Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Tips

Options
  • 13-01-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have a house on the market for about 5months now, EA has it on daft and my home with plenty of pics, its listed as the cheapest in its estate but we aren't getting people in to view never mind getting a bid.

The place was given a fresh lick of paint a few weeks before it went on the market, Any Ideas of how we might be able to generate some interest??

3bed mid terr in D24.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

link to house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

It you have done all those things and there is still no interest then you may have to lower the price more. People have a price limit when they are searching for properties on-line and if you are above that price then most won't even call the Estate Agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

liger wrote: »
    Hi,

We have a house on the market for about 5months now, EA has it on daft and my home with plenty of pics, its listed as the cheapest in its estate but we aren't getting people in to view never mind getting a bid.

The place was given a fresh lick of paint a few weeks before it went on the market, Any Ideas of how we might be able to generate some interest??

3bed mid terr in D24.

Linger, dont take what I am to say personel, but I think you may one of these people that is still living in LA LA Land when he comes to selling your house, based on your post I would say your property is over priced and as whizzbang said maybe you should lower your asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

My advice would be to halve the asking price, you'll be getting well ahead of the majority as little do they know thats where things will be soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Hi,

3bed mid terr in D24.

Only 5 months? Christ there's places that have been on the market for the past 3 years (I know thanks to Irish property pin and the like). I would get too disheartened yet.

However 3 beds in D24 are 10 a penny. I'd guess your house is worth in the region of 180k and that without even knowing where it is. (Assuming a rent of 1k p.m on average for the area).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Hi,

3bed mid terr in D24.

I'm sure you won't link to it here, but can you give us an idea of the price you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I know most people jump to the price first but although you say there are plenty of pictures on the adverts, are they good picture?
    No harm borrowing a good camera and taking more pictures yourself, then pass them on to EA. Arrange a room for the photo then move on to the next, you can spend time in each room and do it over the weekend. When EA's arrive to take pictures, its usually a rush from room to room, but by taking them yourself you can move stuff out to the hall then take the picture, then move it back and continue like that.

Plus never any harm to have flowers sitting in windows and on the dinning table, always looks nice for pictures (and viewings)

Advertisement