Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need someone to draw plans for attic conversion

• 13-01-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi
    I spoke to a girl in the planning office in Cork and she said that I wouldn't need to get an architect to do the plans for an attic conversion, as long as the plans submitted showed the intended layout to their satisfaction.
    It's a fairly basic conversion
    i.e. one bedroom, ensuite, stairs, and dormo-window at the back.

Does anyone know someone in the Cork city area who could do this for me at a reasonable price ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Im based in limerick but if you want me to have a look i can. Ill PM you some info. Im a Civil engineering Autocad technician which is excatcly what your looking for really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Got a guy who works in an engineering firm in Glasheen to draw up my extenion plans. Recommended by the wifes friend. Can't remember the exact price but it was cheap enough and he took care of the planning application as well.

I just gave him a copy of the existing plans and told him what I wanted (had to go to county hall and find original crowd who did them - bought house 2nd hand).

PM me if your'e interested and I can send you his details and can mail you an example of what he drew for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

OP, do you need to getting planning permission for this proposed attic conversion?
    PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭barongreen

for dormers you probably would as it is changing the shape of the house......afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Get 3 quotes from local Arch Tech with PI insurance. Compliance with Document B - fire - Building Regulations are very important. Propoer insulation of the roof space is also very important.

You do not need an RIAI Architect to submitt a planning application. All applications are checked (or Validated) by the Council to ensure the application meets the Councils requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭RacingSilver

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Have sent PMs to a few of you.

Advertisement