Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Ram

Options
  • 13-01-2010 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

I have 4 DIMM slots on my board and have 2x2GB DDR3 modules amd want to know which 2 slots to put them in .Is it 1 and 2 or 1 and 3?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

poorbarman wrote: »
    I have 4 DIMM slots on my board and have 2x2GB DDR3 modules amd want to know which 2 slots to put them in .Is it 1 and 2 or 1 and 3?:confused:

What model motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Spear wrote: »
    What model motherboard?

This would be handy to know,but 1/3 or 2/4 is usually what you would do if you have 4 slots but only 2 modules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭poorbarman

MSI 770-C45

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

poorbarman wrote: »
    MSI 770-C45

The manual is terrible and doesn't say much. MSI's convention is that different colour RAM slots are different channels though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Usually its 1/2, 3/4 for MSI.

• Advertisement
Advertisement