Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2010 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

batman007 wrote: »
    How far away is amsterdam from the festival?

I'm thinking of going there for a few days before or after the festival if it doesn't cost too much.

About 200km, a train from Amsterdam would take about 3 to 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Griff77

batman007, what you could do instead of heading to Amsterdam is to head to Maastrickt for a few days. We did it last year. Great place and very chilled which is just what you need after the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭karlm37

batman007 wrote: »
    How far away is amsterdam from the festival?

I'm thinking of going there for a few days before or after the festival if it doesn't cost too much.

Me and a group of mates are doing something similar... Hitting Eindhoven on the monday before the festival, then a train to it on wednesday, then back to Eindhoven/Amsterdam for 2 days after! Can't wait for it! Look into flying with ryanair, because we've worked the whole package out at about 350-400 euros, including trains, accomodation etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got my ticket , i emailed them and i accidentally gave them a wrong e mail address . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Could someone tell me when the campsite opens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

think its early sometime on wednesday afternoon. hoping to be there around 5/6 pm. youll have no problem getting a spot as the campsite is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Mr.S wrote: »
    Wednesday @ 8am/9am!

The campsite is huge, but last year they had to open another one down the road as the main one got full.

Also, expect longggg ass ques from around 11-4PM on the wednesday (when the bulk of everyone arrives) Last year was horrible queing in 35degree heat!

God it was torture when we got there last year! It very hard to know what to do when we arrived. We had to first queue for aaages in sweltering heat to even get our tickets, which meant our group had to divide into two so that half could get the tickets and the other half mind all the bags, tents etc.

Then when we had our tickets we had to make our way across the road to the campsite and then queue to get in there. Then we had to queue to get a spot in the campsite, the Pukkelpop people had a big rope to prevent people from camping where they wanted and to keep everyone as tightly packed as possible. They would move the rope forward every few minutes and when they did everyone scrambled for a spot.

You'll really need your wits about you when the Belgians start popping open their pop-up tents in the spot you're trying to salvage!! Some of our tents were quite big and trying to make room was so difficult some of our tents ended up completely arseways (some of us couldn't open out the porch part of the tent, some of us were a bit away from the other etc.)

As you can imagine this didn't go down too well with sweaty, tired Irish people :p

So be warned that on Wednesday it won't be a case of just sauntering into the campsite and picking a spot, it's pretty bad organisation to be honest.

But once ya get over all the hullabaloo of setting up (and once you don't die of sun stroke!) you'll have a great time :D

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also, expect longggg ass ques from around 11-4PM on the wednesday (when the bulk of everyone arrives) Last year was horrible queing in 35degree heat!

Same on the Thursday, possibly from an even earlier time.

If you arrive late on the Wednesday, like around 9pm or later, there will be no queue, or at least very little queuing. You'll be late settling down but at least you won't be standing around for like 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheMasterpiece

Virgin Poster.. But had to ask,

Flying with Ryanair to Charleroi.. Has anyone that has been to Pukiepop or even to Brussels flown into here,and is it easy to get to the event? I know it's free transport,but is there transport easy accessible?

Please and Thanks :)

From Charleoi airport there's a bus into Charleoi itself that stops just outside the train station. From there it's only 45mins-1hour to Brussels central station itself, and when you change trains its 60-90 mins i think. probably not as long as I remember. Youll have to get a train ticket from Charleoi to Hasselt (covers brussels too)though and need to get it online before you get there unless it's been changed.

going with aer lingus myself this time, worked out at 120 euro and for the convenience of not having to come from charleoi and possibly getting there 2 hours earlier it's well worth it

I didnt mind the militant organisation really in the campsite, no worse than finding a good space and having some pr*ck stick up a massive gazebo right on top of you anyway as you wait for others.

Was quite near the bar and food stalls last time so im hoping to be equidistant from there to the showers. They saved me in 08, went a solid 24 hours straight with no sleep and the showers woke me up for the next day

• Advertisement

Just booked my flights with Aer Lingus. Leave Dublin on Wed @ 6.50am and return on Sunday at 9.10pm

Yeah, I think my flight out is at 8:00 with Ryanair on the 18th, but does this mean that the free transport thing won't be available until the 19th?

Returning in the 24th so we have Sunday night there,and Monday to arse around and make our way to the airport for a 6.45 AM :( flight out on Tuesday morning.. Will free transport still be in motion that late?

free transport is on the wednesday and the sunday. Otherwise its about €10 for the train to charleoi

Balls,cheers for the answer!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Snow Patrol
    Deadmau5 (live) - Mark Lanegan
    Kate Nash - Erol Alkan - Goose -
    The Black Box Revelation - De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig
    Henry Rollins Spoken Word
    The Aggrolites - Die Antwoord - Thrice - Flying Lotus -
    Ash - Jaga Jazzist - Uffie - Proxy - Biffy Clyro - Band of Skulls
    Minus The Bear - Meuris - Miike Snow -
    Stornoway - Ellie Goulding - Shameboy - Balthazar -
    Fanfarlo - Holy ****
    Laura Marling - Skindred - Isbells -
    Marina & The Diamonds - Dez Mona - Sound Of Stereo -
    The Van Jets
    Matt & Kim - Flip Kowlier - Mintzkov
    Darwin Deez - The Bear That Wasn't - S
    chool Is Cool - Blue October - Chapel Club -
    French Horn Rebellion
    Kapitan Korsakov - The Go Find - Frightened Rabbit -
    Netsky - Eat Lions - Tinie Tempah - VILLA - Superlijm -
    Avi Buffalo
    We Have Band - Harvey Quinnt - The Tellers -
    Vermin Twins - Washed Out - Alain Johannes -
    Dominique Young Unique
    Surfer Blood - Paranoiacs - The Bookhouse Boys -
    Toro y Moi - Hurts - Drums Are For Parades - The Sore Losers
    Funeral Party

A lot of that is stuff I wouldn't be bothered with but Stornoway, Shameboy, Erol Allkan and a couple of others should be very good. Some good stuff to pass some time too as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Alain...Mark...Queens have to be on the same day!

Only 7 in that announcement I'd see...getting more tempted.

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Snow Patrol
    Deadmau5 (live) - Mark Lanegan
    Kate Nash - Erol Alkan - Goose -
    The Black Box Revelation - De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig
    Henry Rollins Spoken Word
    The Aggrolites - Die Antwoord - Thrice - Flying Lotus -
    Ash - Jaga Jazzist - Uffie - Proxy - Biffy Clyro - Band of Skulls
    Minus The Bear - Meuris - Miike Snow -
    Stornoway - Ellie Goulding - Shameboy - Balthazar -
    Fanfarlo - Holy ****
    Laura Marling - Skindred - Isbells -
    Marina & The Diamonds - Dez Mona - Sound Of Stereo -
    The Van Jets
    Matt & Kim - Flip Kowlier - Mintzkov
    Darwin Deez - The Bear That Wasn't - S
    chool Is Cool - Blue October - Chapel Club -
    French Horn Rebellion
    Kapitan Korsakov - The Go Find - Frightened Rabbit -
    Netsky - Eat Lions - Tinie Tempah - VILLA - Superlijm -
    Avi Buffalo
    We Have Band - Harvey Quinnt - The Tellers -
    Vermin Twins - Washed Out - Alain Johannes -
    Dominique Young Unique
    Surfer Blood - Paranoiacs - The Bookhouse Boys -
    Toro y Moi - Hurts - Drums Are For Parades - The Sore Losers
    Funeral Party

Nice additions

Was waiting for this announcement to decide whether to go. It's not the worst but the lineup as a whole right now isn't making my head explode.

Thinking of travelling this summer so may stop off with a day or two at Rock en Seine instead. And catch Maiden prior in the O2. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

As its the 25th Anniversary of this festival I did expect the line up to be better. I bought my tickets after the 2nd announcement and although Im not regretting it 'cos the festival as a whole is brill, I am a little disappointed with the line up.

Bringing back placebo and snow patrol again, Im a little miffed about that. The smaller bands that are playing dont seem as big/well known as the ones last year.

Maybe Im just picking at things but I did think it would mor exciting.

Saying that though I am looking forward to going and the trip along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Very happy with Erol Alkan (who'll most likely be playing with Boys Noize), Proxy, Deadmau5, Sound Of Sterero and a few others!

Deadmau5?

UGH!:mad:

Garcia Plays Kyuss , Gallows and Bad Religion added

Gallows:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

After seeing Garcia plays Kyuss tonight, well holy mother of God, what an excellent show. Go see that....worth every second.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

hey do ye reckon that there'll be good craic at the festival. few of us thinking of going at the end of 10 day interrailing. just wondering is it worth? pretty impressed by the lineup but like would the language barrier be much of a problem??
    otherwise we'd just head to oxegen or electric picnic here. but thought it'd be a good idea to finish up with it.

thanks for any help!!

If you've been interalin', then there shouldn't be much of a language barrier,as you'd be used to it! Plus i think we can all string a few words of French together!;)

It's mostly Dutch speakers being in the Flemish region of Belgium but like the Netherlands they are generally very adept at English. I've never ran into significant language troubles over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

thanks guys. think we might go for it. was just worried that it'd just be us 4 girls in a field surrounded by europeans and my french is about junior cert level at this stage. think we're gna put up a huge irish flag and hope the rest of ye seeks us out!!

• Advertisement

And out of the thousands of people that will be there.. I'm sure we will find that flag :D

Advertisement