Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki Grand Vitara 2006

• 13-01-2010 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Missus is looking at 2006 Grand Vitara (newer model) Anyone have any thoughts on these? Pros/cons? Seems like a decent enough offer for the price (€6k)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

By the price I'm guessing a 1.6 3 door?

Madness in a car that size. They drink petrol hauling it around

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had been thinking the 1.6 mightnt be powerful enough, but I suppose its comfort more so she's after. Will have a fair amount of driving on it.

They bounce around the road. Made me feel sick going to dublin in one from Cork. There's a reason it's so cheap.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hmm ok so. Any other suggestions for a jeep similar size and price?

Looked at the Sante Fe, Sportage and Rav 4, but she doesnt want to go too far back on the years.

She'll wont get a decent 06 for €6k in any of those. Probebly wouldn't get anthing really.

Petrol X-Trails seem hard to shift, maybe have a look at one of those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Have the 2003 model grand vitara (2L diesel) and have to say its good on diesel. Not sure about the petrol model. Santa Fe can give its fair shares of problems and can drink quite a bit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

drive one and see. They're not that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Haven't driven one but was a passenger in one last year and they aren't as bad as I would have thought. I didn't get the sea-sickness feeling that a Freelander gives me.

The Vitara also came 2nd best in the reliability/maintenance cost survey linked here last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

A few avaibale in the EP Mooney liquadation sale on Jan 23rd. Maybe worth a look esp if your a cash buyer who knows what you might pick up..

check out www.eauctions.ie for catalogue

Advertisement