Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the truth...

• 13-01-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi, i hope i am posting this in the correct section. I moved (or at least tried to move) over to O2 on Sunday (10th) and they told me that it would take a few hours before i was ported over from Vodafone to the O2 network.

3 days later... and i am still on the Vodafone Network despite several calls on a daily basis to O2 Customer Care...

They told me that they are having problem on their end and that they are trying their best to sort them... so i went into the O2 shop where i bought my iPhone at lunch today and i was told that the problem lies with Vodafone and not O2. The sales assistant told me that Vodafone have to port over 800 requests manually as Vodafones system is down at present.

I didn't really believe what he was telling me so i rang O2 Customer Care again and the support guy told me that it wasn't Vodafones problem at all.

I don't know where to go now and i feel like canceling the my Contract with O2 already and handing them back their iPhone...

Has anyone else experienced this or anything similar?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

oo7 wrote: »
    Hi, i hope i am posting this in the correct section. I moved (or at least tried to move) over to O2 on Sunday (10th) and they told me that it would take a few hours before i was ported over from Vodafone to the O2 network.

3 days later... and i am still on the Vodafone Network despite several calls on a daily basis to O2 Customer Care...

They told me that they are having problem on their end and that they are trying their best to sort them... so i went into the O2 shop where i bought my iPhone at lunch today and i was told that the problem lies with Vodafone and not O2. The sales assistant told me that Vodafone have to port over 800 requests manually as Vodafones system is down at present.

I didn't really believe what he was telling me so i rang O2 Customer Care again and the support guy told me that it wasn't Vodafones problem at all.

I don't know where to go now and i feel like canceling the my Contract with O2 already and handing them back their iPhone...

Has anyone else experienced this or anything similar?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

They're always saying that it will take up to 3 hours, but it takes more every time. I ported my number twice: O2>3 and 3>Meteor, both time took them 2 days to port it.
    Just be patient and use you vf inclusive minutes if you still have some ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Thanks for the replies guys... i really just want to get my iPhone set up and running and i would just prefer to know what the real problem is instead of being told different by everyone i speak to... thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 earlyeddie

Hi oo7, have you had any luck with the porting issue?

I'm still waiting since last Friday, 7 days in limbo.

And i'm porting from Meteor to o2, so it is o2's problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

There are a number of porting problems from all ends and they are recurring. This means ports are being put through manually rather than using the automated system. This is resulting in some people waiting days for their port to initiate, which is understandably very inconvenient

The queue is getting smaller and smaller and I am assured that the original issue will be solved soon enough.

Mine went through this evening... i rang O2 again today and they said there was a note on my account this morning that my port had to be put through again.

I wonder how long it would have taken if i didn't ring them again today... it is extremely poor service... there is nothing on their website about it, no one rang me to tell me that there was a problem but at the same time they had no problem taking money off me and signing me up last Sunday when they knew the porting system was all over the place.

Also, another thing that i don't understand. I was told that when my port goes through, my Vodafone phone would go dead (sim) and then i need to call O2 to re-register my O2 sim card again... obviously i couldn't ring off my vodafone as my sim was dead. I tried ringing off my girlfriends Vodafone phone and the O2 system wouldn't connect my call as it was not ringing from an O2 phone, i really can't get my head around why they don't give you an alternative number to contact...

I hope this is the end of my run ins with O2...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 didigray

I paid for an iphone on monday the 11th of January and was told it would take 3 hours to port from meteor prepay to O2.
    And yes, despite daily phone calls with no 10 min queues on the phone and no answers I still am not connected and am carrying two phones around with me.
    I was told by customer care that they would not even consider compensation as I could still use my old phone if I wanted.
    Why did they sell it to me when there was a porting problem from Sunday?
    Sales staff didn't know?They should know.
    O2 blamed meteor and told me to ring them.
    Meteor blamed o2.
    And yesterday o2 started blaming vodafone.
    basically this country is pathetic.
    I have forgotten now about ever connecting to the iphone and want out of my o2 contract-I left them years ago. the only reason I went back was for the iphone....rubbish.
    And no end point in sight....

You are entitled to bring your the phone back and cancel your contract within 30 days as far as i know (correct me if i am wrong...)

I bought mine on the 7th Jan and have just been told that I could be waiting another 5 days for this to be fixed. Worst customer experience I have ever had.

• Advertisement

phoned o2 customer care again last night and again absolutely no information or any ballpark date for porting to go across. The girl I spoke to assured me her supervisor would ring me when they got into work this morning...surprise surprise not a peep so far and only one more hour before it's afternoon.
    Is this the service to expect with O2? How do they get away with it?

:eek::eek::confused:
    grrrr

I totally agree with you... it is the worst experience i have ever had also... i just downloaded an app (MyBill) on my iphone this morning, which shows you your remaining allocated calls, sms and data.

My tarriff was all over the place, they only allocated 250mb of data to my account etc... i rang O2 straight away and they said that when they / i had to put my port through again (for the second time... read my other post in this thread) yesterday that the person who put it through must of just randomly picekd a tarriff for me... what the f*ck are they playing at... absolute joke

@didigray - Every day I ring up and am told the same thing, that it is being looked into and should go through soon. Bought my phone on PAYG, 600euro for this service!

@oo7 - Their cust care team don't seem to talk to each other at all, really is surprising, i've never had any trouble with Meteor.

customer care supervisor just rang me by the skin of his teeth (4 mins before 'morning' officially ends)
    He had the same 'information' as all the other customer care people all week which is 'I don't know& I can't give you a time'. And then he started to blame meteor .......yadda yadda
    so sick of it all sick of the same conversation day after day...
    I hope to god I dont have any billing issues-I'll check right away and if I do by bye iphone its not worth the pain ,,:(

so after calling three times today finally got ported to o2-that's 7 days exactly.
    during the whole time o2 never once apologised for the problem.Instead they blamed every other network. A simple aplology goes a long way toward customer service.I will be keeping my eye on billing as I have no faith in their accuracy.
    I have never had any problems with meteor and the second they get iphone cover I'll be back.Free everything with meteor...:)

Advertisement