Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1992 Astra head gasket

• 13-01-2010 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi All, my old 1992 Vauxhall Astra needs the head gasket to be replaced.
    Any idea of costs and recommendations for scrap dealers in the Limerick region.
    Thanks

Comments

If it's just the headgasket and it hasn't overheated you may get it done for €300, lot of cash to be putting into a car worth very very little. May be best to replace the car if that's an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Thanks James, I suppose I'll way up what the cost will be before I make a decision to get rid of it.
    In fairness I bought if for a song (when my last car was stolen) and it was only suppossed to keep me going until I got something else but it's a great old car so if it can be salvaged and goes for another while I'll stick with it.

If she is sound otherwise and has good tyres etc getting her sorted may be a financially shrewd move :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try ringing/calling into a few local garages and see what they say and if they can source it for you.

Advertisement