Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2010 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheMasterpiece

Greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Anyone think some of the lineup placings are bizarre, specifically, Iron Maiden before Placebo, Limp Bizkit before Eels and The Prodigy before Snow Patrol?

I figure with Maiden the organisers don't want a repeat of 2007 when The Smashing Pumpkins played a mostly non-hits orientated setlist, as Maiden are doing with this tour. Maiden put on a far better show than Placebo do though.

I know Limp Bizkit have waned in popularity but I think they're still more popular and have more hits than a band like Eels. And Snow Patrol, I don't know how they got to where they are. :confused:

Blink-182 would have suited as a headliner for one of the other days, pity Thursday was the only day they were available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 androugham

There's no train to Charleroi airport; I figure that option is for foreigners who don't know which of the Charleroi stations to leave from. Charleroi-Sud is where you'll be getting on your train... I suppose either option is valid.

Thanks for the information you provide. Its really helpful..
    flight deals from england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Placebo are massive on the continent, especially in Belgium. Thats why they're top of the bill that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

any one know if its as close to any other airport like perhaps lille or eindhoven? my loved one is going but so far hasnt booked return flights :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im flying with Aer Lingus to Brussels and am going to get my free train ticket so when im on the website where you get this site https://buy.b-rail.be/eTicketing/ETicketOrdering/InitStrutsActionToWelcome.do?lang=3 . Do i choose Brussels Central as my departure station? Cheers

Also they have opened the online shop on the website
    Today Pukkelpop launches its very own online webshop! You no longer need to wait till your arrive at the festival site to buy your unique Pukkelpop outfit.

Check our gorgeous T-shirts, tank tops and hoodies for boys and girls.
    And our great Pukkelpop shirts for kids.

You can also buy the exclusive Pukkelpop headphone and the 4-cd box ‘Pukkelpop 25’. As from 1st October you will also be able to buy the book ‘Pukkelpop 25’.

All items are delivered to your doorstep in a unique, specially designed Pukkelpop box. The perfect gift for someone you like!

You can find the only genuine Pukkelpop shop
    http://www.pukkelpop.be/en/shop/

Cheers Mr S , i have a feeling the rest of the people going have already picked the Brussels Central destination but shall check it out before i get it. Cant wait for the festival , i this the festival where they kinda put all the non belgium people into seperate campsites?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ah you'll be grand, I've only ever been checked once, and once he saw we where going to Pukkelpop he didn't bother asking for tickets etc. Just have the train ticket thing printed out and hand it up if asked.

Nah, at Pukkelpop its just one massive campsite opposite the festival, if it fills up (which is will this year as its sold out) they open up a second campsite down the road.

Just a tip, you can't get into the campsite without getting your festival wristband, so don't join the massive campsite que first! You have to go exchange your ticket at the festival gates for the wristband, then head to the campsite. The only ques you'll see over the weekend are on the first day, when everyones arriving. Its a bit of a bitch but once your set up its all worth it;)

Ah right cheers Mr S shall try remember to get the wristband 1st . Yea we are leaving on the 1st flight out from Dublin on the wed round 6.30am on Aer Lingus so hope to be at the site round lunch time roughly

8.AM Flight on Wednesday,see you there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Won't be there until some time thursday evening myself.

Heading over with a group of 15 or so.

• Advertisement

On the 6.50 flight on wed and 21.10 on the Sunday. Both Aer Lingus headin over with my friend and a good few of his friends. European Festivals are the way to go :)

Mr.S wrote: »
    You will fall in love with Pukkelpop once you get there:D

Whats everyones lineup:)? Handy feature on the site:

141987157-0f85de811e138a01efbfc1f29ed00bfc.4c5da628-full.png

Well i fell in love with Rock Im Park last year so id say the same will happen with Pukkelpop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Thursday:

Tinie Tempah
    Seasick Steve
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    And So I Watch you From Afar
    Kelis
    Mark Lanegan
    Kyuss

Friday:

3oh!3
    Kate Nash
    Limp Bizkit
    Mumford and Sons
    The Prodigy
    Gallows

Saturday:

Ok Go
    Ash
    Die Antwoord
    Alain Johannes
    Gogol Bordello
    Soulwax
    QOTSA
    2manydjs

I have a feeling i will prob miss the early acts but this is what i hope to get to

Thursday:
    Blue October
    Thrice
    We Are Scientists
    All Time Low
    Young Guns
    Seasick Steve
    Skindred
    BRMC
    Biffy Vs ASIWYFA
    Blink 182
    Iron Maiden
    Goldfrapp
    Groove Armada
    Flaming Lips

Friday:
    3OH3!
    White Lies vs Twin Atlantic
    Limp Bizkit
    You Me At Six
    Mumford & Sons Vs Hot Chip
    The Prodigy
    Snow Patrol
    NOFX Vs Bloody Beetroots

Saturday:
    OK Go
    Ash
    Against Me!
    Gogol Bordello
    Serj Tankian
    Soulwax
    QOTSA
    Pendulum
    2 Many DJs
    And might even see who Ed & Kim are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Looks like rain for us, well showers at least. I know 10 day forecasts are unreliable but I'd prefer they said sun rather than rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Pity about the (possible) rain! Has anyone got some tips on getting a bit of "smoke" at it? Would I be better getting the train to amsterdam when I get there?

It will rain because i'm going. :(

I've never been to a festival where it hasn't rained at least once.

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Has anyone got some tips on getting a bit of "smoke" at it? Would I be better getting the train to amsterdam when I get there?

Why go all the way to Amsterdam? If you are flying to an airport in Belgium Roosendaal or Maastricht are much closer.

Getting excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jackthelad456

The only problem with PP is that it's too close to Electric Picnic back home. RW is a week before oxegen so that's why I picked RW this year. PP may be on the cards next year.

• Advertisement

Are the train tickets valid for when we're leaving on the Sunday aye?

Are the train tickets valid for when we're leaving on the Sunday aye?
    You trade your e-ticket for a real ticket at the gate and thats valid for the return journey AFAIK.

AFAIK?? Sorry haha:confused:

Mucho appreciated again guys!! :)
    This time next week we'll be dancing in the rain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

Its so close now...

Hope this helps people planning what to see and what not to see. I got lazy and left out the last 3 stages on Sunday, cos there was nothing I wanted to see there.

Guys,just wondering.. Is there much in the way of shops around..Alcohol wise? I was advised to just stock up in the Airport..but the absolute effort of dragging it across the country :mad:

Thanks again :cool:

There is a shop and a petrol station in Kiewit, as well as stalls set up by the locals along the Kempische Steenweg. Alcohol in particular will more than likely be sold at hiked festival prices. There is however a great bakery in the town which sells lovely sausage rolls, croissants, etc. for relatively cheap. All of this is about 5 minutes away from the festival/camping entrances.

I'd recommend stocking up on booze in Hasselt. There is a good Spar there... if you turn right as you exit the train station and keep walking you should find it. Just remember not to bring any glass (bottles) to the campsite.

You're a hero, Thanking you!

Is there any ATMs around the site ?

• Advertisement

Is there any ATMs around the site ?

Yes, there is usually one at the festival entrance and one or two in the festival grounds. As typical with music festivals queues for these can get agonisingly long so I recommend bringing enough cash to get you through the weekend.

Advertisement