Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Reading FA Cup (mod warning @ post 622)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Okay exile is over. Enough is enough.. Very easy to paint a story with one freeze frame. Like i said there were probably justiifiable claims for a penalty but Long went down very easily.

You can't know that. When your running and someone clips your leg it can completely throw you off your stride, or Long felt the touch and went down. Either way there shouldn't have been a touch at all, particularly as there was no need for it, and therefore penalty was correct decision. Also it was miles inside the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

when i saw the replay i thought long was running towards the goal not away from it. thats what caught me out. Bad camera angle. But my initial reaction that he fell over to easy and still maintain that. Btw good work on the still with Agger sitting on the defender LB. Amazing what you can do with photoshop these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Again ITV camera angle was bad re the replay. That freeze frame doesnt tell the full story. What does jump the shark mean btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

when i saw the replay i thought long was running towards the goal not away from it. thats what caught me out. Bad camera angle.

You were that insistent about it even though you only saw one quick replay from a bad camera angle. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Btw good work on the still with Agger sitting on the defender LB. Amazing what you can do with photoshop these days!

I think it's time you stop posting out of your ass bayview. The hole is filling up with your sh*t faster than you can dig it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think it's time you stop posting out of your ass bayview. The hole is filling up with your sh*t faster than you can dig it.

Has anyone ever took that guy seriously?

deisedevil wrote: »
    You were that insistent about it even though you only saw one quick replay from a bad camera angle. :eek:
    No when i saw it live was contesting the fact that Long had gone down a bit too easy. Not debating now whether it took place outside the box.
    Anyway we move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No when i saw it live was contesting the fact that Long had gone down a bit too easy. Not debating now whether it took place outside the box.
    Anyway we move on.

Sticks on ignore list for two days, suggest everyone else does the same.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever took that guy seriously?
    You mean taken. At least get it right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Okay exile is over. Enough is enough.. Very easy to paint a story with one freeze frame. Like i said there were probably justiifiable claims for a penalty but Long went down very easily.

It was a penalty, a penalty it was...nothing left to say other than it was a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

RasTa wrote: »
    Sticks on ignore list for two days, suggest everyone else does the same.

there'll be nothing to read, 2/3 of all Soccer Forum posts will be gone :D

he should uphold his side of the bet though, so I'm going to stick him on ignore for 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Amazing what you can do with photoshop these days!

True

picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=4670

Fine with me really. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The Muppet wrote: »
    True

picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=4670

Bad camera angle etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You mean taken. At least get it right!

jebus bay so much for you not posting after 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

SlickRic wrote: »
    there'll be nothing to read, 2/3 of all Soccer Forum posts will be gone :D

he should uphold his side of the bet though, so I'm going to stick him on ignore for 2 days.

I agree, a man should stick to his word.

Headshot wrote: »
    jebus bay so much for you not posting after 9
    Fair enough Ill confine posts to my home thread. Thats sounds fair enough to me.

Fair enough Ill confine posts to my home thread. Thats sounds fair enough to me.

that doesn't help me though does it? ;)

They had their chance. Tell you what. If Reading get through this I wont post for a full day. :D

the deal you wouldnt post for the whole day

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    that doesn't help me though does it? ;)
    agreed but you can put me on ignore like the rest of the lads. god knows i put up with the likes of boggles and the rest for long enough so its a small imposition.

agreed but you can put me on ignore like the rest of the lads. god knows i put up with the likes of boggles and the rest for long enough so its a small imposition.

I wont beable to take you serious anymore now

A man without his word is nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL Man of your Word....NOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

And to up the ante I wont post for two days (on soccer boards) if we lose. fair enough?

Is not the same as.

I wont beable to take you serious anymore now

A man without his word is nothing
    Okay one day from now. But how many of you post on pool thread. quite a lot. Dont post on your thread despite Fuhrers assertion last night. will leave it at that.

Okay one day from now. But how many of you post on pool thread. quite a lot. Dont post on your thread despite Fuhrers assertion last night. will leave it at that.

what are you talking about

what are you talking about
    Im talking about the fact that united fans post without impunity on pool main thread and we for the most part have to put up with it. Anyway no posting for a day from now. Are we agreed.

Im talking about the fact that united fans post without impunity on our boards and we for the most part have to put up with it. Anyway no posting for a day from now. Are we agreed.

lol

I knew you'd fall for it :p

broke your word again, i see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

why one day from now,why not today?prob have the same excuse tomorrow.:pac:

• Advertisement

lol

I knew you'd fall for it :p

broke your word again, i see
    note the time 13.11
    No posting till 13.11 tomorrow. thats my word.

note the time 13.11

ill give ya 30 mins

right, i had you on ignore for the craic, but your name still comes up whenever you post, so i've taken you off.

you make no sense here.

you said you'd be off for 2 days, because you were so damn confident we'd beat Reading. people are now calling you on it, and you're using a flimsy back-out of "i'll post in the Liverpool thread only"...for one day!

if you just came out, told us all to f*ck off or something, i'd be a lot more inclined to respect you a bit for it, rather than squirming your way through loopholes you're creating for yourself.

a bet is a bet is a bet is a bet.

oh, and we don't own the Liverpool thread, just like 'they' don't own the Utd thread, or anything of the sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Im talking about the fact that united fans post without impunity on pool main thread and we for the most part have to put up with it.

Its shocking alright. Its almost as if the thread was not only for liverpool fans but anyone interested in discussing liverpool, that there isn't a reported post button for posts that break the rules and failing that an ignore button that can help you avoid posters you have no interest in hearing from :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Im talking about the fact that united fans post without impunity on pool main thread and we for the most part have to put up with it. Anyway no posting for a day from now. Are we agreed.

without impunity....

seriously.

If you mean what you have written, your point makes no sense.

If you don't, learn what the words you use actually mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If a man cant stick to his word then he will never be of any value to anyone, including himself

without impunity??? lol

• Advertisement

note the time 13.11
    And to up the ante I wont post for two days (on soccer boards) if we lose. fair enough?

Thats one day. You said two. You said it clear as day. Your word means absolutely nothing!!!!!!11

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Thats one day. You said two. You said it clear as day. Your word means absolutely nothing!!!!!!11
    take or leave it. You can post all day about the merits but if this keeps up the offer is off the table. One day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

take or leave it. You can post all day about the merits but if this keeps up the offer is off the table. One day.

:rolleyes:

ill give ya 30 mins

26minutes.

Well done.

note the time 13.11

Just over 20 mins :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ah who cares sure. im sure people dont really give a **** whether you or anybody else including myself post or not.

seems like torres has a twisted knee and gerrard has a hamstring injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

You've really made yourself to look rather foolish Bayview. Had Liverpool won you would be gloating saying you wouldn't be here if they had lost that's how confident you were of Liverpool winning. I think you have lost a lot of respect. Nobody asked to make that bet, you did so on your own volition. :rolleyes:

magma69 wrote: »
    I think you have lost a lot of respect.

I disagree, i would not say anyone has lost respect for him over this.

seriously man, what are you even negotiating?

you're not following through with your promise, just admit it, and this will go away a lot quicker for you imo.

:pac::D

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749_5859188,00.html

We know the logistics of selling tickets and arranging football matches means a little forward planning is required, but the bods at the Liverpool ticket office might have wanted to wait just a little longer before sending out the following e-mail on Wednesday afternoon.

'FA Cup - Liverpool v Burnley (4th Round)

'Saturday 23rd January 2010. Kick Off: 12.45pm

'The Ticket Office will begin taking payments for the above game from Thursday 14th January.'

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

massive lol tbh.

I think the mods should ban him for two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Well I can't speak for everyone but I have little respect for people who don't see their bets through. It's just a silly bet. I really don't care if he posts here or not but I'm just pointing out that a lack of nobility is not a nice trait in someones personality.

Des wrote: »
    massive lol tbh.

Offer off the table lads. Gave yez a chance.

Des wrote: »
    massive lol tbh.

Just for claiming that was outside the box, nevermind the bet! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement