Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting stuff to main board.

• 13-01-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Which is the positive and which is the negative side of a 2 pin connection?

See picture for details of what I'm trying to connect.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102432&d=1263395250

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Sorry. This was meant to go in building and upgrading.
    Could a mod please move it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Front panel headers are the bane of my life.

Anyhow, check the plastic connector on the wire and you'll see a small triangle that marks the positive pin.

http://www.youcanbuildapc.com/images/frontpanelpositive.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

no idea, but the plugs are labeled on one side to mark which led/switch etc they're for. When I'm doing a build I always connect them with the label facing outward (as if you could possibly stick your head in the case to read them :p)

Hasn't failed me yet :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That's great, folks.
    Thanks for helping.

I can see the arrow. Did guess that it was the positive one, but just had to make sure. :)

Advertisement