Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2010 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Lolnouska

Limpbizkit and blink182 are playing, I'm so there!
    This will be my first year there so really looking forward to it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone know when the next batch of act announcements are expected for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Tickets go on sale Tuesday so here's hoping we get a few more names added before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Snow Patrol is the other headliner apparently, kinda disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Very disappointing if thats true. But won't bother me too much if they add a few more exciting names to the other stages :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Very lame that they recycle Main Stage bands like Snow Patrol and Placebo from last year. At least there's a good chance there'll be something else to check out on one of the other stages.

Would love to see Underworld added... they're playing shows this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Hi, i want to stop off in a coffee shop for my music enhancers. What would be the best airport for me to fly into?

Cheers

Amsterdam or Eindhoven I would imagine?

More names being announced tomorrow morning, apparently this is the leaked list:

The xx
    Bloody Beetroots (dj-set)
    Groove Armada
    Band of Horses
    Laidback Luke
    The National
    **** Buttons
    Girls Against Me!
    Jamaica
    Eels
    Serj Tankian
    Kele
    Laurent Garnier
    Seasick Steve
    Gogol Bordello
    Foals
    All Time Low
    And So I Watch You from Afar
    Everything Everything
    Chase & Status (live)
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    Steve Aoki
    Kelis
    Blood Red Shoes
    Yeasayer
    The Cribs
    Kitty
    Daisy and Lewis
    Nosaj Thing
    The Tallest Man on Earth
    Local Natives
    The Soft PackCaribou
    You Me At Six
    The Drums
    Pulled Apart by Horses
    Fat Freddy's Drop
    The Toy Dolls
    3OH!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jello wrote: »
    Amsterdam or Eindhoven I would imagine?

More names being announced tomorrow morning, apparently this is the leaked list:

The xx
    Bloody Beetroots (dj-set)
    Groove Armada
    Band of Horses
    Laidback Luke
    The National
    **** Buttons
    Girls Against Me!
    Jamaica
    Eels
    Serj Tankian
    Kele
    Laurent Garnier
    Seasick Steve
    Gogol Bordello

Foals
    All Time Low
    And So I Watch You from Afar

Everything Everything
    Chase & Status (live)
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    Steve Aoki
    Kelis
    Blood Red Shoes
    Yeasayer
    The Cribs
    Kitty
    Daisy and Lewis
    Nosaj Thing
    The Tallest Man on Earth
    Local Natives
    The Soft PackCaribou
    You Me At Six
    The Drums
    Pulled Apart by Horses
    Fat Freddy's Drop
    The Toy Dolls
    3OH!
    :)

If that lsit turns out to be true I'll be massively underwhelmed

• Advertisement

Yeah that list has been confirmed, a bit underwhelming alright but I'm very happy with Bloody Beetroots, Laurent Garnier and a few others. Though I would've preferred a Bloody Beetroots live Death Crew 77 show rather than a DJ set.

Not really diggin' this second announcement so much, except for some of the smaller acts.

Day breakdown is up too, Thursday and Friday are good but Saturday is weak.

Maiden announcing their own gig here lessens the chance of me going this year but it's still likely I'll go in the end. Just hope they don't feckin' clash Gojira with Maiden or Blink.

Having looked at all the acts announced so far I'm fairly disappointed.

Was looking forward to going this year but not gonna bother now.

Getting my ticket this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

All organised and ready to rock now!

Have all the people going.

Getting boat and festival tickets Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 c_uboid88

Prob a stupid question, but I take it that its the same buzz as oxegen with bringin drink to the campsite etc?? Plus, whats the price of buyin beer both to bring to the campsite and inside the arena??

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

1st time going to PP, cant wait! herad its the biggest and best in europe that doesnt broadcast the fact that they are!

Ticket ordered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Ruddy 'ell, I'm really surprised that not only is the line-up more appealing to me than Oxegen's, but even with flights it's slightly cheaper! :eek:

If only I had a job. :(

I wonder when the next batch of bands will be announced? Anyone heard anything?

• Advertisement

sorrywhat wrote:
    I wonder when the next batch of bands will be announced? Anyone heard anything?

They seem to be announcing bands in intervals of every three weeks on Tuesdays, so you might hear something next week.

Mr.S wrote: »
    The festival never sells out, you can buy a ticket the weekend before the fest no problems.

You never know, it could sell out. But yeah, it wouldn't be for a while and the I expect the organisers to make an announcement if the festival is close to selling out.

They seem to be announcing bands in intervals of every three weeks on Tuesdays, so you might hear something next week.

Yea I'd like to see who the next few biggish bands are.

and isn't there a headliner left to be announced for Friday night? I am presuming the prodigy are playing the same slot as Kraftwerk did last year? After the headliner into the early hours of the morning.

Hard to guess if there will be any more headliners added. Snow Patrol has been doing the rounds (which is really shiit, since they already played last year; the typical "festival whore" band) and other than that, there aren't many potential "big" acts touring Europe at the time. Guns N' Roses and Underworld are the only other acts that spring to mind.

sorrywhat wrote: »
    and isn't there a headliner left to be announced for Friday night? I am presuming the prodigy are playing the same slot as Kraftwerk did last year? After the headliner into the early hours of the morning.

The organiser has said the Bloody Beetroots are DJ'ing last on the main stage after The Prodigy, but apparently there's still another headliner to be announced. Looks like they'll be on early-ish on the Friday.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ohmygod, are you serious?! Not that i don't belive you, but can you give a source? They would seem better suited to closing the boiler room, 2-4am or something like that.

Bloodybeetroots closing the mainstage would be freaking amazing though. imagine the A/V.
    It was in an interview the organier did for a Belgian newespaper and the translation was posted, can't find the link I'm afriad! Only source I can give is the post at the bottom of this page - http://www.pukkelpop.be/en/community/forum/pukkelpop-2010/english-41/54773/guess-the-stage/

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Jello wrote: »
    The organiser has said the Bloody Beetroots are DJ'ing last on the main stage after The Prodigy, but apparently there's still another headliner to be announced. Looks like they'll be on early-ish on the Friday.

i would seriously LOVE to see em on main stage, saw em in Galway paddy's night, unbelievable! and then the videos from last yrs pukkelpop are unreal!

Just wondering , i booked my ticket on thursday night but still have'nt got an e mail , does it take awhile for the e mail?

Just wondering , i booked my ticket on thursday night but still have'nt got an e mail , does it take awhile for the e mail?

Check your junk mail. People have previous posted saying that it was in their junk folder.

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Check your junk mail. People have previous posted saying that it was in their junk folder.
    Yea ive been checking my junk mail aswell. If i dont hear anything at the end of the week ill e mail them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 batman007

How far away is amsterdam from the festival?

I'm thinking of going there for a few days before or after the festival if it doesn't cost too much.

Advertisement