Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Reading FA Cup (mod warning @ post 622)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Remember when they hooked up a heart monitor to Sam Alardyce and the results where insane he is under an imense amount of pressure at the moment to deliver

Was that before he had the op on his heart though?

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

kenon wrote: »
    Was that before he had the op on his heart though?
    Ya it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Sam Allardyce was lucky they nipped the problem in the bud.

Loads of managers have to put up with a high level of stress but if it starts effecting their health its up to them to call it a day. I haven't seen the interview that people are talking about so I wont speculate about his health.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Rafa, perhaps somewhat unusually for him, did sound as if he took this result very personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

kenon wrote: »
    Sam Allardyce was lucky they nipped the problem in the bud.

Loads of managers have to put up with a high level of stress but if it starts effecting their health its up to them to call it a day. I haven't seen the interview that people are talking about so I wont speculate about his health.
    again i saw two interviews before game and he seemed to be in a very relaxed manner. But that result was a very bad shock to the system. defending was awful all night.

Rafa, perhaps somewhat unusually for him, did sound as if he took this result very personally.
    Might have been personal,
    Perhaps he was told that they expected a good cup run and his job depended on it?

Might have been personal,
    Perhaps he was told that they expected a good cup run and his job depended on it?

Possibly. I was wondering though if it was more the players. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but on the BBC interview when asked about why Torres and Gerrard were subbed he said they "wanted" to be taken off and that he "had" to sub them. Could he be questioning their commitment with those words?

Possibly. I was wondering though if it was more the players. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but on the BBC interview when asked about why Torres and Gerrard were subbed he said they "wanted" to be taken off and that he "had" to sub them. Could he be questioning their commitment with those words?
    Yes he's been critical at times this season of the pair saying they need to step up if i recall but it is a bit like spurs they have a terrific Strike force that almost always score in every game but a leaky defense which puts an amazing amount of pressure on the pair of them to score more then they conceed without really giving them any other players who will help score goals.

Yes he's been critical at times this season of the pair saying they need to step up if i recall but it is a bit like spurs they have a terrific Strike force that almost always score in every game but a leaky defense which puts an amazing amount of pressure on the pair of them to score more then they conceed without really giving them any other players who will help score goals.

The thing is though, the two in some ways are a manager's nightmare. They play right at a very high pace, right on the edge, which means they are either brilliant or they are gifting the ball to the opposition. Gerrard in particular can put the defence under an awful lot of pressure with some of his hollywood balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

To whoever said that it wasn't a penalty because it was outside the box :eek:

Please look at this link check it out in slo mo at 01:08 and tell me that it was outside the box. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Rafa continues to be held in the highest esteem by pool fans it seems, no matter what is happening.

the best thing since multiple orgasams...!

Spineless, toothless performance.

Pool fans need to wake up a 'lil bit, Torres will leave for fresh fields soon, like alonso before him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Man u were beaten by a league one team, its not so bad
    Liverpool use to draw so many games, now we lose the amount we use to draw, maybe we need to go back to been the team we first were under Benitez,, we all wanted more open play from him, now look where we are,

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Liverpool use to draw so many games, now we lose the amount we use to draw, maybe we need to go back to been the team we first were under Benitez,, we all wanted more open play from him, now look where we are,

back to, erm. zonal marking ugh..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rafa continues to be held in the highest esteem by pool fans it seems, no matter what is happening.

Actually no, most Liverpool fans have said the total opposite if you bothered to read the thread.

Yet again you embarrass yourself in a Liverpool related thread.

To think people have me down as one of the anti-liverpool Wum's.:(

back to, erm. zonal marking ugh..?

BACK TO,,, hmmm that has never gone away,, i have no problem with zonal marking,
    Ben was trying to clear de ball it wasnt a deliberate foul,,he swang leg to clear ball and the other guy put his leg in way of it, clumsy, had to give it ref,
    was not on purpose, why would he do it on purpose with seconds to go!!!

To whoever said that it wasn't a penalty because it was outside the box :eek:

Please look at this link check it out in slo mo at 01:08 and tell me that it was outside the box. :rolleyes:
    still have my doubts. Minimal contact really

Minimal contact is still contact an ankle tap can take down a 18 stone rugby player he did make contact with his ankle in the box and didn't touch the ball ref had no option but give the peno

lots of contact, he was swinging to clear the ball..ending up kicking back of his leg instead,,was not his intention

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

argosy2006 wrote: »

How does that even matter.

That's like saying ye won a league game, so a loss in another game doesn't matter.

There was something missing in that game, when reading equalised, there was no reaction from any liverpool players, no attempt to win the game. That should be worrying.

• Advertisement

How does that even matter.

That's like saying ye won a league game, so a loss in another game doesn't matter.

There was something missing in that game, when reading equalised, there was no reaction from any liverpool players, no attempt to win the game. That should be worrying.

point is its the FA cup,, it has its history,
    as for not trying to win game, i dont believe that, aquilani was out of it in extra time,lucas kept going forward, there was no composure is what i,m trying to get at, it was all hustle and bustle,
    why lucas never played in babel i'll never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Pool fans need to wake up a 'lil bit, Torres will leave for fresh fields soon, like alonso before him.
    some of the blame may lye with rafa due to his tactics, but the players were muck. it's like they don't want to play at all this season, nevermind tonight. they are playing like a bunch of petulant school kids who won't do anything for the teacher. the blame mainly lyes with the players at the end of the day but rafa will bear the brunt of the pressure and criticisms

evil_seed wrote: »
    some of the blame may lye with rafa due to his tactics, but the players were muck. it's like they don't want to play at all this season, nevermind tonight. they are playing like a bunch of petulant school kids who won't do anything for the teacher. the blame mainly lyes with the players at the end of the day but rafa will bear the brunt of the pressure and criticisms

they do play for him,, it shouldnt be this hard though, if your playing well you come off field with out breaking a sweat, players are tried maybe, coz every game this season has been a dogged fight,
    most games chelsea played this season were like a walk in de park,,liverpool players are tried ,mentally too

flahavaj wrote: »
    Actually no, most Liverpool fans have said the total opposite if you bothered to read the thread.

Yet again you embarrass yourself in a Liverpool related thread.

To think people have me down as one of the anti-liverpool Wum's.:(

RaFa is the only one embarrasing himself tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

RaFa is the only one embarrasing himself tbh
    Your giving him a run for his money :pac:

Really is baffling what is happening at Liverpool.

he also has a quite worringly obsession with spaniards...

the problem is quite simple, poor quality players. also leadership on the pitch can be questioned.

only 3 or 4 players on the pitch are really good, players like carra are wayyyy over rated also, wtf, he is treated like maldini ffs.

Seriously, I remember Pool absolutely twatting Real in the cl and now this...

duh.

Whatever happens I hope he stays on a bit longer as it make for interesting viewing.

RaFas biggest mistake (of his many) is selling alonso.

he pulled all the strings for pool, since they they have been, in a nice simple word

shoite.

edit, actually alonso left on his own accord, to like win something, but still. since he left they have fallen by the way side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Give it up mate.

Your denial is embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Source or more made up baseless lies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

yom 1 wrote: »
    first time I have ever agreed with booing .........players were disgraceful tonight and completely deserved it. Only Liverpool player that had even a hint of a good game was Aquilani. Fell away at the end through lack of fitness though.

Fair play reading, thoroughly deserved. Hope you's go far in the competition.

Sad sad day for Liverpool.............
    I would never boo the players or manager that's for day trippers and couch fans. The players mind you should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have conducted themselves over the last few months. The lack of fight for the jersey is pathetic and an embarrassment to LFC. Hang your heads boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

he must be trying his hardest to get fired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

are you insane.

Are you saying this is outside of the box? Really?

attachment.php?attachmentid=102534&stc=1&d=1263431922

Are you going to honestly say that looks outside the box? Honestly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

are you insane.

Funny, He said it a couple of times last night , he was a lone voice though, A real should have gone to spec savers moment.

are you insane.

Was probably just inside the box but end of the day Long made the most of the challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

most of us are full aware of what's going on, thank you very much.

but whatever about everything else, Gerrard is 10x more likely to leave than Torres.

no matter what, Torres will be here until the end of 2010/11 at the very least; i'd almost be confident enough to put my house on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was probably just inside the box but end of the day Long made the most of the challenge.

'Probably' 'Just' inside the area?

Seriously.... it is DEFINITELY WELL inside the box. Just admit you were completely wrong on this, on several occasions last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

deisedevil wrote: »
    Stick to your promise now bayviewclose.

everdead.ie, just in case your wondering, I'll be on the lash friday with my winnings.

8/1 was great odds, well worth the tenner.

I don't usually gloat but........

:D

10 on for me too, guess we won't see bayviewclose for 2 days now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

good luck with that.

Long went down easy, but everyone does.

Benny's tackle was stupid, and a draw was the least Reading deserved over 90mins.

kida wrote: »
    10 on for me too, guess we won't see bayviewclose for 2 days now :D

Maybe a few days off will do me good though. Effective from nine tomorrow morning.

He obviously needs the break ,He'll be back saturday morning,

I see we have an imposter in our midst.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Never seen Stevie do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Bandit12 wrote: »
    I would never boo the players or manager that's for day trippers and couch fans. The players mind you should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have conducted themselves over the last few months. The lack of fight for the jersey is pathetic and an embarrassment to LFC. Hang your heads boys.

I dont agree with booing myself in the slightest, and never have or never will boo my team. I was just so pi$$ed off last night that I could, for once, understand why there was some booing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

oi! you not supposed to be here after 9 o clock!!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It was inside the box, anyone who even thinks otherwise is telling lies. For what reason a person would lie like that is open to interpretation.

lol. I didn't see it at the time, but had a look just there. I can't believe how wrong you are!

insidethebox.png

There's the kick to the back of Long's legs. It's a full yard inside the box for Christ's sake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

lmao at bayviewclose's 'probably' inside the box.someone needs glasses i think.he was a good bit inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

lol. I didn't see it at the time, but had a look just there. I can't believe how wrong you are!

insidethebox.png

There's the kick to the back of Long's legs. It's a full yard inside the box for Christ's sake...

2 penos there, one on Long and Agger sitting on a player...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ush1 wrote: »
    2 penos there, one on Long and Agger sitting on a player...

Pshh...ain't no law sitting on a player.

insidethebox.png

Okay exile is over. Enough is enough.. Very easy to paint a story with one freeze frame. Like i said there were probably justiifiable claims for a penalty but Long went down very easily.

Okay exile is over. Enough is enough.. Very easy to paint a story with one freeze frame. Like i said there were probably justiifiable claims for a penalty but Long went down very easily.

Welcome back:p

How did you see that tackle as taking place ouside the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Okay exile is over.

Exile?

You posted twice since 9am, when you were supposed to quit posting for two days.

Exile me bollox.

It was a penalty, stone wall. A kick in the back of the leg is a foul, what Long did afterwards is largely irrelevant.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Pshh...ain't no law sitting on a player.

There is yeah, called the "ars* on crotch law".

Advertisement