After my week i am now fully aware that the heat can easily add 20sec per km onto your run time for the same effort back home and hydration in particular on the run if you get it wrong will end your race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

The IM world Championships is in a Furnace. Its practice :D

Seriously though, the bike is at least half of your race. Warm and dry suits the bike. The problem is that you are out for the day. With straight Marathons at least you get them done by midday or so. In warmer countries the range of temps is greater. So while it may be scorchio on the run, it migt have started pretty chilly at 7am when you began.

As pgibbo said you just take your chances. I'd happily bake than face a whole day of wind and rain.

Better weather draws out more support too, and you need it for an IM marathon.

@Abhainn.... nice split predictions. I agree with the guys. I think 1:20 is conservative and you can take 7-8 mins easy off your transition. Leaving you with hitting 3:05 for a sub 10?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭aero2k

Hi Joe,

Belated congratulations on a magnificent performance in London. You're setting the bar higher not just for yourself but for all who follow your log. You deserve great credit for not letting the cramp get to you near the end - it would have been easy to let the fact that you were on a sub 6 min/mile average mess with your head just enough to wreck your chances.

Best of luck with Barcelona - with your record of setting and achieving impressive goals I know we're all in for another great race report. I'll be watching with interest.

Weekly Summary 6/05/12
    Mon – Evening – 8.8 mile steady run (06:38m/m) HR142
    Tue – Lunch 2.3km steady swim. Pace 02:08/100m
    - PM Turbo 0:55 min. Distance 28.4km. Watts 204. HR 117
    Wed – 62.5km TT bike @ 32.6kph. HR 136
    Thur – Early am. 8.25 mile run (06:54m/m) HR 142
    Fri – AM -2.25km swim. Pace 02:06/100m
    Sat – AM. Brick session. 95.5km TT bike @ 30.0kph. HR 135. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/175795323
    Run 2.25 miles (06:29 m/m)
    Sun – AM 12.4 miles steady run (06:39m/m) HR 142

Totals:
    Runs x 4 –29.5 miles
    Bike x 3– 186.6km
    Swim x 2 – 4.55km
    Total Time – 11hr 13 min.

Getting Back into it – Focus on Challenge Barcelona.
    Overall this week went relatively well. My avg HR seemed a little high especially for some of the run sessions. I gather the body was still in recovery mode from the marathon efforts but still
    I had aimed for 3 x swims but had to cancel the planned late Thurs session as the OH was tied up at work. I wasn’t a happy bunny but frig all I could do about it. Though the early am Fri session seen further improvement, time wise. At the moment I am still focusing on swim endurance and increasing the weekly swim distance before I introduce the harder speed sessions. My aim is to get as close to 2:00/100m for these longer sessions throughout the summer. If I could manage a couple of 3.8k swims in the pool in around 1:18 would give me a great lift.
    The 3 bikes went well too. It was good to get in the 95k on the TT bike on part of the Tour of Sligo course on Sat. It was more of a discovery bike than anything else. While the first 30k were into a small head wind I found my legs a bit unresponsive. The next 30k or so were pleasant though the third / fourth class roads made the getting onto the bars for any length of time difficult. I had never been down these ways before. I got many looks around here especially by the “farmers and the way they were looking at me”. The last 35k was on good roads but from about 70k my neck began to ache and by 85k I just wanted to finish up.
    The run off the bike on was too quick on poor bog roads but it felt great to be back on these.
    The highlight of the running week was Sunday mornings run. With perfect cool and clear conditions this was a very enjoyable run around Enniscrone. The legs were in really good form.

Week ahead - Even though I am 3hr pacing the Kildare Marathon on Sunday I am not stepping back much this week. With the start of the new job sessions have had to be juggled around so I’d better get used to it

Weekly Summary 13/05/12

Mon – Evening - 2.0km swim. Pace 02:05/100m
    Tue – PM 6.75 mile run (06:51m/m)
    Wed – Early am 2.25km swim. Pace 02:01/100m
    - Evening Turbo 1:10 min. Distance 36.6km Watts 210. HR 124
    Thur – Lunch. 7.6 mile run (06:38m/m) HR 142
    – Evening - 2.0km swim. Pace 02:05/100m
    Fri – Rest
    Sat – AM. 62km TT bike @ 32.7kph. HR 132.
    Edge 500
    Sun – AM Kildare Marathon 3hr pacer. 2:59:28 HR 151
    Kildare Marathon

Totals:
    Run x 3 – 40.7 miles
    Bike x 2– 98.8km
    Swim x 3 – 6.25km
    Total Time – 9hr 49 min.

Decent week overall
    It was decent week on the swimming and running disciplines. I’m finding my swimming is becoming stronger and the pace is improving. My swimming technique review didn’t happen last week but has been rescheduled to tomorrow.
    My running week only consisted of 3 runs but you can’t argue with the overall effort when you add in the sub 3 Kildare Marathon on Sunday. Report below. I am considering maybe adding another sub 3 in during the summer, just to keep things moving along.
    My lunch time running is now restrained due to only having 30 mins. Thurs is the only day I can run as it is extended to 45 mins. I did manage a sneaki (as ultraman1 would say;)) on Thurs but miscalculated the route and rather embarrassedly was late back which was not really good in your first week.
    I usually gauge myself on how fit I am by avg HR on regular runs. On all the runs including Kildare the numbers tell me I am 5-7BPM over where I’m expecting to be. I’m not sick but I am getting less sleep this last week, in region of 6-6.5hrs. This isn’t so good.
    I only got in 2 bikes this last week but long bike starts again on Sunday. Sat was exciting though as I tried out my new toy – Garmin Edge 500 for the first time. It would seem the only function not accurate is the temperature reading which I’d say was +2C out.

Kildare Marathon Report

I’m not really sure why I offered my pacing services for this. I’d never paced a race before but I guess I wanted to help some runners achieve a sub 3 finish, some of whom may be their first time. The added bonus was that Id be pacing with the one and only Mick Rice
    I was taxi man for the occasion, picked up Beepbeep67, Krusty and TFBubendorfer on the way. Facilities in the Curragh for the pacers laid on by Ultraman1 and Kildare crew were top notch.
    I agreed with Mick that our strategy was to go even pace, get through 13.1 in 1:29:30 and then provide regular updates on our pace to those still with us at every mile split there after.
    Once the first 4 miles were complete we had settled down and a nice group of perhaps 12-13 had been formed. Mick had 2 club mates in tow and Beepbeep67 and Mithril were nicely tucked in also.
    The miles rolled on and the group was nicely moving also. The mile markers didn’t seem to be in the right positions but we were not overly concerned though we did have a bit of a moan about them. By mile 11 or so the breeze was more noticeable and head on as we hit the first significant hill. This tested some in the group and 1 or 2 fell off the back. It wasn’t long before we crossed the mat at half way in 1:29:31. we were as good as bang on target. But the group was put under some pressure by the 2nd hill on this the 14th mile and a few became detached but then managed to reattach themselves again. We reinforced the “tuck in behind us” to the remaining 6/7 runners as the breeze seemed to be more against us. As we entered the last 10k it was somewhat like Agatha Christies “And Then There Were None” as a few runners pushed on ahead and others slowly dropped off the pace.
    Finally Mick and I were left to run in the last 4 miles together. I doubt I will find the last 4 miles of any marathon again as easy as this again.
    Fair play to Mithril, Frank & Niall who all ran very strong in the last 10k and had fine sub 3’s.
    I really felt for Beepbeep67, Patrick, Paul, Mark and Mick’s team mates Jane-Ann and Tony, their day will surely come.
    Finally thanks Mick Rice, those 26.2 miles just flew by. Hopefully again sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

I’m not really sure why I offered my pacing services for this. I’d never paced a race beforee
    I was taxi man for the occasion,
    Now u know:D

• Advertisement

Weekly Summary 21/05/12

Mon – Evening – Recovery 1.5km swim. Pace 02:10/100m
    Tue – Early am 7.00 mile steady run (06:51m/m). HR 142
    Wed – Early am 26km bike commute to car @ 30kph pace
    Thur – Lunch. 6.25 mile steady run (06:42m/m) HR 139
    – Evening - 2.5km steady swim. Pace 02:02/100m
    Fri – Evening Turbo 1:20 min. Distance 44.1km Watts 211. HR 123
    Included 1 x15min @ 210w,1 x 20 @ 220w, 1 x 25min at 230w
    Sat – AM. 12.35 mile steady run (06:47 m/m). HR146
    PM - 2.0km swim. Pace 01:57/100m
    Sun – Brick session. Bike 110km @ 28.3kph. HR125.
    Work Bike recce
    3.65 mile run (06:36m/m). HR 147

Totals:
    Run x 4 – 29.25 miles. Time 3hr 17min
    Bike x 3– 180.1km. Time - 6h 04min
    Swim x 3 – 6km. Time - 2hr 03min
    Total Time – 11hr 25 min.

18 weeks to race day
    That seems like forever away now. I glance at the The Competitive Program in “Be Iron Fit” by Fink now and then. Last week had me pretty much bang on time wise and I’m happy enough where I am right now. I think I’m getting in good sessions, the key towards the weeks is maintaining the volume and quality.
    Again this week I’m happiest with my swimming. The session of the week was Sat afternoon’s 2k steady continuous swim. I squeezed this in just before the evening footy games commenced. I very rarely manage sub 5 min pace per 250m but I managed all 8 250’s sub 5 with the last completed in 4:48. And that after a good steady 12 mile run earlier in the morning.
    My calves weren’t the best Mon and Tues after the Kildare marathon. Not sure why as I never suffer from sore or tight calves. On Fri I had planned an early morning 8 miler before work. I didn’t have to discuss this twice with myself and quickly cancelled it as the weekends sessions were more important to complete.
    Its not often the OH and myself get out. On school night Tues I finally managed to get to Derry Clarkes fine eatery. It wasn’t really the two of us as it was one of Sarah’s events but the combination of the fine grub and wine to match was splendid. That meant an early commute to get my car for work next morning. However it was pleasant.
    Sunday’s bike was easy recce for work commute which I’m planning once a week. I had company for the first 2 hrs which was good and even stopped for a sambo on the way back.

So more of the same the coming week. As its starting to warm up I might even try for a dip in the cool Irish sea at the weekend. There are 5k races in the area on Thurs and Fri so I may do one of those to keep the running legs in form. The Fri one suits best at the moment.
    Later….

Weekly Summary 27/05/12

Mon – Lunch – Easy 4 .65 mile run (06:57m/m)
    Late PM - 2.0km swim. Pace 02:04/100m.
    Tue – Rest
    Wed – Early am. 53.5km bike commute to work @ 30.5kph. HR 131
    Commute - PM. 53km bike commute home @ 28.6kph. HR 127
    Thur – Lunch. 6.9 mile steady run (06:35m/m) HR 146
    – Evening - 2.5km steady swim. Pace 01:58/100m
    Fri – Evening: 6.4 miles with 5K Race
    Kilcoole
    in 16:48. Position 1st. HR 178, Max 186
    Sat – AM. 13.35 mile steady run (06:44 m/m). HR143
    PM – OW 1.4km swim in 30 mins. HR 118
    Sun – AM Long TT bike 123km@32.0KPH. Hr128

Totals:
    Run x 4 – 31.3 miles. Time 3hr 28min
    Bike x 3– 230km. Time - 7h 26min
    Swim x 3 – 5.8km. Time - 2hr 01min

Total Time – 12hr 55 min.

Loads of doubles, a first 5k win and some new beers

I suppose this was my best week to date, and I even got in a rest day
    Wed saw two bikes, in and out to work. Going in at 6am was absolutely glorious and it seemed rather effortless. I took a slightly different route going home, one which I won’t take again due to its danger and technical nature in which I lost time. The headwind for the last 25k also slowed me a little.
    A solid swim Thursday night left me feeling very stale and tired for Friday. I’m not sleeping well these nights too, at best 6.5 hrs sleep and even then its interrupted.
    I hadn’t prepared for the Kilcoole 5k race on Fri evening. I figured I needed some form of a VO2 max running session and this ticked that box. So it wasn’t the strongest field ever assembled but there still seemed to be a few speedy lads in the 100+ field. Just before the start it was mentioned the quickest lad was a 16:30 5ker. That was my carrot and I quickly perked up for the challenge.
    The course was going to be a challenge. I set myself the goal of anything under 17:00
    At the off the 16:30 lad from the Parnells club and I went off from the front along with an enthusiastic junior. The 500m climb was followed by a fast 1.5k section. We went through 2k in 6:21 with me pushing throughout at the front. I felt very good through halfway although the HR was very high. The good thing about a 5k is that 4-6 mins of pain is usually manageable so I prepared myself.
    The route profile became much tougher just after half way and right past the 4k mark. During the toughest section I increased the effort and managed to pull out a gap of perhaps 10 meters from the lad in the Sli Cualann vest. My lungs started to burn just past the turnaround at 4.2k and I reckoned I had 5-6 secs of a lead. I wasn’t going to be beaten. With HR 1bpm below my assumed max I pushed down the last 500m and got my first 5k win. The few bob was nice too and the win stolen from the high numbers of the Kilcoole contingent. :)I don’t think they were too happy at the single orange vest winning this.

The legs felt fine during Sat’s early run. I then killed 2 birds with the one shot and braved myself for the first OW swim of the year. We know of a secluded cove 3 miles north of the packed beaches of Brittas. The kids loved their first Irish beach experience in ages. The water was very choppy but at least I managed 30 mins swimming over and back in the 70m gap in the coastline
    Sunday was good. Beautiful weather and the 123k trip on the TT, my longest ever bike. I maintained pace rather well though the final 20 k wasn’t nice due to my neck aching badly. It is still sore. I only need a further 57k and speed up 0.7kph and then have good legs to a 42km km run.
    Two beers I need to mention. :rolleyes:
    The O’Hara’s pale ale is brewed by the Carlow brewing company. It is currently in many a Tesco store. A great refreshing and tasty beer. I know BB67 and also Krusty are fans also.
    The second is from Magic Hat brewing company in Vermont in the US.
    “Not Quite Pale Ale” is been reviewed in June edition of the OH's F&W and I got my hands on 2 of these. This is a great fruity and refreshing beer. Not sure who stocks it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaymack75

good solid week done there abhainn - and congrats on the 5k win :)

Nice to be averaging 32k for 4hrs on the bike at this stage. A few more of those long spins and you'll be flying in barca.

Are you gonna try and do that commute once a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Beautiful weather and the 123k trip on the TT, my longest ever bike. I maintained pace rather well though the final 20 k wasn’t nice due to my neck aching badly.

Are you staying down on the tri bars for most of this - I might be able to get close to an hour if I really went for it but its hard going on the neck. Did you get fitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Wow quality week put down Abhainn and well done on the 5k win!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nice one on the beers. O'Hara's IPA is hard to beat. Doyle's and Bowes in town both have it on tap and lots of other places I don't remember at the moment. Superquinn sell it in bottles too (if there's one near you). This site lists all of the pubs in the country where you can get Irish craft beers (they also have iphone/Android apps if you have a smartphone). Had Magic Hat #9 a couple of years ago. Magic beer!

Oh and well done on the 5k. Super result. Looks like a tough climb at 5k pace from around half way (my worst nightmare). That's some average HR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Have a few chilling and queuing for research purposes only :rolleyes:

Avalanche - Fyne Ales Scotland - Hopped Ale
    Pacific Summer Ale - Looks Scandinavian - ale is the only word I recognize in the description (better be nice @ 4.95 for 40cl :eek:)
    Blue Moon - North American Craft Beer - Wheat Beer

Any close encounters with any of the above?

Congrats on the 5k win. Nice training going on too

jaymack75 wrote: »
    good solid week done there abhainn - and congrats on the 5k win :)
    Nice to be averaging 32k for 4hrs on the bike at this stage. A few more of those long spins and you'll be flying in barca.
    Are you gonna try and do that commute once a week?

Yes jaymack that is the plan. Ideally Id like to get the commute in around mid week. But that won’t always be the case. I usually collect kids and cook dinner before the OH gets home. One afternoon per week she works from home, so then I am free that day to get it in. This week commute is down for Fri (I get off early Fri’s).
    catweazle wrote: »
    Are you staying down on the tri bars for most of this - I might be able to get close to an hour if I really went for it but its hard going on the neck. Did you get fitted?

For the first 3 hrs I’d say I got down for 75%
    Oh yes B2R did the fitting.
    I’m hoping I will get more accustomed to the set up.
    Nice one on the beers. O'Hara's IPA is hard to beat. Doyle's and Bowes in town both have it on tap and lots of other places I don't remember at the moment. Superquinn sell it in bottles too (if there's one near you). This site lists all of the pubs in the country where you can get Irish craft beers (they also have iphone/Android apps if you have a smartphone). Had Magic Hat #9 a couple of years ago. Magic beer!

Oh and well done on the 5k. Super result. Looks like a tough climb at 5k pace from around half way (my worst nightmare). That's some average HR!
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Have a few chilling and queuing for research purposes only :rolleyes:

Pacific Summer Ale - Looks Scandinavian - ale is the only word I recognize in the description (better be nice @ 4.95 for 40cl :eek:)

I knew the beer experts would provide me with some valuable information;). No BB67 haven't sampled those yet

Cheers boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    All over to Beepbeep's for a swifty after work? :)

Blue Moon is made by Coors, but is actually not bad. It's like Hoegaarden, but more orangey-coriander'ish. Avalanche is top-notch, and it's less strong than your typical ale, so no dirty hangovers the next day. There should be a fine selection of craft beers at the Bloom festival in Phoenix Park this weekend, so you just have to convince your other halfs to drive you in, to admire the flower and shrub selection. ;)

Advertisement