Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Mission 5 english translation finally available

Options
  • 13-01-2010 3:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm a bit late with this but after months of work the good people at http://www.frontmission.info/ have finally finished their work translating Front Mission 5. The game is supposed to be far and away the best entry in the SRPG franchise, a big claim because I absolutely loved Front Mission 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I almost feel ashamed to say it but I've never played any of these games. I'll definitely have to give one of them a go. Perhaps I should start with the DS release of Front Mission?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Front Mission 1 is supposed to be very good. The FM5 translation team have started work on a FM2 translation and there's really good spin off on the snes thats more like cybernator and is translated. The games do run into each other storywise but the stories aren't that good (the exception being FM5 which is supposed to have and excellent storyline). They are just good fun SRPGs, not very complicated but a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Cool, glad you posted this as I do like SRPGs. So much more useful threads here since the change to 'Japanese RPG'. :D

I wonder what Front Mission Evolved is going to be like, I remember seeing the trailer last year from all the E3 coverage and not knowing what the hell it was. I thought it was a game along the lines of Armoured Core or something like that. I would love an SRPG for the PS360, but it seems the use of the word 'Evolved' comes from the fact it's a more action orientated title; I can't find any real information about the game though, it could be a strategy hybrid like Valkyria Chronicles which would be very interesting. At least I have all the older games to explore now and plenty of other new SRPG games coming to portable systems if I need a new SRPG fix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From what I heard it's going to be an armoured core style game and it's by another party working for Square Enix who will be the publisher. There was also a Front Mission MMO type deal released in Japan but it was a flop if I recall correctly.

Advertisement