Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water tank in attic

• 13-01-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help on two issues really, my showers started to give a bit of bother recently running cold. They are 11 month old Triton T90si but my house is 10 years old. Anyway the tank is full of lime and i want to clean it out. Please any tips on the best way to do this.

I would then like some help with any ideas you might have to keep the lime from building up and clogging the showers. Is there something I can get for this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Briantheplumber

turn off the stopcock under your kitchen sink, then run the cold taps in your bathroom to drain the tank, then you can go ahead and clean it.

You will need a water softenener then on the incoming main to get rid of the lime, they are expensive tho, hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

Thanks Briantheplumber for the advise, can you reccomend a water softener or even the style to look out for. Also would this be fitted in the attic or on the mains coming into the house as i would like to have something for the drinking water also if I was going down this route.

Advertisement