Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2010 -- No ticket advertising

Options
  • 13-01-2010 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

I know this ages away but...

I went last year and it was amazing. Really well organized, great weather etc.

Most definitely going back this year for 25th year.

Anyone else going? Hear any rumours etc?

Not sure when acts get announced for this as I bought my tickets last minute last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sorrywhat wrote: »
    I know this ages away but...

I went last year and it was amazing. Really well organized, great weather etc.

Most definitely going back this year for 25th year.

Anyone else going? Hear any rumours etc?

Not sure when acts get announced for this as I bought my tickets last minute last year.

i've been to many Euro Festivals but only Pukkelpop once, back in '97, gotta say it's prob one of the best laid out festivals i've been to, may pop over this year if the line ups good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Last year the first names were announced in April. The site for this year was up rather early so there's a possibility we may get names before April.

Blink 182 are playing festivals in Germany the same weekend as Pukkelpop so there's a good chance they'll be one of the headliners (they'll probably be playing the Reading/Leeds too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

I would'nt be too mad on seeing Blink 182. I used to listen to them when I was a teenager, might br fun though!

I heard Greenday where a rumour. Looked up a few sites and found this http://efestivals.com/festivals/pukkel/2010/lineup.shtml

Dunno how reliable it is though.

Id love to see them at an outdoor gig. Saw them in the point years ago and they put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Apparently, Someone found a tour poster hidden on the greenday website, it had dates for Summer festivals, Reading/Leeds, Werchter, Pukkelpop, Oxegen etc.

Who knows if its true though.

Saw that on Reading fest forums thing myself, its blatantly fake. They won't be at Oxegen, and the exact same font was used for an exact same style of poster for Pearl Jam, giving the exact same festivals in the exact same order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Plec

Hi Lads,

Just wondering any info on Pukkelpop vs Rock Werchter. I was at RW in 2008 and found it a nice (if at times tame experience) 2 stages for 4 days gets a bit much at time.

Thought the camping facilities etc at Rw was top notch in comparrison to anything we have here at both Ire festivals. Is Pukkelpop not anywhere near as good a standard as that. I have read around it a bit and people seem to be giving out about the camping a bit.

I guess im just asking is there any major difference in the 2 festivals apart from RW getting the bigger acts. Might try a different area of EU if its gonna be totally the same. Mr S. you seem to know your Belgium festivals but any info from anyone would be a help.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

For anyone who went last year does anyone remember roughly how much the tickets cost for camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rookey

Hey, as far as I can remember tickets cost 120 total. It's well worth it! best festival I've been to. Real pist off as I can't go this year:mad: and I'd say it will be amazing as it's the 25th anniversary!

Tickets last were 140 all in for 4 days camping. If you bought an e ticket you got one free train pass to hasselt from the airport.

If you buy a paper ticket you get free train tickets with the SNBC train service(you may want to google that), but if you live outside belgium you can only buy an e ticket.

I wasn;t at RW but have been comparing the 2 for this year.

For instance Pukkelpop showers free vs RW showers 2 quid. I know its only 2 quid but 2 quid is 2 quid

If you buy food/drink tickets at pukkelpop they can be used in the campsite and the festival grounds vs RW whatever campsite you buy food/drink tickets at you have to use them there. Not sure about festival grounds.

They were just some of the things I cam across when doing some research into the 2 for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Class festival and way better in my opinion to RW.

7 stages and so much more diverse music, will be my 5th time going this
    year and will also hit RW for the Sunday.

Only gripe is the price of booze inside so smuggle as much as you can
    in...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I went to both this and RW in 2008. went to RW with a group of long time and best friends so it was never in doubt that it would be good, plus it had a great lineup and we were lucky to be in one of the 2 campsites witha dj and a bar. with PP went with what was basically a group of strangers with the exception of one person whom i didnt know all that well and still had a blast. RW had more people from outside belgium, though PP still had loads. PP was and is this year a good deal cheaper for flights and tickets. With 7/8 stages there was always something on worth seeing, shops were a bit closer too to the campsite.

im taking a chance and hoping the lineup will be good, but ill be booking my flights this week for pukkelpop, the line up for werchter isnt nearly as good as the past 2 years to me, and for the 100 less for PP can go to another fest. Im doing my best to convince others to come

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm very interested in heading to this festival this year. I'm searching but I'm not finding dates and such yet. Anyone have any ideas of when tickets will go on sale or the line up might start being announced? It's a little early but I always leave things and forget about them so I'm trying to be a little prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Shryke wrote: »
    I'm very interested in heading to this festival this year. I'm searching but I'm not finding dates and such yet. Anyone have any ideas of when tickets will go on sale or the line up might start being announced? It's a little early but I always leave things and forget about them so I'm trying to be a little prepared!
    I think the first names will be announced tomorrow, according to a Belgian paper anyway and a lot of forums/twitter they will be. They're usually announced late March/early April so if it's not tomorrow it'll be very soon. I'm assuming tickets will go on sale pretty soon too.

The following are self confirmed:

- Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip
    - Fun Lovin' Criminals
    - Megafaun
    - Renaissance Man
    - The Toy Dolls
    - Blood Red Shoes
    - De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig
    - Lektrobeerz
    - Parkway Drive
    - Ou Est Le Swimming Pool
    - Les Petits Pilous
    - Jawkob
    - White Lies
    - Riva Starr

Blink-182, Bad Religion, NOFX and Queens of the Stone Age are also big rumours.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what other dance acts are announced too!

Im goin :)

e-tickets go on sale on April 20 from proximusgoformusic.be

Im driving this year. Gonna make a bit of a raod trip out of it!
    Flew last year and arrived with just a tent. Wasnt the most comfortable, so driving I can load the boot up with all sorts! :)

Cant wait! Booked my time off work and all!

ticketprices €145 for the 3 day weekend. Bit miffed at the increase there.

Were they only like 138 or so last year? 7 quid isnt too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Very happy with the lineup so far, I'm there! :)

Both Soulwax and 2 Many DJs.. can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What a line up. NOFX ---- Legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

just booked my flights, 75€ return:)
    Is that with Ryanair or Aer Lingus? Must start looking.
    Thinki'll be going to this seeing as Werchter is sold out..plus it has QOTSA..Double YAY :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Flying out with Ryanair, going back with Aerlingus :)
    Sweet..will check it out. Thanks:)

• Advertisement

What an amazing first announcement. I thought Maiden were in the running as I knew they were playing Sziget, but I didn't know if they'd snub Pukkelpop or not.

Surprised that Blink 182 are so low and that they're not headlining, looks like they'll be playing under Maiden on the Thursday.

Never seen The Prodigy and I'm really glad Gojira are there, have really gotten into them lately.

/looking into flights now. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Whats the best way got get there.

Brussels Airport, next best bets are Brussels Charleroi and Eindhoven Airport in the Netherlands (both Ryanair).

im surprised that blink 182 are seemingly so popular. dont think the headliners are up to much, sure i expect maiden to put on a good show, and be a damn site less boring than metallica 2 years ago, but QOTSA are hit and miss live and placebo are not a top bill act for me, id say soulwax will close the stage one day though as they did with some show in 08.

I was hoping for a Radiohead, Daft Punk, Rage or AC/DC kind of headliner. One that is not to miss, there is hope yet as theyll be announcing acts for sometime yet.

oh and weezer are touring that time, already confirmed for reading and leeds, theyd be way better than blink!!

Nearest airport is Eindhoven in Holland, Ryanair fly to. But i think the connection is harder. Pretty sure f®eak s©enery has done the route, so maybe he could fill you in:)

Yeah, Eindhoven is only worth flying to if you want to pop into a coffee shop before heading to Belgium. Otherwise, Brussels-International is way less hassle and time.

I see Brussels Charleroi is useless as a return airport as the flights have been cut back to one really early morning departure... definitely wouldn't give you enough time.
    Weepsie wrote:
    oh and weezer are touring that time, already confirmed for reading and leeds, theyd be way better than blink!!

Weezer would be nice. Great band for a festival... odd that they rarely play festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭karlm37

Anyone know if this is usually a sell-out or not? A good few of us are planing on headin over this year and I was just wondering if we should buy tickets when they release em or can ya waait a while? :)

dont think it has ever sold out. in 2008 i got my ticket about 2 or 3 weeks before hand after deciding to go on a bit of a whim. last year it came relatively close apparently and with lowlands and werchter both selling out this year, its not improbable that this will too

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Been the last 5 years and had never sold out but getting closer an closer each year, last year they had to open a 2nd camping Area.

Line up is looking ok this year just hope not as hot as it was last year....

Some downpour of rain then during the Deftones....

Been the last 5 years and had never sold out but getting closer an closer each year, last year they had to open a 2nd camping Area.

Line up is looking ok this year just hope not as hot as it was last year....

Some downpour of rain then during the Deftones....

Yeah, it was quite eerie watching Deftones with full-on thunderstorms in the background. Then the rain started and the Marquee was absolute jammers for Them Crooked Vultures. Fortunately the rest the weekend had ridiculously good weather.
    Mr.S wrote:
    combi tickets have never sold out, you can buy the ticket at the festival gate if you really want to

Did that one year, after online ticket sales went off early which I wasn't aware of. It's something like €20 extra at the gates for combi tickets so I recommend getting them in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

How accessible is that place where the event is taking place from the airport/s

Advertisement