Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising the bar a little...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

02:56:33 second lap- not ideal, but a lot less time added than others are putting on the second lap. He made up about 60 places this lap.

123rd setting off on the run... needs a 2:58 marathon to finish under 10... tall order, but who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭griffin100

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    123rd setting off on the run... needs a 2:58 marathon to finish under 10... tall order, but who knows?

No better man!!!!!

47:59 for the first run lap (of four). 99th place now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Keep the updates coming please. Go Joe!

• Advertisement

00:49:24 second run lap, up to 83rd place.

Conditions must have decimated the times out there today. The first three home in 8:34, 8:43, 8:45 (with runs 2:57, 3:00, 3:05)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Conditions must have decimated the times out there today. The first three home in 8:34, 8:43, 8:45 (with runs 2:57, 3:00, 3:05)

Conditions seem bad but no real pros in the line up. Any further update on Joe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

On last lap since 9:30 on the clock. Keep pushing Joe!

Edit: 10:24 finish. 56th overall. Ran over the line smiling with his kids. Well done Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

That's the way to finish, well done Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Fantastic stuff.

That's going to make a great photo! Brilliant stuff Joe, well done on a fantastic race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭griffin100

Great time and result overall. Well done Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Well done Joe, that's a great time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Super congrats, Joe!! Whoop whoop....woo hoo....and way to finish in style!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Cheers all for kind wishes guys

Not the time I was looking for but I am proud what I did out there today

Swim ok hah hoped for a couple of mins quicker.
    Transitions slow, had to put on many layers
    Conditions on the bike were desperate. heavy rain, very windy lap one. Winds then picked up further on lap 2 and shifted 180degress. Last 18k were soul destroying. Winds now head on and torrential rain. To make matters worse the bike was almost 184k and very technical. When I mean technical many 90 degree turns with paths only 1.5m wide:mad:. Loads of punctures too

I really enjoyed the run, took it steady. Excellent course though many turns but really enjoyed it till 37k. About 43k too.

Not off for a Chinese and a couple of beers,:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Enjoy the stonkingly deserved chinese and beers. Figured you wouldn't be entirely happy with the time, but you can't account for conditions like that. Times go out the window and you gotta focus on your finishing place. The way you moved up the rankings over the course of the race speaks volumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Enjoy the stonkingly deserved chinese and beers. Figured you wouldn't be entirely happy with the time, but you can't account for conditions like that. Times go out the window and you gotta focus on your finishing place. The way you moved up the rankings over the course of the race speaks volumes.

+1....totally agree with Krusty. 56th overall is nothing to sneeze about - damn fine finish and result. That sub 10 is yours...this is just a little foreplay to make it incrementally sweeter when you nab it. ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Great stuff joe, super result and a nice time considering the conditions. Talk soon

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Man from Sligo. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

Well done, great result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Well done Joe - figured you would disappointed with not getting under 10 but you are in the lap of the weather gods every time you head out.

55th overall is a big sign you went very well though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭jaymack75

Great performance joe - you definitely should be proud of this result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Terrific performance. Well done Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Congrats Abhainn, Great result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Abhainn wrote: »
    Cheers all for kind wishes guys

Not the time I was looking for but I am proud what I did out there today

Swim ok hah hoped for a couple of mins quicker.
    Transitions slow, had to put on many layers
    Conditions on the bike were desperate. heavy rain, very windy lap one. Winds then picked up further on lap 2 and shifted 180degress. Last 18k were soul destroying. Winds now head on and torrential rain. To make matters worse the bike was almost 184k and very technical. When I mean technical many 90 degree turns with paths only 1.5m wide:mad:. Loads of punctures too

I really enjoyed the run, took it steady. Excellent course though many turns but really enjoyed it till 37k. About 43k too.

Not off for a Chinese and a couple of beers,:)

Conditions looked tough in the video clips, but you seemed in good form at least. Well done and talk during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bambaata

COngrats Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Fair play Joe. Brutal conditions. Hope you enjoyed the post race festivities. Congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Great stuf Joe - every picture, you've a big smile on your face!

I trust you chucked KGs "aero" wheels straight into the North Sea, having cost you the sub-10?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Izoard wrote: »
    Great stuf Joe - every picture, you've a big smile on your face!

I trust you chucked KGs "aero" wheels straight into the North Sea, having cost you the sub-10?:)

Those wheels have done a 5:03 IM split I'll have you know...;) and a sub60 40kmTT :P

Advertisement