Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Reading FA Cup (mod warning @ post 622)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

rarnes1 wrote: »
    who? :eek:

arsenal:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

spockety wrote: »
    For those who didn't see, what was the line of questioning, or why was it so unusually bad?

He asked Rafa if Rafa thought the better team won. Rafa answered with "It depends on your point of view"

He asked Rafa if the team were playing poorly, he asked if Rafa is under pressure, and asked if players would be coming in.

Rather than give a few stock answers, Rafa tried his vague short answers which gave the interviewer more air time to ask questions.

How hard would it to have gone, when asked if the better team won, "well Reading worked hard tonight and were a credit to themselves and their manager. I would like to congratulate them on the result and wish them well in the cup"

Basically eat up the time the interviewer has by saying nice things about Reading and not giving the interviewer time or reason to ask trickier questions.

At least that way the interview is a non event and Rafa comes out of it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I'll just post what I posted on the Arsenal forum a few minutes ago
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Ye know what, with all the Liverpool -v- United bickering on this forum I really am glad to be an Arsenal fan :pac:

Fcuking hell it's disgraceful pacman.gif, but a few fans of the two clubs who I admired to be great posters really don't give me that impression anymore, shame really.

Grow up lads really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mod Warrning again.

We are trying to bring smome structure to the debate,please use this thread only to talk about the match.This is my final warrning.

mylineinthesand.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its almost an amazing season, you just can't see it getting any worse and then it does.

Rafa's plan to be out of all other comps and only focus on the league for the 2nd half of the season seems to be woriking.

Well done Reading, it is a shame you have to play Burnley at the Madjeski. You'll have one team with a crap away record against a team that can't win at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

personal insults now??couldnt be bothered....

Of course you could not be bothered, looking at your posts in this thread it would seem all you can manage is quick little digs to try and get a response from people, but you run off with your "couldnt be bothered" when spoken to directly.

Ironic isnt it I sat in the same seat in the same pub that Henry cheated to beat Ireland and tonight a w**ker who calls himself irish cheated reading into the next round of the fa cup.

and to all them mancs and chealsea clowns in the pub tonight I wish I saw you when I was walking home because the last thing you would have seen would have been the pointy end of my umbrella blinding ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

How come every Liverpool, Lucas or whatever thread has a mod warning?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

Kess73 wrote: »
    Of course you could not be bothered, looking at your posts in this thread it would seem all you can manage is quick little digs to try and get a response from people, but you run off with your "couldnt be bothered" when spoken to directly.

absolutely not.am i not allowed voice an opinion on liverpool?but just cause you dont agree you think im here to wind people up and then you insult me.

i was having a genuine discussion with you about football and YOU resorted to cheap digs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

absolutely not.am i not allowed voice an opinion on liverpool?but just cause you dont agree you think im here to wind people up and then you insult me.

i was having a genuine discussion with you about football and YOU resorted to cheap digs.

your coming across badly in this thread, and im neutral :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

He asked Rafa if Rafa thought the better team won. Rafa answered with "It depends on your point of view"

He asked Rafa if the team were playing poorly, he asked if Rafa is under pressure, and asked if players would be coming in.

Rather than give a few stock answers, Rafa tried his vague short answers which gave the interviewer more air time to ask questions.

How hard would it to have gone, when asked if the better team won, "well Reading worked hard tonight and were a credit to themselves and their manager. I would like to congratulate them on the result and wish them well in the cup"

Basically eat up the time the interviewer has by saying nice things about Reading and not giving the interviewer time or reason to ask trickier questions.

Anyone remember when Marty Morrisey tried that with Brian Cody after the All Ireland final last year. About the referee giving the penalty to tipp. Cody pretty much lost the rag. Rafa was very polite and very restrained. Mentioned that there were a lot of refereeing decisions he was not happy about. The reporter then began to throw twenty questions at him. Rafa was never going to ask them anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

get a room lads

2 day ban for this right after my warring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Thats right they'll be busy deciding what to do with there winnings:pac:

2-1 Home win but I think it'll go to extra time
    deisedevil wrote: »
    You think it will go to Extra time but think that Reading at 8/1 to go through is impossible, bit odd.

Like I said, there aint much hope of it happening.
    Deisedevil I was 100% wrong I only wish that we(spurs) played them last weekend it would have been a great chance for us.:)

Well rafa I guess won't have to worry as much about a fixture pile up at least.

For anyone that missed the match
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4454956/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ironic isnt it I sat in the same seat in the same pub that Henry cheated to beat Ireland and tonight a w**ker who calls himself irish cheated reading into the next round of the fa cup.

and to all them mancs and chealsea clowns in the pub tonight I wish I saw you when I was walking home because the last thing you would have seen would have been the pointy end of my umbrella blinding ye.

How is he a wanker? where did he cheat?

took his goal well and was fouled for a penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rafa was unbearable in that interview.

just say we were sh*t for f*ck sake.

maybe if you do, we'll have more respect for you.

you're insulting our intelligence at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

SlickRic wrote: »
    rafa was unbearable in that interview.

just say we were sh*t for f*ck sake.

maybe if you do, we'll have more respect for you.

you're insulting our intelligence at this stage.

TBH he looked shell shocked, and does not look a very well man. Considering that, I thought he did remarkably well to keep himself together during the interview, especially in response to some difficult questioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

Fuhrer wrote: »
    You're right, a reporter asking a manager questions, disgrace.

Rafa should do what other managers do and send their assistant out for the interview if the result has not gone their way...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

It seems inconceiveable that the loss of one player (Alonso) can affect a team so much;
    that being said, the FA Cup seems to have more appeal with clubs outside the top flight, clubs that would have more British and Irish players than the majority of clubs in the PL, who would still have a gra for the Cup.
    Congratulations to Reading, commiserations to Liverpool, that's the magic of the Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Deisedevil I was 100% wrong I only wish that we(spurs) played them last weekend it would have been a great chance for us.:)

Well rafa I guess won't have to worry as much about a fixture pile up at least.

For anyone that missed the match
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4454956/

Judging by the performance tonight everyone will be looking forward to playing them. Only wish Man Utd were playing them sooner, might get a win against em for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Indeed. Sometimes people seem to think that football managers need to be wrapped in cotton wool in these interviews. These guys (managers) are intelligent men, paid an obscene amount of money to do a job which throws them into the public eye. If they didn't want to face tough questions, they shouldn't have become a manager, and it's as simple as that.

As for Liverpool, the club and players have clearly stagnated. They've got to freshen things up a bit with some new faces, Rodriguez is a good start, but realistically the owners need to pony up for another player. I'll get slated for bringing up this point, but it is a valid one I feel: the only other way to freshen the squad, without paying up for new players, is to replace the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Columbia wrote: »
    Im talking about the banners Liverpool fans had all over Anfield calling him the club's saviour, and making references to the Second Coming, before he had even kicked a ball. I reckon he'll turn out to be a good player for Liverpool, but it's going be next season at the very earliest. To think that he was going to come in and suddenly turn the club around is completely ludicrous.

What? When? Who?

A few have unrealistic expectations of him, even a few tonight, but he does look like he could settle in.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ush1 wrote: »
    How come every Liverpool, Lucas or whatever thread has a mod warning?:)

Time for the bird again

cartoonbird2.jpg

mada999 wrote: »
    Rafa should do what other managers do and send their assistant out for the interview if the result has not gone their way...
    I think managers are bound by the tv rights deal so that they have to give interviews same as champions league

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

anyone have a video or transcript of the interview? I'm not going to comment on the game as I haven't seen it. (in work, thankfully by the sounds of things)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

That's next season. Fergie will have to give interviews to BBC etc.

mayordenis wrote: »
    anyone have a video or transcript of the interview? I'm not going to comment on the game as I haven't seen it. (in work, thankfully by the sounds of things)

Nope nothing on the ITV website yet.

But i did enter their golden ticket comp for a chance to win tickets to the Europa League, Champions League, FA Cup and World Cup finals

Osu wrote: »
    That's next season. Fergie will have to give interviews to BBC etc.
    You do realize Fergie isnt talking to MOTD or BBC. And probably never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

K-9 wrote: »
    What? When? Who?

A few have unrealistic expectations of him, even a few tonight, but he does look like he could settle in.

I agree that he probably will settle in and improve, next season.

Process hasn't been helped by the unrealistic minority, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I wish RTE had been covering the match tonight, Eamo would have been good :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

TBH he looked shell shocked, and does not look a very well man. Considering that, I thought he did remarkably well to keep himself together during the interview, especially in response to some difficult questioning.

He'd get slated for that too.

Its the manner of the defeat that is galling. Reading totally deserved it. Babel was shocking, NGog game as ever but scuffed a good chance.

Even Benny seemed off, seemed rushed, not his usual clam self in front of goal. Kuyt was Kuyt this season. The 2 goal threats we have besides Torres and Gerard are of form.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

I think managers are bound by the tv rights deal so that they have to give interviews same as champions league

ah right...a certain chewing gum eating manager seems to duck a few now and again....maybe it's only the league though..

good performance by Reading....should have been two up in the first half...
    no fight what so ever by some of the liverpool players..

Babel had his chance tonight on the right side - muck
    Ngog also got another chance but there was no fight from him.....

same old liverpool....when an opponents attack breaks down, we break slowly and let all their players get back into position and then we attack them.... need some kind of change... we are too predictable and too slow...

shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i acknowledge that he did not look well at all.

but the standard answers are just so galling at this stage, no matter what state he was in.

i like the man, and appreciate him a hell of a lot, don't get me wrong.

i'm at the end of my rope though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

From next season onwards, he is contractual obliged to talk to them as far as I'm aware. Post match interviews with the right holders are mandatory. That doesn't mean he has to say anything meaningful. He may just give yes or no answers. Who knows.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-utd-boss-ferguson-must-end-bbc-interview-ban-445601

I didn't see the game, but I'm stunned Liverpool aren't through. I heard Gerrard went off injured, and Torres too? Any news on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

My God I cant believe how awful Liverpool were tonight. I feel sorry for their fans, it was tough to watch at times. What Benayoun was doing for the penalty I do not no. No need for him to do what he did, Liverpool were home and dry, scrapped a win and into the next round.

Can I ask what was on ITV? In relation to that post that was thanked by several people?

Any word on Gerrards injury? Housemate just put him in his FF team earlier on today!
    Dub13 wrote: »
    2 day ban for this right after my warring.
    I dont mean to nitpick, annoy anyone or go against the rules here but that was two minutes after your warning, it might have taken the guy more than that to write what he said. Just a thought.

ah right...a certain chewing gum eating manager seems to duck a few now and again....maybe it's only the league though..

good performance by Reading....should have been two up in the first half...
    no fight what so ever by some of the liverpool players..

Babel had his chance tonight on the right side - muck
    Ngog also got another chance but there was no fight from him.....

same old liverpool....when an opponents attack breaks down, we break slowly and let all their players get back into position and then we attack them.... need some kind of change... we are too predictable and too slow...

shocking
    Yes the league rights are seperate and next year when that new deal kicks in he will have to be there for post match interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Oh dear. Reading worked hard but were limited enough. Even without Gerrard and Torres you would think Liverpool would have enough to beat them over two games.

Aqua doesn't look match fit still. He was dead on his feet in extra time. He has to start repaying that 20 million soon. Still though something is wrong in that football club. Dunno what it is. Money, the manager, the players, the owners, whatever results don't lie. LFC are in a bad way.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    From next season onwards, he is contractual obliged to talk to them as far as I'm aware. Post match interviews with the right holders are mandatory. That doesn't mean he has to say anything meaningful. He may just give yes or no answers. Who knows.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-utd-boss-ferguson-must-end-bbc-interview-ban-445601

I didn't see the game, but I'm stunned Liverpool aren't through. I heard Gerrard went off injured, and Torres too? Any news on them?
    Will be interesting to see how Fergie works his way round that. Will he just give yes or no answers i wonder.Or leave them waiting for ages before giving them an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

For anyone wanting to know the final score here it is :rolleyes:

skysportsfootballnewsma.jpg

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    My God I cant believe how awful Liverpool were tonight. I feel sorry for their fans, it was tough to watch at times. What Benayoun was doing for the penalty I do not no. No need for him to do what he did, Liverpool were home and dry, scrapped a win and into the next round.

Can I ask what was on ITV? In relation to that post that was thanked by several people?

Any word on Gerrards injury? Housemate just put him in his FF team earlier on today!

I dont mean to nitpick, annoy anyone or go against the rules here but that was two minutes after your warning, it might have taken the guy more than that to write what he said. Just a thought.

The news was on about the Earthquake in Haiti think thats spelt right

nothing said yet about Gerrard but Torres felt a twinge in his knee, but the way he sprinted off the pitch i think he was just cold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Maybe a few days off will do me good though. Effective from nine tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow morning at 9: Rafa quits, and ye sign Villa, Silva, and Fabregas and get taken over by a Mexican billionaire.:p

The point is that he has to now, well from whenever that rule comes into play. I expect one word answers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Was some coverage of the earthquake in Haiti.

:(

Tomorrow morning at 9: Rafa quits, and ye sign Villa, Silva, and Fabregas and get taken over by a Mexican billionaire.:p

The point is that he has to now, well from whenever that rule comes into play. I expect one word answers though.
    yeah read that link. say he will just turn on the hairdryer and point interviewers face for duration of interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SlickRic wrote: »
    i acknowledge that he did not look well at all.

but the standard answers are just so galling at this stage, no matter what state he was in.

i like the man, and appreciate him a hell of a lot, don't get me wrong.

i'm at the end of my rope though.

He actually looked ill, worryingly so. I'd genuinely fear for his health, he was practically trembling, his voice was shaking, his complexion wasn't at all healthy. Heart attack waiting to happen, IMO.:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

flahavaj wrote: »
    He actually looked ill, worryingly so. I'd genuinely fear for his health, he was practically trembling, his voice was shaking, his complexion wasn't at all healthy. Heart attack waiting to happen, IMO.:(

I hope your wrong - :(

• Advertisement

I have had this out wth the OP via PM.

That was not my only warring it was my last warning,plus another mod had giving a warning.

did not notice that. He was looked well enough before game but that game probably left him in shock like the rest of us. Another depressing night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think Rafa should be given a few more years, he's actually doing a great job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mayordenis wrote: »
    I hope your wrong - :(

Me too. No job is worth the stress the man appears to be under at the moment.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Remember when they hooked up a heart monitor to Sam Alardyce and the results where insane he is under an imense amount of pressure at the moment to deliver

• Advertisement
Advertisement