Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We already have After Hours

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Locked for the moment as when I scanned it earlier there seemed to be personal abuse going on and that's over the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 HereSince2003

MOAR!!!! Is best served on 4chan. AH will get that.

/end

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

pickarooney seems to be dealing with this.

I like the idea of the thread as it gives a good laugh. What I do think that is unfortunate is that it was overcrowded by crap. Sort of like a new neighbor moving in and having a rave all of a sudden. Nobody likes that when they are used to something day in day out. However I think the thread and the idea should live on.
    I even believe that this has also spawned a facebook group to the story too.

Its unfortunate that certain users may see that the forum is being invaded, but moreso I'm sure alot of people have now discovered that there is a CW forum. So there is some good and some bad to this issue, but at the end of the day there will be resolve
    MOAR!!!! Is best served on 4chan. AH will get that.

/end

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I would just like to make it known that cloneslad apologized to me today via PM for his posts. As far as I'm concerned the issue is dealt with as long as all those involved can realize where they went wrong and try to avoid causing it again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

And all is once again right with the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The people from after hours who have little interest in creative writing will get bored and probably never visit the forum but there will be a few who will keep coming back and contribute..

I spend the most of my time on boards.ie in AH. I'm a little insulted that you think us 'After Hours people' would have no interest in creative writing.

I've discovered several forums through posts that originated in AH and I regularly visit them now. Any incredibly popular thread is going to bring new people to the forum and while this may initially create some disruption, it will lead to some new permanent visitors who can enhance the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

snyper wrote: »
    but trent is the biggest thing to hit AH since facekicker!!

Dave.. seriously.. internet.. serious business.. unwind.. its only one thread that has been crossed from AH to CR, dont be getting your knickers in a twist. It had spent alot of time in AH before it was sent across. The mistake is that it should have been sent earlier or not at all

Theres a myriad of sleep inducing threads in CR for you to sink your teeth into
    It's actually CW.

N00b

Please don't insult me...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Jay P wrote: »
    It's actually CW.

N00b

Please don't insult me...

i dont believe i was.

I was talking to davejose.

you fail..

...again

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I spend the most of my time on boards.ie in AH. I'm a little insulted that you think us 'After Hours people' would have no interest in creative writing.

I've discovered several forums through posts that originated in AH and I regularly visit them now. Any incredibly popular thread is going to bring new people to the forum and while this may initially create some disruption, it will lead to some new permanent visitors who can enhance the forum.

No need to be insulted.
    The people from after hours who have little interest in creative writing will get bored and probably never visit the forum but there will be a few who will keep coming back and contribute..

I'm not saying people from after hours don't have any interest in creative writing.

Advertisement