Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Root Beer

Options
  • 13-01-2010 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Does anyone know where to find Root Beer in Galway City? Haven't seen it anywhere and would really like to find some.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

nochalito wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to find Root Beer in Galway City? Haven't seen it anywhere and would really like to find some.

Enda's on Prospect Hill (up the hill from Gala Express) have Jones Root Beer. But I buy my Root Beer of off www.yankeesoda.co.uk. It's dirt cheap and since they're based in Belfast if you order before 3pm, they'll deliver to you by DHL the next morning. It's £18-ish for 24 cans of either A&W or Barq's and about £6 shipping. But the shipping fee is up to 25kg or something, so you can order shed loads of American candy for the same shipping fee.

I got 24 cans of A&W over the summer and got 24 cans of Barq's for Chrimbo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Scottys sell it for nearly 4 euro a can!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think I saw some in Tesco, or was it Ginger Ale?
    Try the exotic shops, I heard one of them have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 nochalito

Thanks for the responses. I will try Enda's first. Might give yankeesoda a try if that doesn't work out. They are sold out of A&W right now and I am not a huge fan of Barq's.

nochalito wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. I will try Enda's first. Might give yankeesoda a try if that doesn't work out. They are sold out of A&W right now and I am not a huge fan of Barq's.

Yeah, I found A&W too sweet, so I was drinking Barq's all the time in the US over the past three summers. But when I bought Barq's for myself, I found it really cinnamony... I think I'll get A&W again next time I buy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

African shop at the top of Prospect hill next to the Post office and Shannon dry cleaners has AW Root beer in big bottles, think he charges about €3 a bottle for it though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I used this site before Christmas to buy root beer and other stuff ( americanfood4u.de )

The root beer is the same price as yankee soda. Shipping is €14,90 tho you can order as much stuff as you want for that price :pac:

Im gonna order some "Bottleworks - Natural Black Cherry" from yankee soda now that I see it :D

CC

CombatCow wrote: »
    I used this site before Christmas to buy root beer and other stuff ( americanfood4u.de )

The root beer is the same price as yankee soda. Shipping is €14,90 tho you can order as much stuff as you want for that price :pac:

Im gonna order some "Bottleworks - Natural Black Cherry" from yankee soda now that I see it :D

CC

You mean Boylan Bottleworks? That's the nicest root beer I've ever had. Had it in Philly and Brooklyn :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I also get my rootbeer fix from Yankee soda. To me the stuff is as addictive as smack!

You mean Boylan Bottleworks? That's the nicest root beer I've ever had. Had it in Philly and Brooklyn :)

Yeah, i'll try their root beer next time, I still have 12+ cans of the A&W to get through. Looking forward to the cherry soda tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Just got my order from yankeesoda, fast delivery and great packaging. Here's a 10% discount code for orders over £15 "C2611"

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 nochalito

Found A&W at Ivory Market on Prospect Hill for 1.20 a can. Not too bad. Again, thanks for all the suggestions.

Advertisement