Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AJAX asp net Calendar and Modal Popup Extenders

Options
  • 13-01-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope someone has come across this one before...

I have an AJAX calendar extender nested within a modal popup. When the calendar extender is shown, it is behind the modal popup [see screenshot]. I have tried setting the z-index of the calendar control but it simply will not appear above the Modal popup.

I should also mention that the there is a HTML table inside the ModalPopup.
    AJAX Version = 3.0.30930.28736

Suggestions are most welcome..

Seány

CSS
    div.ajax__calendar_days table tr td
    {
    	padding-right: 0px;
    }

.cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_container
    {
    	background-color: #e2e2e2;
    	border: solid 1px #cccccc;
    	width:186px;
    	z-index:1;
    }
    .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_header
    {
    	background-color: #ffffff;
    	margin-bottom: 4px;
    }
    .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_title, .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_next, .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_prev
    {
    	color: #004080;
    	padding-top: 3px;
    }
    .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_body
    {
    	background-color: #e9e9e9;
    	border: solid 1px #cccccc;
    	width:182px;
    }
    .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_dayname
    {
    	text-align: center;
    	font-weight: bold;
    	margin-bottom: 4px;
    	margin-top: 2px;
    }
    .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_day
    {
    	text-align: center;
    }
    .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_hover .ajax__calendar_day, .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_hover .ajax__calendar_month, .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_hover .ajax__calendar_year, .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_active
    {
    	color: #004080;
    	background-color: #ffffff;
    }
    .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_today
    {
    }
    .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_other, .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_hover .ajax__calendar_today, .cal_Theme1 .ajax__calendar_hover .ajax__calendar_title
    {
    	color: #bbbbbb;
    }

HTML
    <table>
       <tr>
          <td>End Date:</td>
          <td>
          <asp:TextBox ID="txtEndDate" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
          <cc1:CalendarExtender ID="txtEndDate_CalendarExtender" runat="server" Enabled="True" TargetControlID="txtEndDate" CssClass="cal_Theme1">
          </cc1:CalendarExtender>
          </td> 
       </tr>
    </table>

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Oh dear lord asp.net ajax controls. Shudder. Anyway I think you should check the z-index and compare it to the modal z-index in css. The calendar in your css has a z-index of 1 which is almost certainly lower than the modal. Change it to 1 higher and it should work unless there is some magic MS script running that overrides the z-index when displaying the calendar.

I would also suggest you look at jquery and the jquery ui which has a nice simple calendar. At the end of the day these things are there to make it easier for the user to get some text into an input that represents a date into a textbox. No ajax required.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

+1.

Having worked with both the jQuery calendar is much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Unfortunately moving to JQuery is not an option at this stage. I have tried z-index of 999, 1000, 9999, 10001 on the calendar css class but it's still behind the modal popup..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Thanks mewso. I downloaded the source for the control toolkit and changed one line in the modal popup javascript file. Rebuilt the toolkit and replaced the dll with the one I had. It worked perfectly.

I downloaded the latest stable ajax toolkit (Nov 18 2009).

I have attached it for anyone that wants to use it.

NOTE:
    The z-index for the modal popup is 90

• Advertisement
Advertisement