Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i3 BUILD

Options
  • 13-01-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

anyone got any thoughts on this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=579386 i need to get something fast as i have a lonely case with just a psu and dvd drive in it :(:(:( i know i will need anothe 2gigs of ram but i can get by for now it,s the mobo im not sure about i will plan to over clock and ill stick a true 120 on the cpu im ok 4 gpu and dont really plan on crossfire also how safe is it to getto mount the true with the 775 bracket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

massy086 wrote: »
    anyone got any thoughts on this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=579386

also how safe is it to getto mount the true with the 775 bracket

The newer MSi boards are good.

If you E-mail Thermalright,they probably would sell you the bracket for a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

ye but god know,s how long ill have to wait on the bracket so u reckon the mobo is ok deano ye

ye but god know,s how long ill have to wait on the bracket so u reckon the mobo is ok deano ye

Yeah,it looks fine :)

sweet cheers deanno again lol

sweet cheers deanno again lol

lol

Your welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its a nice enough price but the dire RAM ruins it... :(

Solitaire wrote: »
    Its a nice enough price but the dire RAM ruins it... :(
    in what way it only being 2gig or it just being muck ram

Forget i3, go i5 :)

david7536 wrote: »
    Forget i3, go i5 :)

He can upgrade in the future :)

Edit : also,Massy,yeah the RAM ain't the best,but it will do fine

Deano12345 wrote: »
    He can upgrade in the future :)

Edit : also,Massy,yeah the RAM ain't the best,but it will do fine
    ye i was thinking it would be ok iv a mate going to the states at the end of feb i can always get him to pick me up ram good old $ week as sh*t

• Advertisement

ye i was thinking it would be ok iv a mate going to the states at the end of feb i can always get him to pick me up ram good old $ week as sh*t

Sure is,and most of the Brick and mortar stores over there stock good RAM too\

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

when i was in America the dollar was quite weak too and i didnt think the B&M shops over there were competitive with online shops over here. Remember VAT is added at the counter, in New york its an extra 9% or something

Good for accesries though (laptop bags, keyboards etc)

how about 4 sticks of this http://www.memorysuppliers.com/1gbdd10pcno2.html for 40 euro cant really go wrong can i

anyone any thoughts on this ram

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

4 sticks for €40?! God they're all desperate to get rid of the old 1066MHz crap :p

Is there any dirt-cheap 1333MHz stuff there? ;)

And 2x2GB >>> 4x1GB. Far less pressure on the mobo and the CPU (where the memory controller is now hiding). Plus you'd get better OC results; tolerances have to be a lot looser when you're playing with 4 individual sticks :o

*looks at Komplett* Jaysus! RAMs now ~€25/GB! Haven't seen that since, oh, late 2006? :eek:

Seriously, the prices have just bounced up even further. This is really getting double-plus unfunny now guys, you're going to make the sector crash... :mad:

well i wont be overclocking it right away ill let it burn it first so it will do me hopefully until ram goes back down or i get a bit more cash behind me surely the four sticks will be better than the 1 two gig komplete were going to give me and it will also then give me the option of choosing a http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=576878

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jock Strap

Solitaire wrote: »
    *looks at Komplett* Jaysus! RAMs now ~€25/GB! Haven't seen that since, oh, late 2006? :eek:

Seriously, the prices have just bounced up even further. This is really getting double-plus unfunny now guys, you're going to make the sector crash... :mad:

1600MHz CL9 RipJaws - €89.92
    These were only 78 when I ordered them last week! :eek:

EDIT: Thay are 48cent shy of 100 now!!!!

Advertisement