Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Reading FA Cup (mod warning @ post 622)

1111213141517»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I disagree, i would not say anyone has lost respect for him over this.
    Because that would imply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

magma69 wrote: »
    Well I can't speak for everyone but I have little respect for people who don't see their bets through. It's just a silly bet. I really don't care if he posts here or not but I'm just pointing out that a lack of nobility is not a nice trait in someones personality.

Whooosh..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

lol @ this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Offer off the table lads. Gave yez a chance.

I have an offer for you, now take a deep breath before you read it because its pretty crazy maybe even mad. Right you ready?

How about you keep your fecking word?

Imagine crazy thought!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You're coming out of all of this looking fairly bad mate.

You said you'd not post for 2 days if Liverpool didn't go through, it's there in black and white.

It's not an inside or outside the box thing, it's not a light tap on the ankle, it's stonewall.

Why are you still posting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You gave us a good chance to laugh at the fact you are a liar. Thanks for that. I know it brightened up my day. Now I can go back to posting without impunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    ill give ya 30 mins

dammit I was so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Des wrote: »
    massive lol tbh.

I think the mods should ban him for two days.
    That could be arranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

smashey wrote: »
    That could be arranged.

Feckin Admins stepping on toes again ;):rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Des wrote: »
    Feckin Admins stepping on toes again ;):rolleyes::D
    And still giving the same answer as last week...

... shurrup Des. ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

You gave us a good chance to laugh at the fact you are a liar. Thanks for that. I know it brightened up my day. Now I can go back to posting without impunity.

another sly dig :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

argosy2006 wrote: »
    they do play for him,, it shouldnt be this hard though, if your playing well you come off field with out breaking a sweat, players are tried maybe, coz every game this season has been a dogged fight,
    most games chelsea played this season were like a walk in de park,,liverpool players are tired ,mentally too
    hate to bump this thread but to return to actual discussion the loss of both Torres and Gerrard can not be under estimated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

smashey wrote: »
    That could be arranged.

please do:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Well played BVC, love the mind games and diversionary tactics away from that car crash of a game last night. ;):p

(i thought it was a peno myself last night but what makes me disgruntled is that im 99.99% sure if gerrard goes over all the same hahaha'ers that only frequent liverpool matches/threads on the wind up cry 'dive')

Shocking game from our lads and even after i let the dust settle today i have lost any lingering thoughts that benitez is the man to move this team on. It doesnt matter about outside factors, the personell available to the manager should be easily beating pompey and reading, fullstop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How about we just ignore him for 3 days and not respond to or engage in conversation with him about anything

extra day is for being without honour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

This thread is dead without Bayview, when's he due back from his exile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

hate to bump this thread

I somehow doubt that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

kryogen wrote: »
    How about we just ignore him for 3 days and not respond to or engage in conversation with him about anything

extra day is for being without honour

wont stop him from posting.tbh i couldnt care less whether he keeps his word or not.

to answer your post about gerrard and torres,damage aint fully known yet so youll have to wait and see. you only know hes been diagnosed with a hamstring problem(gerrard) and torres with a twisted knee.dont know if theyre minor or serious injuries yet.too early to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

On current form and attitude neither of them are a loss to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Boggles wrote: »

Torres is - his goal vs Villa the other day is proof of that. He is an excellent finisher, and even off form he is deadly if given a chance. Sure look at the united game too - the guy, apparently, could barely turn or run properly, still smacked one in against us.

Torres is a player that even off form carries a massive threat.

• Advertisement

Torres is - his goal vs Villa the other day is proof of that. He is an excellent finisher, and even off form he is deadly if given a chance. Sure look at the united game too - the guy, apparently, could barely turn or run properly, still smacked one in against us.

Dangerous thing to have a player that thinks he is undroppable. I'm not questioning his talent, I'm questioning his application and attitude at times.

Dangerous thing to have a player that thinks he is undroppable. I'm not questioning his talent, I'm questioning his application and attitude at times.
    What about his attitude. He has an injury. And he has been putting in the extra hours after training to get himself back fit.

What about his attitude. He has an injury. And he has been putting in the extra hours after training to get himself back fit.

Huh, did someone hear something? Maybe it's just me.

Agreed. One of the best finishers in the premiership. Goal against Villa was class

Agreed. One of the best finishers in the premiership. Goal against Villa was class

There it is again, I definately must be losing it!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

There it is again, I definately must be losing it!! :confused:

Why do you keep on posting empty quote brackets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gerrard, agreed.

Torres, big fat no.

yes, he's petulant at times. but Rooney is too. it doesn't mean he's not vital or wouldn't be a huge loss to your lot, or his attitude is bad.

same as Torres for us. he's always a threat, and always puts the effort in from what i've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

SlickRic wrote: »
    Gerrard, agreed.

Torres, big fat no.

yes, he's petulant at times. but Rooney is too. it doesn't mean he's not vital or wouldn't be a huge loss to your lot, or his attitude is bad.

same as Torres for us. he's always a threat, and always puts the effort in from what i've seen.
    +1
    Considering how Torres has been plagued with niggly injuries all season he has been immense for us. A savior on more than one occasion.

Gerrard has been extremely poor and it is made look worse when compared to his outstanding form last season. It takes a lot for me to criticise Gerrard, but this season he has shown fuck all of the leadership he displayed in previous seasons. There were too many games this season where he just didn't look interested whatsoever. That is unforgivable as he is captain.

Something is going on with Gerrard definitely. But we still need him for the big games. Time to start looking ahead though and we have an a lot of good players coming through the academy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Something is going on with Gerrard definitely. But we still need him for the big games. Time to start looking ahead though and we have an a lot of good players coming through the academy.

So 5 years time when they come through will definitely be your year?

• Advertisement

rgiller wrote: »
    So 5 years time when they come through will definitely be your year?
    didnt say that but who knows the team may be a lot stronger by then. We have to learn to survive without him so maybe the team will have a different perspective to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

You do realize Fergie isnt talking to MOTD or BBC. And probably never will.

You do realize that next year he has to...

Osu wrote: »
    Yes have heard the updated news. But again if fergie doesnt want to talk to them he doesnt want to talk to them. Say he will just with a series of yes or no answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ironic isnt it I sat in the same seat in the same pub that Henry cheated to beat Ireland and tonight a w**ker who calls himself irish cheated reading into the next round of the fa cup.

and to all them mancs and chealsea clowns in the pub tonight I wish I saw you when I was walking home because the last thing you would have seen would have been the pointy end of my umbrella blinding ye.

Wow. This post is just embarassing. 'a w**ker who calls himself Irish'...maybe because he is Irish :rolleyes: 'cheated Reading into the next round of the FA cup'.....just LOL. What planet are you on? If you can't handle defeat, maybe you shoud give up supporting a football team, just a thought.

As for the game, Liverpool were shocking I thought and Reading deserved to go through. Good to see Long getting the winner, it's been a poor season for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Osu wrote: »

Why so?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

yes but dont forget the game is at anfield. They are not 14-1 for nothing. And to up the ante I wont post for two days (on soccer boards) if we lose. fair enough?

Advertisement