Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising the bar a little...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Well done on your very first crazy-man endeavor!!! And I believe you did the old man equivalent of "chicking" the other two ladies. ;) Super result. Serious props for putting yourself through what you did and for the way you did it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Well done Abhainn! Looking forward to the report. It was fun tracking ye all at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Mod can we have a name change to Obe One?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Looking forward to the report too. It better take at least as long as your race to read it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Challenge Barcelona - part 1

- Recap on race training

Running:

From the start of 2012 up to the London marathon my main focus was on the running side. I did include an occasional 1 steady swim and 1 long bike / week during the time though. My running mileage peaked at 74 miles / week. And I grabbed a 2:36 in the process. Not too bad.
    From then on till Sept 30th I tipped along averaging 40 miles / week. I threw in a local 5k trace in May and won it (16:48 hilly course) and lowered my 10k in Dunshaughlin to 34:20 with little or no speed work. There were 5/6 long runs of 2 hrs +.
    I didn’t see much point in tempo / interval runs. My IM pace for the day would be no quicker than 4:15 / km. Anyway 95% of my training mileage was quicker than this.

Swimming:
    As I said I had tipped along till early May with an odd swim of about 2-2.5k here and there. Pace was slow about 2:15/100m. I had plans for some lessons to improve my technique (just got one in the end) and introduce some speed sessions (didn’t happen). I was more interested in getting endurance swim sessions and hoping my times would decrease.
    And the times slowly reduced. Into the 25m pool I’d hop and swim for 2.5-3.25k with the odd quick stop for fluid intake. I’d keep an eye on each 10 length split to keep me alerted.
    In early June I started OW swimming in the harbor and built these up to 4.0km +. Splits continued to fall and had a couple of 4k swims @ 67min IM pace. Not too bad.

Bike:
    Up to early April, most weeks I hooked up with Dom and Paul from B2R for a long bike. These bikes were from 2.5 – 4hrs which were decent. These bikes seemed not to take away any of my running fitness. It proved that in London.
    When I started a new job in May this gave me the chance to bike to work and home fairly regularly. The long bikes at the weekend were increased to almost 6.5hrs, these weren’t easy mentally but I ensured I kept pace decent and worked on the hills. Thankfully I had company twice with Jackyback and Beepbeep 67 and many hrs of music.

Summary:
    So basically it was steady, consistent training. No fancy stuff in there. Didn’t do any bike TT races and or sea swims for that matter, though I’m sure they would have added something.
    Completed Tri Athlone and was happy with my progress. Had a solid race in the half in Swinford, where my swim was very positive, had no legs on the bike but ran very well on the run.
    Taper went fine, no illness. Throughout the 20 weeks I continued to avoid injuries. All was set then for a realistic chance of having a good race

Thurs 27th Sept – 3 days to Race

Sarah had packed as if it were a 2 week holiday. The Mondeo estate was wedged. 2 kids were very alert at 4:30am as we commenced our journey to Barcelona. Grandma was also coming, helpers were welcome. One of my bros Shane came from Stuggart
    I met Mike (MCOS) and Caz when they boarded the flight. Mike an experienced IM guy I was glad he was coming.
    Flight was fine and train ride to Calella took 2hrs+, Sarah had to be cute enough not to get pick pocketed as we boarded our 2nd train.
    Hotel President was our base for 5 days and we reached there sometime around 2:30. Rooms small but everything we needed and the cost was reasonable and food good. It was probably one of the better hotels in the area. Later we had heard stories of other during our stay which were not up to scratch.
    After check in we attempted a sleep, but kids wanted nothing of it. They escaped to a coldish pool, as I slipped away to discover the place on my own.
    Calella is nice. There were loads of cafes small bars, and a few good restaurants which we tried every night. I was getting hungry so by 5pm I was well into a lovely pizza, espresso and a beer to settle myself. I needed it.
    A text message then “we are heading for dinner at 6” it read. It seems I had my starter already. Breeze then blew up, it was cold. I didn’t know then a storm was just a day away.

Friday 28th – 2 days to Race
    I met the ladies - Fran and Mike at about 10 am. A few hugs and kisses. Needed a little assistance with my bike and Fran gladly accepted the challenge.
    We biked what turned out to be the hilliest part of the bike course, about 24km in total 12 k out and back. It was breezy but the road surface was very good. Along the coast it was nice. HR was 5-7 bpm up from what it should. Speed 34km +. This was not really confidence boosting stuff. We ran about 5km off the bike @ about 4:20 pace. Again not inspiring stuff.
    We sat by the pool then legs in the water and talked girly stuff for an hour. Caz was impressed.

Later that evening we were in a rough Med for a dip. Bouys were then been positioned and we swam around what would be the 200m from the start and the 300m one from the shore which would be the final one before the finish. The swim turned out to about 850m according to Mike’s computer. It took me 21 mins. My goggles were badly leaking and my eyes weren’t pretty.
    What a shock for confidence. I was like a bastard that night.

Sat 29th – 1 day to Race
    I was out by 8am for a 5km run. Sky was dark, storm was almost here. Ran down by the race start, feck will this race go ahead?
    Run itself wasn’t fantastic. 4:15km pace seemed faster than it should. I wasn’t worried though. I have run enough fast races to know I would be alright on the day

It rained for 15 hrs. From 9am to 12 midnight and 50mm of rain fell in total. What is this crap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Don't do another RedB Joe and take over a month!!! :D

How's the body after it? Did you stay on for a few days over there?

Just realised I hadn't congratulated your cracking debut performance. Apologies and HUGE CONGRATS Joe. Seriously impressive debut! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Congratulations on the race, great performance. I'm looking forward to the full race report.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

That was a great read Joe, but I thought you could have provided just a little more detail on the race itself. ;)

Get the finger out obe one, where is the race report?

• Advertisement

Ok JB ok...

Part II

Sunday 30th Sept. Race Day

I didn’t sleep very well but I was down for breakfast at 6am. 1 Weetabix, some pasta, toast with jam, coffee. There were 15 or more athletes eating silently.
    Because of conditions bike racking was postponed till morning of the race. I arrived there before 7am, there were loads about. Then I was refused entry. I didn’t have the silly red wrist strap that allowed me into the transition area. I had race chip, bike numbered but they wouldn’t allow me through. I didn’t bother bringing it as the blasted thing kept falling off my wrist. Your bike could be without brakes, a wheel, but they wouldn’t allow you in without this. Feck.
    I didn’t panic. Another chap was also refused. He has 30 min drive back to his hotel. Poor buck. I had 1.5km to get back. No point getting excited.
    I was back again and bike racked by 7:30am.
    I was relaxed but quite. It was almost 30 years before (I am getting old) when I first seen TV footage of Gerard Hartman competing in the half iron Ireland championships in Sligo. It was my first memory of what I thought then was a super human being. Innocence is great.
    I then met the two ladies (Fran and Mike) and they looked tense.
    I got ready, lubed up ensured my transition bags were all sorted. A few pics then with the girls and then a dip in the sea to ensure the spare goggles were ok. The water felt good, conditions were favourable, it was exciting and then the pros were gone.

8:54:30 am
    Swim:

I was in the 2nd last wave, the most competitive;) I looked down at my HR - 77bpm. I felt good and I was ready. A quick tighten on my goggles and then the cannon blasted….
    It was a running start and I got going straight away. But the goggles were seeping in water almost immediately. FFS. I must have stopped 5-6 times in the next 7-10 mins to adjust and re adjust. Finally after we rounded the first buoy things started to settle down. The water wasn’t calm but not bad.
    My main focus now was to relax and get onto good feet. My training told me I had a 67-68 min in me if all went to plan. I’d find feet that seemed to be ok but then notice shortly after they weren’t taking the straightest line to next buoy. So that’s the way it progressed. I’d get onto feet for a while and move on.
    The first turn left at 1,650m was congested and we then took another left 100m further up to bring us back home. My split there was 33min even. Not bad but slightly off my target of 32. The trip back was ok, again same thing moving up the field never really finding good feet for long. Sea choppy in places. The next split was at the 3500m buoy – time 64:25. If I could maintain the pace a sub 70 min was on. I dug in, keeping pace with the swimmers around me. But the beach came so slowly. What was going on? Even during my crap swim on Fri the trip to the beach was over quicker than this. I finally exited water with 73:05 on my watch. At least it was less than 75 min which was my minimal target but long way off my main goal.
    HR was 140.

T1: 4:30
    This went smoothly enough. Removed Polar HR and almost forgot to replace it with the Garmin version.

Bike:
    I spotted the Irish flag before I seen the gang. They were positioned just after the bike mount area. That really lifted me.
    If the day was good I thought a 5:20 bike split might be manageable. But I was willing to sacrifice this target if the effort was getting harder i.e. raised heart rate. I was using the road wheels on the Blue Triad SP, I haven’t acquired fancy zipps 404 or 808’s but already I’ve been offered a pair for next time!
    The first few km were slow enough through the narrow streets of Calella. The route of 2.5 laps took us SE along the coast towards Barcelona. The first 10k and last 10k of each lap was where most climbing is done and even that wasn’t bad. It allowed you to get out of the aero position and stretch the body. The rest of route is level enough. It was just the breeze that might be of concern. There was a slight headwind on the way out and I gradually eased into the long ride. I was happy with my position on the bike, it felt great and the good distraction of overtaking loads on so many bikes names I never even heard of. I suppose that is the benefit of been in the last wave really. On the lap 1 turn point I kept watch for Mike and Fran but I spotted neither. Little did I know Fran was only a few mins ahead of me at any time
    The return on lap 1 (72k) felt great, HR was in low 130’s and avg speed at the end was 34.2kph. I just missed the gang at the turnaround, a pity but the ride was going well. I went through 90k in 2hr 40. The headwind has increased on the 2nd lap and with same effort my speed had reduced to 31-32kph.
    By end of the 2nd lap I seen the Irish flag on the roundabout and let out a good loud roar. Great, my spirits were sky high again. My avg speed had dropped to 33.7kph though.
    So with about 35k to go I was now getting into run mode. I had been watchful and careful of my nutrition and also taking sufficient water with my own electrolytes. But I only had 2 slashes on the bike. It had been sunny up to about 3.5hrs on the bike and temp around 24C.
    The quads just started to feel the ride in the last 25k but I still felt great. I felt way better than any of my long bikes in training. HR was rarely going over mid 140’s bpm but I did push the hills a bit.
    The final 3k into T2 was slow due to the narrow streets and I hit T2 in 5hr 20min. Bang on target.

Nutrition on bike:
    1 x ISO GEL at bike start
    5 x Powerbar Ride each hr after first 30 mins
    2 x Nutri grain
    2 x High 5 Energy Xtreme in 1.5l water (x 2) in first hr
    2.5 – 3l of water with High 5 Zero electrolytes with Caffeine

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/229620955

T2 – 4 mins approx
    Now T2 took more than the 0:49 according to the results. You can take away at least 3 min from the recorded marathon time as the mat was positioned before entrance to the transition tent instead of the exit.
    I changed my top to a white and green singlet with orange strip, but forgot to apply more Vaseline for the nipples. Yes they did bleed and it was noticeable into the race.

Run:
    The watch showed 6:43 when I started the run. I was well confident of a sub 10 then, even a sub 9:50 at a stretch. In truth the latter was my main goal. My target pace off the bike was 4:20-4:25 / km. I hit the first km in 4:23 but then sped up un-intentionally. My back was very stiff but I tried to focus on a steady even pace. I soon met Mike coming the other way – about 7k ahead of me. He was turning over ok but didn’t look very happy. I was looking out for Fran thinking he would be a good 10 mins ahead but a little before the turn at 5.25km Fran was coming the other way. He looked better than Mike but not overjoyed either. Pace avg to that point was 4:10/km HR low 150’s but nothing that really concerned me, though I knew I had a long way to go.
    I was soon along side Fran and we had a little chat. I was bursting for a slash and moved on and relieved my self close to a bush shortly after. I forced myself to slow down further on the return 5k. In the end the lap 1 went well.
    The temperature was about 21C but I was cooling myself down with water and sponges at each aid station. I had taken a gel at 7.5k, though perhaps I in retrospect this should have taken that 30 mins earlier. By the 2nd lap and 12.5km I decided to walk the aid stations not because I had but to just as a preventive measure. Those km’s slowed to 4:30 pace.
    Through the 14k mark and the watch said 1:01. Up to now the km’s passed by quickly and with 1/3 into the race all was good.
    I liked the 4 lap run set up. I would meet the lads twice on each lap. It was good to seen familiar faces. As I neared towards the end of lap 2 things started to deteriorate. I promised my self an extra minute walk at the aid station after half way. I dare not let the family see me walking. And so I walked for that extra minute. I was beginning to weaken and I tried to get some calories into me. And that did work. I would feel good soon after I started running again as the next aid station 2.5km away was the next target.
    I seen Mike now, he didn’t look good. I think I passed him soon after that didn’t register. As Fran and I met each other we would try and give a high 5.
    By 28k my watch read 2:04. Ok my last 1/3 of the race slowed a little. Only 14 k to go and still well inside sub 10. Surely I could find the energy to keep going? Then I thought I could manage a 1:06 to get inside a 3:10 marathon and still finish sub 9:55.
    I don’t remember much until I recall Fran saying with 8 k to go “Enjoy this Joe, remember enjoy this”. He was looking like a man possessed. Those words should have spurred me on but almost had the opposite effect. I started to shut down. My left quad felt heavy and sore.
    At this point in the race I was searching for positive distractions: the km marker, the next water station, the next group of cheering spectators, a good looking señorita …. Anything that would take my mind away from the worsening fatigue and give me motivation to continue pushing towards the finish where my loved ones would be.
    I hoped the marathon was short like almost every IM dot branded event. Even 600 or 700 m. But alas my calculation and the Garmin lap measurement told me it would unlikely to be.
    Then a medic bike pulled along side. He sees my blood spattered vest from my bloody nipples, and with-drawn features “are you ok?” I signal ok and follow a cute foreign iron lady. She was going nicely and with 5k to go and home word bound I was now there. There was no question I would not finish, there never was. Soon after 40k I see my watch passing 9:59 into 10:00. It was like something awoke inside me. All negative thoughts were thrown away and replaced with a fierce determination to achieve my goal at my next attempt of sub 10.
    The last 2k was good. I couldn’t wait to enter the finish area for the 4th and last time. In the narrow last 400m I overtook many, I wanted to be strong I wanted a good photo on my finish.
    As I ran down the carpet and rounded the last corner, I give it loads, arms up smiles as wide as ever. I heard the shouts of my mate’s better halves and then the loudest scream from Sarah. Like a beacon I see her immediately and spot Nicole my little girl who is waiting there on the finish straight. She had the Irish flag. I grab the flag, we run, she stops (looses her sandal!) We get going again but we have been overtaken by a Spanish dude who I’d overtaken a few seconds earlier. Nicole and I run the last 30 meters over the finish line, pictures spoiled but memories clear as crystal forever.
    I grab he, Nicole is in shock. I tell her something only a devoted Daddy would say.

Run time 3:25:02

Overall Time :10:08:09

After:
    I’m told then by a steward then to drop her back into the crown. We run down I manage to lift it to bro Shane , and I run back again over the finish again! I make my way to the recovery area and I gladly jump into a barrel of cool water for my aching legs. While this felt good initially when I get out I find myself worsening. My body temp has dropped and I am shivering. I can’t find a medic blanket. The food available doesn’t appeal to me; all I want is soup which I can’t locate. I grab something and a beer. Sit down but can’t stomach either. Thankfully I meet Fran soon and then Mike. The girls seem way better than me. Thankfully we meet Caz and Michelle and Caz helps to get warm me up. Fran finds my gear, good mates.
    Before I know it I‘m recovered. And back in a restaurant having a beer and replaying over our day’s efforts.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/229651484

What went wrong?
    Well it was definitely not “unfit” as one stupid comment alluded to in a post.
    I was certain I got my nutrition right on the bike. I have gone over the numbers and it seems I miscalculated my planned intake on the bike. I failed to top it up the at run start too. So a repeat of my failed sub 3 in Berlin 2008 when I just missed out on that too.

Final words:
    A million thanks to Sarah who has put up with the more than occasional grumpy me, she has been a fantastic support and a brilliant understanding.
    My two kiddie winkers. Their welcome after a 5-6hr bike ride was always something that I looked forward too after a long day in the saddle.

Next up:
    So I’m pacing Dublin marathon for those brave sub 3ers. Then I’ll take 2 weeks off for catch up with mates and family and friends. Get back and tick over till early Jan before preparation for Boston marathon in April. All focus will then be on a Challenge ironman in August either Copenhagen or Vichy where justification will be done

Done for now

You are some man Obe One, cracking result for your first IM. Not the result you had hoped for but it was not for the lack of trying. Every time we passed each other on the run you had a look of someone with steely determination and drive. Sure it showed how much you pushed yourself in the race with the state you left yourself in after crossing the line:)
    There will have been lots learnt not only in race day itself but the training leading up to it which i have no doubt you will change and adapt to get more out of yourself.

Not bad for an OAP;) and you showed up us two ladies over there:) Looking forward to Boston and further IM exploits next year. See you at DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Brilliant Joe. I'm sure sub 10 and more will come in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

We done Joe concentrate on recovery and getting that garden finished - I'll still let you have a few beers from the cellar ;)

Edit: Gotta love boards targeted advertising, after reading your race report about Senoritas and Sarah I have ads following me around about singles in my area and that Sarah is only 4 miles away ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Great read Joe- very honest account of your race. There's no doubt you were fit for well under 10 hrs, you'll bring good experience to your next attempt, and will blitz it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Great read Joe- very honest account of your race. There's no doubt you were fit for well under 10 hrs, you'll bring good experience to your next attempt, and will blitz it.

+1 to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Great stuff joe, well done. What's your marathon PB again? Just crunching the numbers here at the moment ;) See you in Dublin for your 60th. I might even organise an old granny stripper for you :)

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    We done Joe concentrate on recovery and getting that garden finished - I'll still let you have a few beers from the cellar ;)

I don't believe in lying around. All the hard work finished now, 4 hrs Wed, 5hrs Sat and 4hrs Sun. Had to make hay and all that. Sat was tough though.
    Recieved a nice present of 20 craft beers this evening. Might take a photo of them for ya
    Kurt Godel wrote: »

Thanks KG. Already acquired a new wet suit (someone doesn't know yet). Great offer, couldn't refuse it. Wish I had it 8 days ago.
    Even with it I'm sure I still won't keep up with you around the boats
    TRR wrote: »
    Great stuff joe, well done. What's your marathon PB again? Just crunching the numbers here at the moment ;) See you in Dublin for your 60th. I might even organise an old granny stripper for you :)

I'd say you have those numbers well checked now, fecker. If you can beat it at 40 then I'll give you kudos:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Great report Joe and delighted to see you will be going at it again next year - I thought it might be a one off attempt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Abhainn wrote: »

I'd say you have those numbers well checked now, fecker. If you can beat it at 40 then I'll give you kudos:)

You always have a good rebuttal :)

• Advertisement

catweazle wrote: »
    Great report Joe and delighted to see you will be going at it again next year - I thought it might be a one off attempt!

Cheers CW. The intention was always to do more than 1.
    Hopefully we'll meet again for the annual instalement of the Humbert;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

That was one fit report! ;) And well done on the day! Sub 10 will be no trouble to you in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Abhainn wrote: »
    Challenge Barcelona - part 1

- Recap on race training

Running:

I didn’t see much point in tempo / interval runs. My IM pace for the day would be no quicker than 4:15 / km. Anyway 95% of my training mileage was quicker than this.

I wanted to hold off on asking this question until your race report was up. I don't want to take the gloss off what was an excellent result, but you hardly did no tempo runs or interval work when you ran 2.36 in a straight marathon, did you?
    Obviously the IM marathon is slightly different, but why did you feel there was no need to never train at a faster pace than you intended running on the day?

zico10 wrote: »
    I wanted to hold off on asking this question until your race report was up. I don't want to take the gloss off what was an excellent result, but you hardly did no tempo runs or interval work when you ran 2.36 in a straight marathon, did you?
    Obviously the IM marathon is slightly different, but why did you feel there was no need to never train at a faster pace than you intended running on the day?

Hello Zico10, firstly best of luck in Phuket. I’ve be keeping a keen eye on your log.

Firstly I did the usual interval, marathon pace work for London

For the IM run I felt that my legs retained enough speed from London and some races after that to get me through. I didn’t see much purpose in trying to improve on building up speed
    As I mentioned my IM goal pace was 04:20-04-25 /km. Even my easy runs were faster than IM pace. Majority of my runs were in 04:00 to 04-10 / km range and long runs were in 04:10-15.
    However saying that, few sessions went much into the anaerobic zone.

In the back of my mind I was a little concerned about lack of sustained effort at higher HR levels though.
    In truth I believed I had enough run work done and wanted to bring on bike and swim effort.
    Ok some may say I should have had the ability to go well sub 3 (winner has 2:34 best and went 2:50). Been my first long triathlon I wanted to be realistic as I never raced beyond 5hrs before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

On your first IM the bike would have stripped more from you than the PRO winner. I've no doubt you will close the gap on the spread between straight 42.2 and 42.2 off the bike in future. You still did a fantastic race for a first shot. Good report too thanks for that

I've been away from this log for a while. It was intentional. After my pacing duties in Dublin I took my annual 2 weeks off any activity.
    However a non sports related back injury 2 days before the DM then deteriorated badly in the days after. So my 2 weeks rest were rather painful and uncomfortable

Now while not 100% yet my 2013 preparation has already begun. I have received a few comments in the last weeks about how better I look. That can only mean one thing and the scales don't lie.

Below are results from all my races from Dec 2012 - date.
    The year gone was almost as good as I had hoped for.
    I can be very satisfied with almost every race result in the lead up to the 2 main races of the year - London Marathon & Challenge Barcelona. While the former was a truly an unforgettable experience the latter I am still quite annoyed with myself.

My intentions are not to continue with the log. Life is getting busier. But I hope that I can progress further in 2013, hope that I can manage another PB or 2 by tweaking the process I am familiar with. I wouldn't be doing this unless I believe I can do better than what I have achieved before.
    Perhaps I may meet some of you at the following events.

Dec 6th - Club Handicap 5k Road
    Dec 16th - Senior County Championship
    Dec 26th - Streets of Wicklow 5k
    Jan early - Masters XC County Championship
    Jan 27th - Dungarvan 10 mile
    Feb mid - 10k Enniscorthy
    March 3rd - Kinvara Half Marathon
    March 24th - Wicklow Half Marathon
    April early - 5K county Road race
    April 15th - Boston Marathon
    May - TBA
    June - Athlone Half (If Copenhagen)
    June - Dunshaughlin 10k Road Race
    July - Humbert Challenge (If Vichy)
    Aug 18th - Challenge Copenhagen or /
    Sept 1st - Challenge Vichy -
    Oct 28th - Dublin Marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Have enjoyed following the log abhainn. Good luck in 2013 and congrats on a super 2012

Impressive reading Joe. Lots of PBs on there. :cool:

Sorry to hear you're wrapping up the log. Best of luck for next year! When will you decide between Copenhagen and Vichy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Hopefully will see you at the Humbert - they have moved it forward by a week to July 14th to not clash with the National Aquathon championship, so it probably will suit you a little better no matter which Iron Distance you go for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Pity about wrapping things up, this is one impressive log. Life has to take precedence though.

Good luck with that 2013 calendar. I hope to still tow you around Wicklow harbour next year;), they were the standout training swims this year.

Advertisement