Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling an Engagement Ring

Options
  • 13-01-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi just wondering could anybody help me, I have a platinum and diamond engagement ring that i bought in murphys jewellers on high st that i no longer need.
    Does anybody know of anywhere in the south east that i could sell it?. I'm tryin to avoid pawn shops or anywhere dodgy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

How much do you want for it? As if you want the original money you spent back, you might not get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I wonder would Murphy's themselves take it back? Even at a discount?

The 'cash for gold' people generally offer the intrinsic value of the item without regard to inherent craft or design, so if you flog it to one of them, you'll take a major hit on the price.

Pawn shops operate on the basis that if you default, they sell your goods at a decent margin so same story there.

(Really sorry to hear that by the way:().

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

Can't believe she shot down a silver-tongued charmer like yourself, Fabbydabby!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

Thanks for your replies, I actually tried murphys first but they don't deal with second hand jewellry, But in fairness they did offer to clean it free of charge before i sell it and gave me the name of a jewellers in dublin but unfortunatly I had no joy there either.. I realise i'll never get what i paid for it LB but if i could even get 70/80% i'd be happy,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Purry Cat wrote: »
    Can't believe she shot down a silver-tongued charmer like yourself, Fabbydabby!
    Um..what? Who?

I think you may have had your wires crossed there meladdy.

No iron lady has shot me down... Silver tongued I may be, but I haven't missed any golden oppertunities. At least none that I am aware of. And indeed if such an oppertunity presents itself, I shall be sure to copper fasten the arrangement lest it go down like a lead balloon.

Takes nerves of steel, but what can ya do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭prodigy1

Hi. I am currently looking for an engagement ring...i was thinking of going over to the diamond district in NY, but if you still have the ring i could consider buying it.

look forward 2 your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Um..what? Who?

I think you may have had your wires crossed there meladdy.

No iron lady has shot me down... Silver tongued I may be, but I haven't missed any golden oppertunities. At least none that I am aware of. And indeed if such an oppertunity presents itself, I shall be sure to copper fasten the arrangement lest it go down like a lead balloon.

Takes nerves of steel, but what can ya do?

Not sure whether to break out the metal detector or the b/s detector... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭lemonjelly

prodigy1 wrote: »
    Hi. I am currently looking for an engagement ring...i was thinking of going over to the diamond district in NY, but if you still have the ring i could consider buying it.

look forward 2 your reply
    problem solved.

jesus all the way to NY for a ring. She must be special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 D bold one

lemonjelly wrote: »
    problem solved.

jesus all the way to NY for a ring. She must be special.
    Dats realy nice....

Advertisement