Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2010 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

We're flying to Eindhoven and then planning on getting a taxi to Hasselt.
    If a taxi is to expensive the whole way, we'll get it to the nearest train station in Belgium and train it from there. Although we find it hard to believe that no private bus operator has seen an opening in the market here! There must be loads of people going from Eindhoven...

That isn't a bad idea if you are able to get a good deal on a taxi. Nearest train stations in Belgium from Eindhoven are in Turnhout and Neerpelt.

It is odd that there isn't a shuttle bus from the Netherlands (they do have one for Graspop, direct from Eindhoven which is damn handy) however I'm guessing most Dutch people in the south opt for Lowlands, even though it's farther away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

That isn't a bad idea if you are able to get a good deal on a taxi. Nearest train stations in Belgium from Eindhoven are in Turnhout and Neerpelt.

It is odd that there isn't a shuttle bus from the Netherlands (they do have one for Graspop, direct from Eindhoven which is damn handy) however I'm guessing most Dutch people in the south opt for Lowlands, even though it's farther away.

Ye we reckon it would be cheaper than getting buses to Belgium if the 4 of us are going, or if not cheaper not a lot more expensive and much handier.

Really looking forward to it now, just hope the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

For anybody who's planning to go but hasn't bought tickets yet;
    It certainly seems that no one wants to miss out on Pukkelpop’s anniversary edition. Tickets are selling extremely fast and at this rate the festival, unlike its previous 24 editions, is likely to sell out in no time. That is why we would like to alert everyone who has not yet made up their mind and plans to wait until the last minute that we will soon have to put up the ‘Sold Out’ sign for the first time ever. The festival’s maximum capacity is 62.500 visitors a day. So, don’t delay and get your Pukkelpop ticket before it’s too late!

Festival tickets can be bought via Proximus Go for Music. Day tickets cost 76 euros. Combi-ticket cost 145 euros. Service costs of 4,5 euros per ticket not included. Combi-tickets are also available at the usual presale addresses. Remember: the camping fee + train and bus fares are included in the ticket price. More info about the ticket sale can be found on www.pukkelpop.be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Anyone have any experience or advice on whether it's feasible to travel to and from Dusseldorf for the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Sold out- AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

• Advertisement

fried.

Wow, that was real fast. If it's any consolation tickets may become available closer to the event... can't guarantee it, but it seems to happen with Rock Werchter every year.

I dunno if that'll be any good, flights will probably be mad expensive if you're booking them that close!

Yeah, I guess that comment can be directed to those who already booked flights but didn't buy their tickets to the festival in time.

Ya, I feel sorry for anyone in that situation. Hopefully none of my mates did!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

my friend did. paid a fair whack for it as aer lingus have more than doubled their prices in the last 2 weeks. he's buying day tickets (you can camp with them) if he cant get a combi quick

Just booked mine last night..got lucky so!

karmabass wrote: »
    Sold out- AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Cant say I didn't warn ya!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PoppaPulp

Cant believe its sold out already!

Went last year and got tickets there!
    If anyone selling tickets for it let me know please!

Gutted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PoppaPulp

What websites are good to get tickets?

I'm going anyway, bought day tickets for Friday and Saturday.

Friday tickets now sold out.

So whats peoples to see list.
    Mine is:

Placebo
    2manyDJS
    The XX
    The NAtional
    Mumford and Sons
    Deadmua5
    Ash
    Soulwax
    QOFTSA
    Prodigy
    Eels
    Grove Armada
    Yeasayer
    Foals
    Hot Chip
    Biffy Clyro
    Erol Alkin

Thats a lot, so im sure i wont get to see them all...most looking forward to Placebo and 2Many Djs and The XX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If you go to ABC line up and click print, it has the times everyone's playing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

i dont suppose soem legend has had the time to make up an excel document or something with a layout of the line up and the times and is willing to share it with the rest of us?

• Advertisement

Had a bit of time on my hands:D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

You sir are a legend. thanks

You can buy me a 250ml cup of beer when we're over there. :)

Cool the times are good, the only clash i have is Placebo vs Groove Armada. Will go with Placebo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thursday for me :
    Thrice
    We Are Scientists
    Young Guns
    All Time Low
    BRMC
    Blink 182
    Maiden
    Groove Armada
    Flaming Lips

Friday:
    Henry Rollins
    3OH3!
    Twin Atlantic
    Limp Bizkit
    YouMeAtSix
    Mumford & Sons/Hot Chip
    The Prodigy
    Snow Patrol
    Bloody Beetroots

Saturday:
    OK Go
    Ash
    Against Me
    Gogol Bordello
    Serj
    QOTSA
    Pendulum
    2 Many DJS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StevieTheAssin

Sup guys, just about to order the free train tickets and just want to know if any of you know what train station is the easiest to get to from Charleroi airport

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

offical times put up. can see more clearly theclashes. not too many really that i care about as ill see some more at EP and saw some last month

http://www.pukkelpop.be/en/line-up/saturday/

I'd say thats probably the final lineup. Although there are rumours of gorillaz being added after it popped up on their myspace for a few hours. Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheMasterpiece

Weepsie wrote: »
    From Charleoi airport there's a bus into Charleoi itself that stops just outside the train station. From there it's only 45mins-1hour to Brussels central station itself, and when you change trains its 60-90 mins i think. probably not as long as I remember. Youll have to get a train ticket from Charleoi to Hasselt (covers brussels too)though and need to get it online before you get there unless it's been changed.

Holy post bump but just a quick question,there;s three different options for trains out of Charleroi on the train site for getting the ticket! Do you know which one it is?

- CHARLEROI-OUEST
    - CHARLEROI-SOUTH AIRPORT
    - CHARLEROI-SUD

I assume the airport one?

• Advertisement

Holy post bump but just a quick question,there;s three different options for trains out of Charleroi on the train site for getting the ticket! Do you know which one it is?

- CHARLEROI-OUEST
    - CHARLEROI-SOUTH AIRPORT
    - CHARLEROI-SUD

I assume the airport one?

There's no train to Charleroi airport; I figure that option is for foreigners who don't know which of the Charleroi stations to leave from. Charleroi-Sud is where you'll be getting on your train... I suppose either option is valid.

Advertisement