Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2010 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

see you there!!! well if i figure out how to get there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheMasterpiece

Excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

where is the best place to fly into?
    and how much for the trains,

thinking of going on the wed and home on the monday, cutting it a bit fine for the flights there shooting up,

should manage into brussels with aer lingus and home from eindhoven with ryanair for 130, is that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just got my ticket there. First time going and I can't wait.
    Think we're planning on flying to London and getting the eurostar to Brussels. :)

Is there somewhere nearby where I'd be able to get a tent or would I be better off bringing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

flights are like 179 with aer lingus at the mo :(

any other ways to get there or are those the best bet?

• Advertisement

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    flights are like 179 with aer lingus at the mo :(

any other ways to get there or are those the best bet?

Really? I checked earlier on today and they were €100. That's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StevieTheAssin

Im headin over with a few mates and was just wondering whats the best way to get from Charleroi airport to the festival site. I know you can get trains to it, but just need help in actually gettin to the train station,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Im headin over with a few mates and was just wondering whats the best way to get from Charleroi airport to the festival site. I know you can get trains to it, but just need help in actually gettin to the train station,

Thanks

There's a regular bus service from Charleroi airport to the city centre, which will leave you at the train station. Takes about 15-20 minutes and costs about €3 one-way if I remember correctly.

Flights booked, aer lingus ended up working out cheaper than ryanair. Can't wait to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StevieTheAssin

There's a regular bus service from Charleroi airport to the city centre, which will leave you at the train station. Takes about 15-20 minutes and costs about €3 one-way if I remember correctly.

Alright cheers, thats a great help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

kateos2 wrote: »
    Flights booked, aer lingus ended up working out cheaper than ryanair. Can't wait to go!

how much u get em for??

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    how much u get em for??

Think it was €115, would have gotten it cheaper if we got the late flight over on wed. Coming back Monday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 robynalltheway

Hi, I want to go to pukkelpop this year and i was wondering if you knew if it was difficult to get from brussels to the actual concert, time wise and travel etc. Is it pretty straight forward or would an awkward person such as myself find it hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

does any body know if the e-tickets work for the train? i was at graspop over the weekend and had the hard ticket and heard that if you had a e-ticket you couldnt use it for the train because their easy to copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

does any body know if the e-tickets work for the train? i was at graspop over the weekend and had the hard ticket and heard that if you had a e-ticket you couldnt use it for the train because their easy to copy

Last year with the e-ticket you got one free train per e-ticket. You had to go onto the train website,The company was SNBC or something like that, it tell you on the PP e-ticket, and register your ticket and then you print off this other thing for the trains.

I know that all sounds a bit vague but it tells you on the PP website and on the ticket itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 robynalltheway

Thanks Mr. S!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Does Pukkelpop usually sell out, or can you buy tickets right up until the event? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Mr.S wrote: »
    very slim chance it'l sell out. For years you've been able to buy tickets at the box office when you arrive (its a little more expensive though)

I don't think it eer has, but it's the 25th anniversary and a solid line-up, so it's possible that it could, closer to the date.

I'd highly recommend getting tickets in the presale, it's cheaper and you get your free transport to the venue.

The organisers have said that tickets have been selling particularly well this year, could very well be the first year it sells out. Apparently due to the recession most Belgians are opting to stay at home and Pukkelpop appears to be an attractive choice as a weekend away. There will be good word of mouth too following last year's fantastic weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

can some one tell me is it easy to get from Charleroi to the festival and whats the easiest way to do this?

Cheapest flights I can get arrive in Charleroi Tue 17th and leaves Wed the 25th.

Is it easier buy a tent in Belgium and what are the drink prices?

Any help and tips would be really appreciated this is our first festival abroad

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Could someone please help me out, I am in dire straits and need a quick response so I can book my flights and get sorted !

I am planning on traveling over on August the 18th and that's fine, I am sure I can find a bus from Eindhoven to Brussels or something, I have a full day to sort it out.

Whats worrying me is when I am planning on coming back - August 22nd, the Sunday. The concert will be over on Saturday night, and I will be able to travel from then, but I need to be back in Eindhoven for the 22nd at 7.00pm ?

Does anyone know how I could do this ? I have been looking for buses or trains, but everything seems really dodgy...a kelly travel bus to the concert from Eindhoven and one back in the morning would be such a lifesaver ! Is there anything like this ?

Would it be possible to make it back to Eindhoven in this time ? It seems so dodgy :(

Jeebus wrote: »
    Would it be possible to make it back to Eindhoven in this time ? It seems so dodgy :(

Don't worry about it, you've loads of time. If the flight was at 7am I would be concerned.

Easiest way is as Mr.S said, train to Netherlands through Antwerp. Once in the Netherlands, hop on the train to Eindhoven. Whole trip takes 3-4 hours, so leave before midday on the Sunday.

I've bussed it to Eindhoven from the festival site. Personally I wouldn't recommend it at all because a) there's no direct bus and b) connections are limited or non-existent as the buses are running on a Sunday schedule. Furthermore the website for the national Belgian bus company (De Lijn) is not exactly tourist friendly and there is no English language option. More trouble than it's worth... just get the train.. www.b-rail.com is where you need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

So if I land in Brussels with Aer Lingus, gather a few camping supplies and get the train to the festival, then return on the home on the sunday I should be fine?

LickiRake wrote: »
    So if I land in Brussels with Aer Lingus, gather a few camping supplies and get the train to the festival, then return on the home on the sunday I should be fine?

Brussels Airport is by far the easiest place to fly to and quickest time-wise to the festival however I would check out the Belgian rail website to ensure your connection. I missed the last train to Hasselt last year because I left it too late so it's good to know such info before travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

When i was at graspop last month, we pulled an allnighter the last night and packed up around 7 o'clock n went for the train, avoiding all the q's that you would get during mid-day and it worked a treat!!!! the longer you wait to get the train the longer the q's will be.. and its not fun hungover in the sun!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Brussels Airport is by far the easiest place to fly to and quickest time-wise to the festival however I would check out the Belgian rail website to ensure your connection. I missed the last train to Hasselt last year because I left it too late so it's good to know such info before travelling.

Cheers for the info, first time travelling abroad for a festival, trying to cover all my bases before heading off, think i have it all sused now. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Don't worry about it, you've loads of time. If the flight was at 7am I would be concerned.

So you wouldn't recommend booking a flight that leaves Charleroi at 07:15 Sunday morning? And if it's not advisable do you think it would even be possible to get there in time for the flight?

HoPpiE wrote: »
    So you wouldn't recommend booking a flight that leaves Charleroi at 07:15 Sunday morning? And if it's not advisable do you think it would even be possible to get there in time for the flight?

Nope, unless you get a taxi there is no way you will make that flight, you would have to leave the night before.

EDIT: According to the Belgian rail website, the earliest you would get to Charleroi from Hasselt on a Sunday is around 09:20... also doesn't take into account the time it takes to get to the airport itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Cool, man! Cheers for that info, lucky I didn't go ahead and book those flights!! Was finding it hard to navigate that Belgian rail site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

We're flying to Eindhoven and then planning on getting a taxi to Hasselt.
    If a taxi is to expensive the whole way, we'll get it to the nearest train station in Belgium and train it from there. Although we find it hard to believe that no private bus operator has seen an opening in the market here! There must be loads of people going from Eindhoven...

Then on Sunday we'll do the same back up to Eindhoven where we plan to chill for a couple of days before coming home on Tuesday.

Is Eindhoven a decent spot for a couple of days, or would we be better of heading to Utrecht?

Advertisement