Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keycode on a Focus stereo

• 13-01-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Hi,quick question.
    Does anybody know how i would go about getting the code for my 02 Focus(bought 2nd hand,no books supplied) from a dealership? I had to take the battery out recently to recharge
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

think u have to go to Ford dealer they can get code using radio serial number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I had this problem with my Ka recently. You have two options really:

1. Bring it to a dealer who will take out the radio & use the serial number on it. Using this they can get the code for you from their computers. You can't ring Ford Ireland for this (as simple as it sounds to do it) coz you have to prove you own the car & that the radio isn't stolen.

2. Do a google search for Ford radio codes - it'll bring up websites where you can get the code for a small fee. This means you'll have to take out the radio yourself to get the serial number on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

What's the serial Yellowledbetter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

This happened to me last year (03 Focus), and I just phoned up the Ford dealer from where the car was originally bought, and they gave me the code over the phone. Granted, I was able to supply the name of the person who originally owned the car (a family member) and the date of purchase, so maybe that was enough to satisfy them that the radio wasn't stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Ok thanks. Is their a fee attached to Ford themselves doing this for me? Im assuming their is knowing them

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    What's the serial Yellowledbetter?

I havnt taken it out yet and Im away from the car at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Have you tried taking the stereo out to check if the code is actually printed on the top of it? It is on mine...

Yeah Im gonna take it out later and first of all check if the code itself is on top of the stereo,would be a good start i suppose

Crisis averted folks,got it sorted through the garage where i bought it.....and i saved the €35 Ford would have charged me,happy days!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

Have you tried taking the stereo out to check if the code is actually printed on the top of it? It is on mine...

this wud completly defeat the purpose of a security code if it was written on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There was a sticker in the boot in my Fiesta with the code on it, of course I didn't notice this until after I paid a Ford dealer to get the code (think they only charged €15 though).

Advertisement