Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Porting 5 day delay

• 13-01-2010 3:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Moved from Vodafone to O2 on Friday. However they still haven't completed the port. I can call out on my O2 iPhone (using my 087 number), but still need my old Nokia to receive calls and texts on Vodafone.

Seems to be part of a pattern in Vodafone in terms of their It systems and website.

Tried calling them today and the call queue is impossibly long.
    Anyone having similar experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Carter96

conolan wrote: »
    Moved from Vodafone to O2 on Friday. However they still haven't completed the port. I can call out on my O2 iPhone (using my 087 number), but still need my old Nokia to receive calls and texts on Vodafone.

Seems to be part of a pattern in Vodafone in terms of their It systems and website.

Tried calling them today and the call queue is impossibly long.
    Anyone having similar experience

Could be either network. Get off the bandwagon and just call VF and wait your turn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Spoken to O2 three times, VF twice. Also PM'd a VF rep on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Since you're able to make calls on one network and receive calls on another, at least this indicates the port is half-way though completion; I'm a glass half-full person.

Anyway, I'd recommend concentrating your efforts on contacting Vodafone, and not O2, as the network you're going to is the one you need to be contacting, not the one you're coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Hey OP - if its any consolation, I signed over my phone from Meteor to O2 on Sunday.

Was told it would take two hours to go through, still hasn't happened.

Have been told by O2 there is a major backlog on the porting queues from/to all networks. No idea why though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

i posted a mesaage in the vodafone forum and paul pm the following day and it was changed over the following day, was waiting the guts of a week before that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

brettmirl wrote: »
    Hey OP - if its any consolation, I signed over my phone from Meteor to O2 on Sunday.

Was told it would take two hours to go through, still hasn't happened.

Have been told by O2 there is a major backlog on the porting queues from/to all networks. No idea why though.

Rubbish. There is still a backlog with Vodafone after their porting went down for nearly a month and O2's porting was down from Sunday to Tuesday. There are no issues porting to or from Meteor or 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Vodafone are a complete disaster when it comes to porting or using their internet services on a non-vodafone phone.

See my thread for a rant about porting problems:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055502532

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

lassykk wrote: »

I'd definitely agree on the first point. Proper porting from 02 took a good 2 or 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 earlyeddie

I've been waiting since last friday also to port to O2, except I am porting from Meteor.

Thee guys really need to get their act together, i've paid a lot of money and really feel let down by this messing.

Advertisement