Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Courts in d15

Options
  • 13-01-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

does anyone know of where there might be free or at least affordable tennis courts for hire in d15?

castleknock lawn tennis club is 950e 1st year membership and 360e a year after that so forget that one.

westmanstown sports centre also has courts but you have to be a full member t play and that costs 550e per year. can't afford that either.

are there any courts that people know about that don't cost so much to play?

thanks for any info!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

There's a tennis club in Clonee village, not sure of the details but I'm sure google will get them for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

AFAIK there are tennis courts in Riverwood. Also, try Hartstown community centre.

Try also at the back of superquinn in the village, there used to be courts there.

blakestown community school may also have courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

There are three courts behind Superquinn in the village. Not sure of costs or what but I think (I may be wrong) they have a sign there in order for who to contact or maybe ask in Superquinn itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Hey, The tennis courts behind Superquinn are actually free to use. they are meant for the residence of Hazel lawn, Rushbrook, and Raymore park. They are locked while it is not "the season" if you will but shall be reopened when the weather gets a bit better =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

I am a Dunboyne Tennis Club member (in Clonee). We have 4 good "almost" new astrotuff courts (good for your knees an body). There is social tennis, competitive tennis and we participate in all the Dublin Tennis Council leagues. Membership is about 225 EUR per year (no extra cost for the whole year).

There are almost 2 courts at Dunboyne Community Center. It costs 10 EUR per hour, I believe.
    I wouldnt play tennis on cement/tarmac. I find them unplayable and very dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The courts at Riverwood are open to all. They are reserved for children's coaching on a Saturday morning (10am - 1pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

I think there are Tennis Courts in the Coolmine Sports Centre. Rates for Swimming lessons, gym membership, football picth hire... are really good so I guess the tennis courts hire are good as well. This is their web www.coolminesports.com

fptosca wrote: »
    I think there are Tennis Courts in the Coolmine Sports Centre. Rates for Swimming lessons, gym membership, football picth hire... are really good so I guess the tennis courts hire are good as well. This is their web www.coolminesports.com
    The football pitches are where the tennis courts used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sweet Jones

Stinjy wrote: »
    Hey, The tennis courts behind Superquinn are actually free to use. they are meant for the residence of Hazel lawn, Rushbrook, and Raymore park. They are locked while it is not "the season" if you will but shall be reopened when the weather gets a bit better =]

Does anyone know when they will be reopened? I went up there yesterday and there were no nets on the courts.

Does anyone know when they will be reopened? I went up there yesterday and there were no nets on the courts.

No? No ideas?

• Advertisement

No? No ideas?
    Ring some people at Fingal County Council Sports Department.

I suggest first ringing Brendan Moran of Tennis Ireland (his number is on that page). If he doesn't know then ring some of the FCC people.

hey guys sorry didn't get the notifications, they were open but 3 nets and poles were stolen so we can't really open them with out yaknow.. so they will be reopened when the equipment has been sourced and put up again..

so they will be reopened when the equipment has been sourced and put up again..
    This should not take long but probably will. Contact those that are sourcing the equipment regularly to move things along.

Well its done, and has been done for a few days all should be well again now however they are going to be cleaned, like properly and relined.. so hopefully by the summer we will have proper courts again if some em deliquents don't keep throwing bottles and stuff around them.. :)

so hopefully by the summer we will have proper courts again if some em delinquents don't keep throwing bottles and stuff around them.. :)
    You can do two things for this:
    1) Bring a small dustpan and brush to clean up glass so that you can play
    or
    2) Contact the FCC Sports Department to ask them what you should do when you find glass.

Thanks guys. I look forward to it.

Advertisement