Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap USA calls

• 13-01-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I need to make a fair amouynf of US calls this afternoon. I was hoping to use on of those access numbers. You know the one where you dial a cheap(ish) number here and then enter your international number and bypass the expensive rate.

Anyway, can anyone recommned the cheapest way of doing this. I'm on the meteor network bty.
    P.s. I also have access to a vodafone bill bay phone.

Thanks
    Corglass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

if both parties have access to a wifi enabled phone and can run skype, you can call each other for free provided you both have skype ID's.

my wife is on holiday in america right now and has an iphone with skype, i have a nokia 5800 with skype also. provided we're both in wifi areas we talk for free, and its as clear as a bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

corglass wrote: »
    Hi there,

I need to make a fair amouynf of US calls this afternoon. I was hoping to use on of those access numbers. You know the one where you dial a cheap(ish) number here and then enter your international number and bypass the expensive rate.

Anyway, can anyone recommned the cheapest way of doing this. I'm on the meteor network bty.
    P.s. I also have access to a vodafone bill bay phone.

Thanks
    Corglass

if you have free landline calls then look into smscall.ie, talkxtra.ie. the call is really cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

thanks everyone who replied. Some really useful info there.

Advertisement