Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Reading FA Cup (mod warning @ post 622)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

noodler wrote: »
    Just as a question? Would it have been okay if I had gone into the utd thread after the Brum game and just posted "LOL", "hahahahh", etc as single comments?

This is not the Liverpool thread though, it is a match thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Longford would have beaten Liverpool tonight. They have no shape whatsoever. No width nothing up front nothing in the middle when they loose Torres and Gerrard who are both far from full fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

Gutted...got to think that may be the straw to break the camel's back as far as Benitez. Torres and Gerrard to leave at end of season too perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Watching ITV? If he says SEAN Long one more time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Would it have been okay if I had gone into the utd thread after the Brum game and just posted "LOL", "hahahahh", etc as single comments?

You would have got into the queue behind Bandit12, bayviewclose et. al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

PHB wrote: »
    Well done Reading, can't say they didn't earn that win.

Liverpool however were shocking. Both, United and Liverpool going out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round, I wonder if that's ever seen happened before, let alone when it last happened.

1959 i think the commentator said

Reading deserved it in fairness

Liverpool awful again, lot of players out there with no passion tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Enjoyable game, Reading deserved their win, should have had at least another goal.

Can't blame the pool fans for booing, that was a atrocious performance, the defending in particular was abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No excuses tonight nor should there be.

Those Reading lads, to a man, are heroes for their fans tonight. They have come to Anfield and they were worth their win. Well done Reading and I hope you lot get a good long run in this cup.

As for my own team; well the results that have defined this season continue. Tonight we lost to the better team, but when that team is from a lower division, questions have to be asked about our quality both on and off of the pitch, and our manager's lack of tactics have also to be questioned yet again.

People will talk about us being able to string a run of wins together when we need to, people will spout off the nugget "Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent", but the same old talk has been spouted since September both by the players and the manager with no effect.

Come the summer I reckon a Bob Dylan song will be our soundtrack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahaha your sad

Indeed, good result and well deserved for them they worked hard and with our two most influential players gone off and Benny choosing this one to have as his off game, were definitely struggled.

I'm too angry to post about our performance tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ardent wrote: »
    Booing at Anfield?? Is Benitez finally losing the support of the home fans..?

Certainly seems that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

spockety wrote: »
    If Liverpool sack Rafa you will get to see how different it might be alright.

If you're an opposition fan, I wouldn't be too worried mind you, you'd be delighted with what you see.

typical liverpool fan,when are you guys gonna relaise benitez is a clueless manager?

OPENROAD wrote: »
    This is not the Liverpool thread though, it is a match thread

The Utd-Brum match thread then?

I just want to know how much further the board has deteriorated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Rofl benitez yet again counts his chickens before they hatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Utd and now Liverpool gone its wide open really, but the cup has lost the appeal over the past few years.

Now cue Utd fans slagging Liverpool fans, try to remember the Leeds game before you starts cheering Reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Happy for Long, he is a good lad by all accounts.

Well done Reading. Could have got 4 or 5 for a finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

No way was that a penalty. Happened outside the area. Outrageous decision.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

bye bye...!

* note to self, never bet on pool again.

2 mins of et in et, even saf would be proud of that/.

Oh I have learned that lesson , Lumped on them when they were 1-0 down against Reading in the first match thinking that they would power home .

The Utd-Brum match thread then?

I just want to know how much further the board has deteriorated.

I've seen utd/liverpool fans do it in Arsenal match threads. It is a match thtread, not everyone will be up for Liverpool you know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Im nearly sure it was inside and it was a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Villain wrote: »
    Utd and now Liverpool gone its wide open really, but the cup has lost the appeal over the past few years.

Tell that to the fans of Reading tonight and any other lower league side who beat a big club.

Havant and Waterlooville comes to mind. I know they didn't beat Liverpool but to score twice at Anfield is a fantastic achievement for such a small club and is great for their local community.

typical liverpool fan,when are you guys gonna relaise benitez is a clueless manager?

Stupid comment, Rafa may not be the man to bring Liverpool back to where us fans want the club to be, but he is far from being a clueless manager. His record with us and Valencia proves that he is a good manager, one that needs, in my opinion, a different club to prove his quality.

CHD wrote: »
    hahahahahaha your sad

haha you're illiterate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I am sick of this shit. Something has to be done. New manager? New defense? New strikers? I don't know. They can't hold on to a lead against a team fighting to stay in the championship. They can't score. Week-in, week-out they have been useless with the odd exception. Its actually depressing watching them play now. Another season without a trophy and i can't see them finishing fourth. The way the team is at the moment i don't know why Torres, Masc, Gerrard etc would want to stay. Theres no commitment or passion in the players. I don't know....

and the excuses begin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Reading just wanted it more it seems

it was a great performance from them and delighted to see long score the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

first time I have ever agreed with booing .........players were disgraceful tonight and completely deserved it. Only Liverpool player that had even a hint of a good game was Aquilani. Fell away at the end through lack of fitness though.

Fair play reading, thoroughly deserved. Hope you's go far in the competition.

Sad sad day for Liverpool.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

in shane longs own words "he cought my ankle and I went down"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

kryogen wrote: »
    and the excuses begin

I think you'll find your talking boll0x. Most pool fans have said pool were $hit and reading deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Just as a question? Would it have been okay if I had gone into the utd thread after the Brum game and just posted "LOL", "hahahahh", etc as single comments?

Jesus f*cking Christ. It's a f*cking game. Is there something wrong with getting a bit of enjoyment out of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Kess73 wrote: »
    No excuses tonight nor should there be.

Those Reading lads, to a man, are heroes for their fans tonight. They have come to Anfield and they were worth their win. Well done Reading and I hope you lot get a good long run in this cup.

As for my own team; well the results that have defined this season continue. Tonight we lost to the better team, but when that team is from a lower division, questions have to be asked about our quality both on and off of the pitch, and our manager's lack of tactics have also to be questioned yet again.

People will talk about us being able to string a run of wins together when we need to, people will spout off the nugget "Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent", but the same old talk has been spouted since September both by the players and the manager with no effect.

Come the summer I reckon a Bob Dylan song will be our soundtrack.

I only know one Bob Dylan tune. Is Alex Higgins going to take over from Rafa ?

We didn't look good at all tonight, and it's noticeable our goal came with a slice of luck involved. We were ahead when Gerrard left the pitch and if you look at what was left, bar Carragher, Benitez signed everyone of those players who weren't good enough to beat a poor Championship side.

kryogen wrote: »
    and the excuses begin
    We were bad. But wasnt a penalty. Look at it again. Foul happened outside the box. Will say Long took second goal very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It was a foul, sure he went down easy but he was fouled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Peno, peno, peno, handball, handball...

*Yawn*

We were bad. But wasnt a penalty. Look at it again. Foul happened outside the box. Will say Long took second goal very well

It was a clear, stonewall penalty.

As an ex Gooner well done Brian McDermott, came across very well in the interview there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Backed a draw at half time, delighted with the result. whos was the player who made that class run in the second half, no audio on my stream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

haha you're illiterate
    At least I'm not you.

Well bye bye Liverpool. Along with MAN UNITED who LOST to LEEDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Brilliant header by Shane there, he knows a few lads I'm friendly with and is a sound lad apparently, had them all over to Reading last season and put them all up for the night, took them out on the town, no expense spared and footed the entire bill himself.

Class act, delighted for him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The initial contact happened inside the box.

Clear peno.

Although I thought Liverpool should have got one at the end of extra time when Aqualanni was being blatantly held.

• Advertisement

You would have got into the queue behind Bandit12, bayviewclose et. al
    Not my style really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Backed a draw at half time, delighted with the result. whos was the player who made that class run in the second half, no audio on my stream.
    McEnuff. Can't believe he didn't score. Would have topped Giggs v Arsenal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Villain wrote: »
    Now cue Utd fans slagging Liverpool fans, try to remember the Leeds game before you starts cheering Reading
    I'm sure there were plenty of Liverpool fans in that thread slagging United.

Its part of the fun really. Keep it in good humour, and i dont see the harm. If you can't handle seeing a few people being happy that Liverpool were knocked out of the cup by a team that really shouldnt have won, then you are taking it way too seriously.

Stupid comment, Rafa may not be the man to bring Liverpool back to where us fans want the club to be, but he is far from being a clueless manager. His record with us and Valencia proves that he is a good manager, one that needs, in my opinion, a different club to prove his quality.

He has actually never achieved a whole lot with a team he has built himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

redzerdrog wrote: »
    in shane longs own words "he cought my ankle and I went down"

Mhmm, sure.

OR;
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    in shane longs own words "he caught my ankle and I went down"

Selective amnesia or something similar?

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    I only know one Bob Dylan tune. Is Alex Higgins going to take over from Rafa ?

We didn't look good at all tonight, and it's noticeable our goal came with a slice of luck involved. We were ahead when Gerrard left the pitch and if you look at what was left, bar Carragher, Benitez signed everyone of those players who weren't good enough to beat a poor Championship side.

No it is not the Hurricane, my favourite Dylan song btw not that I am a big fan of his.

The song that I was thinking of as the soundtrack for the summer is
    The Times They Are A-Changin'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Fair play to Reading :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Stoke said they will not fear Liverpool at the weekend. At this rate, we'll fear them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

i take it thats a dig at the board and how if he had more money he would achieve success,well reading didnt have anything near rafa did last summer,and that goes for birmingham villa all who are ahead in the league.

wenger has been working under a tighter budget for years at arsenal,and look at the difference,rafa has bought bad players,pennant keane,lucas babel,the list goes on.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I've seen utd/liverpool fans do it in Arsenal match threads. It is a match thtread, not everyone will be up for Liverpool you know ;)

You can't see it then?

The difference between being up for the opposition team and coming into a match thread just to rile up the Liverpool fans?

The difference between a "yes!" and a "hahahahaha"?

You can't be that dense. You wouldn't do it in a pub to Liverpool fans you don't know - just more hiding behind the internet.

Advertisement