Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox360 HDD Upgrade

Options
  • 13-01-2010 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Me again lads - Im looking to change the hard drive on my 360 from a lowly 20gb to something more substantial. Am I just as well ordering one from ebay, or is there anything to be saved from modding one myself. I know the dos tools are designed to only work with more or less one drive (some type of seagate) - can these still be gotten?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its hard to beat the 250gb one from DX price wise, its cheaper to build your own, but not by much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Its hard to beat the 250gb one from DX price wise, its cheaper to build your own, but not by much!

I concur with your findings :pac: Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

do JTAG hack and you can install any sata hard drive, even 1tb!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

docentore wrote: »
    do JTAG hack and you can install any sata hard drive, even 1tb!

Because you can install unsigned stuff or? Please explain moar, I'm considering finding a vulnerable xbox to purchase/hack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

you won't need an official (or hacked WD BEVS) hard drive anymore. Have a look over here, guy explains how to connect 3.5" hard drive. for the price of 250gb you can have 4x more!

• Advertisement

You can even stick any 2.5 HD in the HD enclosure too, XBR dosnt have and HD restrictions like the MS dash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Will the dashboard version affect this? I know it does for homebrew (burnt efuses)...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    Will the dashboard version affect this? I know it does for homebrew (burnt efuses)...

Well if you cant install XBR (Dash > 7371) then I guess you can't have the pick of hard drives? :confused:

I'm actually very interested in researching XBR and it's advantages/disadvantages now

Advertisement