Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Free Trial?

• 13-01-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a free trial of Xbox Live for a month? If so, how would I go about getting it? I'm not a big gamer and have never played online or anything so I'm not sure what has to be done to hook everything up. I have a wireless broadband connection in the house.

All I want to do is get a downloadable car for Forza 3!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a free trial of Xbox Live for a month? If so, how would I go about getting it? I'm not a big gamer and have never played online or anything so I'm not sure what has to be done to hook everything up. I have a wireless broadband connection in the house.

Sign up to Live and when asked if you would like to buy a Gold Membership say no, then it will bring you to screen saying you are entitled to a month free gold membership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

You just need to set up your gamertag on live. Sign up for a silver membership and you get gold for one month. You can only do this once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

You also need a xbox live wireless adapter.

miralize wrote: »
    You also need a xbox live wireless adapter.

Unless of course you are onnecting to your router through cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Can I do this on the laptop or do I need to go into Game or something?
    Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Unless of course you are onnecting to your router through cable.

OK, that's the broadband box with the lights and little aerial??? (zips-up flame suit) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

yeah but he said he had wireless and i thought that was how he wanted to connect. You can connect via your laptop though if you only need it for a short while

http://tinyurl.com/yftd6tp

OK, that's the broadband box with the lights and little aerial??? (zips-up flame suit) :P

AKA router :p. I suggest doing it this way, as sometimes the wireless connection isn't strong enough and will drop when your in the middle of a game. Has happened me before. It's up to you, it will cost you a couple of quid for a wireless adapter. Let us know if you need any help.

OK guys, the pack I need costs 400 MS points. Can I buy these points in Game and, if so, what is the minimum amount of points you have to buy (seeing as I only need 400)?

2100 points afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

OK guys, the pack I need costs 400 MS points. Can I buy these points in Game and, if so, what is the minimum amount of points you have to buy (seeing as I only need 400)?
    can get 800 here http://cheapxboxlivecodes.com/cheap-microsoft-points/microsoft-800-points-eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dan I Am

If you only want 400 points, you can buy 500 for 6 euro on the xbox website when you are setting up your xbox live account. You can get points cheaper from 3rd party retailers if you want to buy a bigger batch of them though. It's less hassle to set up a live account through your laptop at the websight, rather than fiddling around doing it with an xbox controller through the xbox console.

The quickest and easiest way of setting up your xbox is to just plug it in to your router with the eathernet cable that probably came with your xbox. It pretty much does everything itself then from what I remember. To set it up wirelessly you need to by an xbox wireless addapter to plug into the back of your xbox. Of the top of my head I think they are about 50 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Stupid iPhone deleted my comment :( ..
    Em they send them through email , they are usually very quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Set up a windows live email a/c on your pc.Then plug in a ethernet cable 1end to router, 1end to xbox Go to dashboard,join xbox live,on networksettings,click set ip adress/ dhcp automatically.Think of a gamertag name. i wouldnt bother setting up wireless ,its too slow,for gaming.BUY a 20ft net rj45 cable/ ethernet 10euro,maplins.IF you dont wanna use xbox beside a router.See xbox.com ,xbox live 4 detailed guide.

I set up Xbox Live last night using my laptop. This morning I attempted to buy 800 points from www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com and after about an hour and a half of waiting I received an E-mail confirming that the £9.99 I paid with credit card had been refunded :confused:

Anyways, when I went here to ask why this happened I saw Dan's post, bought 500 points and now I'm driving a gorgeous, black Ferrari 458 Italia!

Thanks guys!

Advertisement