Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

jap gt wrote: »
    are duffys really that bad, anyone find them good

found them ok, good on prices, honest enough to deal with
    had a few mishaps regarding some services but would deal with them again in the future If I remain in ireland
    some of staff that I met in the old shop are idiots but Brian is good to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

has anyone bought a gun from landers in tralee, good/bad, was in today seem to have a good bit of stock but the man was acting like he couldnt be bothered showing anything to me.

i heard from a friend that there is a man selling guns in killarney, but cant find any number anywhere

Regarding Landers
    Got a gun from him recently and had a devil of a job to get bases for it, but it was cheap, so there is the other side
    when I mean cheap it was a very basic gun and not any major brand of make
    But again in general I have found them very good and would shop there again

Dealers are in business to make a profit,
    when it comes down to it, its can be about personality and service
    you could meet a guy on a once off and catch him on a bad day
    deal with them over time and then judge
    Jim Halpin is also very good to deal with as is the chap in Knocknagoshel
    even paddy mahony has his good moments:D down in Castlemaine
    its up to the buyer to get the best deal ...shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 23 centre

rifles being sold in knocknagoshel in sale worth looking at there was a new ruger .22 hornet for 725 and there is 30 or so guns on display

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Alright, I probably should have been watching this thread more closely, but anyway.

We had a complaint or two about the thread. So to repeat some ground rules from all the earlier threads we've had like this where companies may be receiving criticism or praise:
    • Keep it impersonal (first rule of the forum charter is to keep it civil, just because they're not on here doesn't mean the rule doesn't apply).
    • Stick to the verified, repeatable facts (and no, he-said/she-said "facts" don't count). If you bought something, you can state the price. If you found the service sub-par, you can say so, but keep it impersonal please. And for heaven's sake, don't go accusing someone of a crime (like fraud, assault or anything else) on here. Take that kind of charge to the Gardai, not boards.ie.
    • Remember that if you post something libellous, we get sued. Take that stuff elsewhere please.
    • Remember that there aren't any dealers "officially" posting on here at the moment, so right of reply is a bit complicated. We're working on it, but until we're done, please be a bit more polite than you normally would be?

And another point that was raised from a specific dealers - Duffy's doesn't have a walk-in gunroom. They have a walk-in shop, yes, but the actual gunroom is just a storage room, it's not setup as a showroom and most local gardai seem to prefer that kind of arrangement for firearms dealers, so unless they advertise it openly as a walk-in gunroom (like Ardee or some others do), it's not really fair to complain if you're told you can't go in there. I mean, if you asked to go into the back room in Tesco, you'd just get funny looks too.

On that basis, thread reopened, because with the few exceptions, it's been quite a good useful thread so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

anyone dealt with lazydog in knocklong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Ya Ok to deal with never had a problem and dealt with him numerous times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Nice chap bit pricey though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bigdogfox

i have had dealings with landers,halpin and lazy dog over the years and i find that lazy dog comes miles ahead of the other 2 in terms of price of guns,accecories and especially ammo,i can also say that if your a good customer ray will look after you which ive never found in MY case with the others..

Advertisement