Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Reading FA Cup (mod warning @ post 622)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We were bad. But wasnt a penalty. Look at it again. Foul happened outside the box. Will say Long took second goal very well

Happened inside , he landed outside the box , BUT was kicked inside the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Kess73 wrote: »
    No it is not the Hurricane, my favourite Dylan song btw not that I am a big fan of his.

The song that I was thinking of as the soundtrack for the summer is
    The Times They Are A-Changin'

Should really be Dust in the Wind by the Scorpions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

kryogen wrote: »
    He has actually never achieved a whole lot with a team he has built himself

Not a good way to judge a manager to be fair. Jose left a title winning team behind him at Chelsea. I have not seen anyone win the title with that quality squad since.

Whether he built the teams that won silverware or not, he was still the man to lead those teams to that silverware.

This fcuking season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

oh i forgot
    fair play to reading by far the better team over the two legs and the best team went through.
    lfc are as low as i have seen cant compete on or off te pitch opposing teams love coming to anfield now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

No it is not the Hurricane, my favourite Dylan song btw not that I am a big fan of his.

I need to work on my humour ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If they played in pen incident i full speed you would see the ball break and Yossi going to clear it but Long getting there before him, 50/50 if it happened outside it would never have happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rafa on now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

Not a good way to judge a manager to be fair. Jose left a title winning team behind him at Chelsea. I have not seen anyone win the title with that quality squad since.

Whether he built the teams that won silverware or not, he was still the man to lead those teams to that silverware.

how is it not a good way to judge a manager???????//

he bought the players that are pants:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Rafa spouting same old lines now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

that utv reporter pushing it.

i take it thats a dig at the board and how if he had more money he would achieve success,well reading didnt have anything near rafa did last summer,and that goes for birmingham villa all who are ahead in the league.

wenger has been working under a tighter budget for years at arsenal,and look at the difference,rafa has bought bad players,pennant keane,lucas babel,the list goes on.

No it was not a dig at the board, if I wanted to say something about the board I would have done so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Safe to say you lads wont be doing the analysis over on UTV tonight ;)
    They had their chance. Tell you what. If Reading get through this I wont post for a full day. :D
    Thats right they'll be busy deciding what to do with there winnings:pac:

2-1 Home win but I think it'll go to extra time

Stick to your promise now bayviewclose.

everdead.ie, just in case your wondering, I'll be on the lash friday with my winnings.

8/1 was great odds, well worth the tenner.

I don't usually gloat but........

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Or maybe "Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)"?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Fuhrer wrote: »
    You're fake outrage would be more believable if you bothered to wade in when the Liverpool troll brigade get in full swing in nearly every United thread.

The funniest thing in this thread, I think, is that you have just corrected somebody else for making this same mistake :rolleyes:

There's the level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Should really be Dust in the Wind by the Scorpions

"Going Nowhere" by Neil Sedaka is most apt.

Rafa loks an utterly utterly defeated man in that interview. Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Rafa sounds like he's knows he's a gonner. He's not answering any of questions. Dead man walking

Rafa looks in bits.

Our squad ain't good enough this season. Simple as.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have a pain in my hole dealing with trolls on this thread,any more after this post and it will be a ban plus a yellow.

Dub13

That reporter has some neck. Rafa comes out to give an interview and he has to put up with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Columbia wrote: »
    Best team on the night won. Aquilani again showing that he's not worth £20m, although the fans have themselves to blame for that one, with the amount of pressure they heaped on him while he was trying to return from injury.

Dead chuffed :D

Seriously, what in God's name are you talking about??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

noodler wrote: »
    You can't see it then?

The difference between being up for the opposition team and coming into a match thread just to rile up the Liverpool fans?

The difference between a "yes!" and a "hahahahaha"?

You can't be that dense. You wouldn't do it in a pub to Liverpool fans you don't know - just more hiding behind the internet.

If someone deliberately comes in just on a wind up, then yes fair enough but as I have said it has happened before in other match threads including Arsenal threads I'm sure if Arsenal get knocked out by a championship teams you will have supporters coming in saying "ha ha ha" but I wouldn't rise to it.

Anyway I know you are upset, we have all been there, so I will leave it at that :-)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

jesus, what a result. poor performance all round, although creativity in second half was a fair bit better, just no cutting edge. Probably not undeserved for Reading.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

" we have to be confident we can improve"
    We cannot get any worse!!!!!!

deisedevil wrote: »
    Stick to your promise now bayviewclose.

everdead.ie, just in case your wondering, I'll be on the lash friday with my winnings.

8/1 was great odds, well worth the tenner.

I don't usually gloat but........

:D
    I will. No posting on soccer boards for two days. thats what i said.

God this is a cringeworthy interview by Rafa. Christ above man just admit that the better team won, and stop your "it depends on your point of view" sh*t when asked if Reading were the better team on the night.

The interviews this season could easily be swapped with the interviews Ged gave in his final season. He is doing himself no favours with these interviews where he is trying to be smart and coming across very badly instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

That reporter has some neck. Rafa comes out to give an interview and he has to put up with that.

You're right, a reporter asking a manager questions, disgrace.

No it was not a dig at the board, if I wanted to say something about the board I would have done so.

well explain your comment on how rafa would do well at another club?

Ahh well more weekends off to fight for 4th :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I thought you weren't posting for two days.

Rafa does give some strange interviews, he must of mentioned "too many things to talk about" 5 times. Just get to the point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I will. No posting on soccer boards for two days. thats what i said.

Lol. Ah I was only messin, post away man, your gonna need somewhere to vent after that!

Fuhrer wrote: »
    You're fake outrage would be more believable if you bothered to wade in when the Liverpool troll brigade get in full swing in nearly every United thread.
    I have never trolled on any United thread fuhrer. And you implied it a few posts back.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I have a pain in my hole dealing with trolls on this thread,any more after this post and it will be a ban plus a yellow.

Dub13

Funnily enough the ones that are most guilty of doing so in a blatant manner in this thread are ones who complain the most about trolling in other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

monkey9 wrote: »
    Seriously, what in God's name are you talking about??

Im talking about the banners Liverpool fans had all over Anfield calling him the club's saviour, and making references to the Second Coming, before he had even kicked a ball. I reckon he'll turn out to be a good player for Liverpool, but it's going be next season at the very earliest. To think that he was going to come in and suddenly turn the club around is completely ludicrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

wenger has been working under a tighter budget for years at arsenal,and look at the difference,rafa has bought bad players,pennant keane,lucas babel,the list goes on.

yeah look at the difference, no trophies either in 4 years, finished behind liverpool in the league in what 4 out of the last 5 seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

thats part and parcel of the job he is the manager of a title aspiring team that is out of the league and europe before xmas,knocked out of the league by arsenals kids and knocked out of the fa cup at home to a relagation threatened championship side i think the reporter was within his rights

deisedevil wrote: »
    Lol. Ah I was only messin, post away man, your gonna need somewhere to vent after that!
    Maybe a few days off will do me good though. Effective from nine tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

What do you expect him to do, put his arm around him and say "there there Rafa, it'll all be ok"?

Well done Reading, they deserved that result. Liverpool were appalling though, and unless someone starts to show some fighting spirit this season will get a hell of a lot worse.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah look at the difference, no trophies either in 4 years, finished behind liverpool in the league in what 4 out of the last 5 seasons

3 pl titles working on a budget not near rafa.

at least arsnela are showing improvement liverpool are going backwards quickly.

What do you expect him to do, put his arm around him and say "there there Rafa, it'll all be ok"?

Well done Reading, they deserved that result. Liverpool were appalling though, and unless someone starts to show some fighting spirit this season will get a hell of a lot worse.
    No but his questioning was a bit aggresive thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

No but his questioning was a bit aggresive thought.

For those who didn't see, what was the line of questioning, or why was it so unusually bad?

well explain your comment on how rafa would do well at another club?

Explain it? Some right plums on here tonight.

I think Rafa is not the man for Liverpool and that he has taken the club as far as he can. But I think he is a good manager who at another club, most likely in Spain, would do well.

I just think that his tactics and are better suited to Spain or maybe Italy, and that he would go on to redeem his reputation in one of those leagues.

There are plenty of examples of managers who did not do as well as expected at one club or in one country and who then went on to do really well with another club or in another country. It is hardly such a taxing concept that needs an indepth explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Liverpool v Reading, not United, not Everton, not anyone else. Any further off-topic posting or accusations of trolling will be dealt with through infractions and bans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RasTa wrote: »
    Rafa does give some strange interviews, he must of mentioned "too many things to talk about" 5 times. Just get to the point...

He didn't look the best, I almost felt sorry for the guy. He doesn't do himself any favors with the interviews maybe he should get somone else to do them. The reporter did his best to get Rafa to criticise the Ref, at least he didn't take the bait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

spockety wrote: »
    For those who didn't see, what was the line of questioning, or why was it so unusually bad?

Seconded, not everyone has a TV handy. Was there much said?

What is on ITV news now certainly brings perspective easily.

spockety wrote: »

If you can you may see the interview on the ITV website

3 pl titles working on a budget not near rafa.

at least arsnela are showing improvement liverpool are going backwards quickly.

who? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    What is on ITV news now certainly brings perspective easily.

+1

Explain it? Some right plums on here tonight.

I think Rafa is not the man for Liverpool and that he has taken the club as far as he can. But I think he is a good manager who at another club, most likely in Spain, would do well.

I just think that his tactics and are better suited to Spain or maybe Italy, and that he would go on to redeem his reputation in one of those leagues.

There are plenty of examples of managers who did not do as well as expected at one club or in one country and who then went on to do really well with another club or in another country. It is hardly such a taxing concept that needs an indepth explanation.

personal insults now??couldnt be bothered....

• Advertisement
Advertisement