Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8000k HID question

• 13-01-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Sorry folks yet another HID question ..
    Have posted on another HID thread, have found a company that supply and fit, the kit looks good and im assured there are no issues with NCT.

BUT....

They only supply them in 8000k - I'm looking for an OEM look and not the usual blue ****£ !
    They claim it is White !! Would a 55w ballast make them burn brighter ?

So anyone running 8000k ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I had 8000k ones before and they were way too blue for me so got rid of them. They made me feel drowsy at night when driving long distances too because of the blue tint off them.

4300k ones are the only ones I would get tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

as hi_im_fil says stay away from the highrt values that give you that blue look, I think they look terrible

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ive 6000K. Now they are in projectors, so the light looks alot better. Doesnt look like the weird purpley colour. They look OEM. How much are they charging you for fitting? Its really a straight forward job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yep, 6k is as blue as you should go. I had 8k on my old car, looked good on a blue car.
    ftofront1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

draffodx wrote: »
    as hi_im_fil says stay away from the highrt values that give you that blue look, I think they look terrible

Yep my thoughts too on Reading up on it ..

@ antodeco €160 supply and fit

• Advertisement

homer90 wrote: »
    Yep my thoughts too on Reading up on it ..

@ antodeco €160 supply and fit

How much just for supply? What sort of bulbs/lamps are on the car at the moment? Where you based?

These were my old 8000K ones:

500306117a6862159271l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

antodeco wrote: »
    How much just for supply? What sort of bulbs/lamps are on the car at the moment? Where you based?
    [/IMG]

Heres the link :
    (Not sure €€€ for supply only)

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/37/50408437.html

going on a passat (H7 Projectors)

Cheers for the input guys !!

Based in dublin - so might look into an over the counter job and fit myself !!

I bought a set on ebay and fitted them myself. Took around 15 minutes. If you are around the area, Im sure I could give you a hand fitting them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I doubt the ones MDS are selling are any better than the €50 ebay ones.

Based on the picture, they are the exact same. My last set were the same ones he has advertised. They lasted me 12 months 3 days. The warranty ended on the 12 month!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i had 12000k on my old Evo 5 for a while :eek: looked great but swapped them for 6000k as soon as i could! got the kit for free so couldnt say no at the start!

6000k is the highest i would go tbh or 4300k....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

kceire wrote: »
    i had 12000k on my old Evo 5 for a while :eek: looked great but swapped them for 6000k as soon as i could! got the kit for free so couldnt say no at the start!

6000k is the highest i would go tbh or 4300k....
    To change from 8000K to 4300K, does the whole kit need to be changed or just the lamp?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    To change from 8000K to 4300K, does the whole kit need to be changed or just the lamp?

once you have the HID kit installed its just a matter of changing the bulbs! you just determine what bulbs your kit uses and then get the different colour temp in that model for example D2S type and away you go!

just plug and play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

kceire wrote: »
    once you have the HID kit installed its just a matter of changing the bulbs! you just determine what bulbs your kit uses and then get the different colour temp in that model for example D2S type and away you go!

just plug and play.
    Riiiiight...I hear that it's very difficult to get the HID's to work with the Euro Spec Teg but I would love em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Riiiiight...I hear that it's very difficult to get the HID's to work with the Euro Spec Teg but I would love em!

they'll work but the scatter pattern will be a mess, although some people over on itr-dc2.co.uk have done it and reckon after some effort they have them set up so as they at least dont blind other road users

Advertisement