Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2010 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I presume there is ATM's also in the town where the festival is? Gonna try not run out of money ha . Also do you need tokens to buy the beer that the locals sell or are the tokens just for onsite.

Cant wait till wed morning and on the flight :) Liking the forecast so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Can't wait now :)
    6 of us heading over on the 6.50 aerlingus flight on Wednesday morning. :D

kateos2 wrote: »
    Can't wait now :)
    6 of us heading over on the 6.50 aerlingus flight on Wednesday morning. :D

Ill see ya on that flight :) Just look out for 2 gingers and few others ha

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

• Advertisement

Attention, dear Pukkelpoppers! There’s a change in the Pukkelpop running order on Friday August 20th. Limp Bizkit will play a later slot on the Main Stage. They are now scheduled to perform from 19:00 until 20:00. This also means Eels will play earlier than previously announced. Their show is now from 17:20-18:20.

Limp Bizkit followed by Prodigy :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

I have gone through so many almost disasters in the last few days. I only got my ticket yesterday and money to go, today.

I have no way home. I have no tent. I have no sleeping bag. I haven't got a clue and I couldn't give a damn.

I'll probably be seeing some of you on the 7.45 to Charleoi in the morning. Come say hello to everyone until you find me!

Anyone know how much a 70cl of vodka would be over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Flying out tomorrow afternoon to the dam. Anybody else going to amsterdam first?

• Advertisement

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Flying out tomorrow afternoon to the dam. Anybody else going to amsterdam first?
    Nope heading to Brussels first thing wed morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheMasterpiece

Here we goooooooooooooooo!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ThomasCreeby

Anyone have any idea how im going to get from the Pukkelpop staging area to Charleroi Airport on Sunday morning to make my stinking 7:15am flight??
    I plan on seeing the last acts and then just splitting, but im going to have a backup plan of staying an extra night just in case. Im hoping that there will be some kind of shuttle service from the venue to the center of Brussles immediately after the last act. Then I plan on just getting a regular shuttle bus to the Airport from Brussles city Center.
    Anyone know if this is a wise plan??
    Basicall I'm trying to make it from Keiwit to Charleroi in the space of 4 hours immediately after the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Anyone have any idea how im going to get from the Pukkelpop staging area to Charleroi Airport on Sunday morning to make my stinking 7:15am flight??
    I plan on seeing the last acts and then just splitting, but im going to have a backup plan of staying an extra night just in case. Im hoping that there will be some kind of shuttle service from the venue to the center of Brussles immediately after the last act. Then I plan on just getting a regular shuttle bus to the Airport from Brussles city Center.
    Anyone know if this is a wise plan??
    Basicall I'm trying to make it from Keiwit to Charleroi in the space of 4 hours immediately after the festival.

You're in luck. I checked the official site, this year they've put a night train on Saturday (first year I believe they've done this) which departs Kiewit at 02:00 and arrives in Brussels at about half 3.

Only thing is you need to get to Brussels Midi station, night train doesn't seem to stop there. Find out which of the two stations is nearest and get a taxi to Midi asap to catch that airport shuttle bus.

Also give yourself enough time to get to Kiewit train station to catch that night train. It's about 20-30 minute walk from festival entrance.

Just back from Micheal McIntyre and finished off my packing. Off at 5am towards the airport. Cant wait. Everyone have a great festival and you never no we might bump into each other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, wish I was going now. :( Have a good Pukkelpop all!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mate is gone in 3 hrs. Keeps rubbing it in my face. So fing jealous. Hope the smug ****er gets stabbed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ThomasCreeby

You're in luck. I checked the official site, this year they've put a night train on Saturday (first year I believe they've done this) which departs Kiewit at 02:00 and arrives in Brussels at about half 3.

Only thing is you need to get to Brussels Midi station, night train doesn't seem to stop there. Find out which of the two stations is nearest and get a taxi to Midi asap to catch that airport shuttle bus.

Also give yourself enough time to get to Kiewit train station to catch that night train. It's about 20-30 minute walk from festival entrance.

Thanks mate, lifesaver! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Thats horrible about the singer from Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. Only 22...

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

What a tragedy. I like Ou Est Le Swimming pool too, such a shame.
    Just searched for it there & seen that Michael Been from The Call died from a heart attack backstage at the festival as well, on Thursday.

• Advertisement

Just in the door. Was easily the greatest weekend of my life so many things to talk about now , but will give a review tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

That was a fcking epic festival, everyone was so laid back and friendly. Didn't see one person even look upset, let alone any trouble. Very sorry to hear about the incident with Ou Est Le Swimming pool though.

We, being the idiots that we are decided that instead of partying it up after the festival on Sat night and maybe getting a little sleep, we went straigh to Amsterdam in a taxi (driver was a legend named Yam), arrived there at 7:30am Sunday morning and hung out there all day and then got a train back to Brussels barely catching the 21:10 flight back home to Dublin.

The outstanding acts for me were Seasick Steve, Pendulum (although we couldn't get in the tent), Queens of the stone age (before we ran to Pendulum) and 2 many DJ's just topped it off epically, and the fireworks were fantastic.

Have a few cuts and bruises from various shenanigans but dear god am I tired. 42 hours without sleep, then 7 hours in bed then up for work, I could sleep for a week, can't wait to make it through the day and get a good 12 hours sleep :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Only got home myself a few hours ago. Tired isn't the word to describe how I'm feeling.

The craic was unreal, the weather was unreal and the few acts I managed to see were quite good, too!

I've got a serious case of depression right now.

What camp site were people in? Was in B myself and met a good few Irish camped there.

HoPpiE wrote: »
    What camp site were people in? Was in B myself and met a good few Irish camped there.

There was more than 1 campsite? We arrived late on Wednesday night so collected out wristbands and walked across the road and walked for about 20 minutes and we were able to pitch our tent at the very back fence. There were guys with a rope slowly opening more campsite so people wouldn't spread out too much. We were very close to the toilets at the back left of the campsite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Ya there was a second one down passed the festival site, was about 45 mins walk sober. We were just told that A was completely full but that was probably correct as we didn't arrive 'til Thursday evening.

Seemed much more lively in A the one time I was there and people seemed to be describing B as the "sleeping" site.

Don't mind our 15 minute walk to the back of A too much now.

There was plenty of buzz in the campsite but we normally didn't leave the Boiler Room until we were fecked tired and off our faces so really only used it for sleep.

We spent Friday and Saturday mornings outside the Texaco garage in the town. Got there about 10ish and drank til about 4 King of the Hill style. Great garage too, mojitos and beers. On Saturday I was hammered by noon and and sober again after a nice nap at Serj Tankjen then got hammered again. You know it's good when you get drunk twice in a day.

Did anyone find the secret room?

Or go to The Wedding Chapel in Petit Bazar? All I can say is there was a very attractive stripper in there. Very surreal. Didn't get a chance to go see the 4 boobed lady though :(

Mr.S wrote: »
    That secret room was impossible to find! No one knew where it was:(

The Wedding chappel was gas though, as wel as the Lunar Park :D

We asked a lot of staff and some seemed not to know but a couple smiled and denied they knew, but they knew. Was the Lunar Park on the oppositte side to the Chapel? What was in there?

Me and my mate were on the ferris wheel drunk as **** and we're both scared of heights. I was rocking it back and forth like crazy and when it was finished the guy just lifted the bar about 2cm to open it. We both looked at each other and almost cried.

My friends found the secret room , it was beside the toilets near the Chateau i think???

The Chapel was hillarious even though we didnt no what was being said the priest guy's facial expressions were brilliant.

Lunar Park was so random and easily the funniest 1 minute or so of my life.

We were in Camp A arrived around 3 on wednesday and was just up passed the toilets and water area on the right handside (we had a Irish Flag + Dublin Flag hanging) and had a great buzz.

Jupiter beer was quite nice (not really a beer drinker). Bumped into a good few Irish peeps since there was loads of us there. Had fun sneaking our drink in , in my friends backpack(which we cover over with the Irish flag so they could see it).

If anyone heard people singing this over the weekend it was us ha

• Advertisement

Got back tonight. Amazing time. Beats oxegen by miles.

We were in campsite A, at the bit by the river with the trees pretty much in the middle. Definitely going back next year.

Advertisement