Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Music

Options
  • 13-01-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

I have such a difficulty tryin to study music! I have enough notes, and the revision book seems pretty good. The info just doesnt want to stay in! The set works are all difficult enough. The Irish music and composing I'm fine at- I'm lookin for an A2 which is do-able, just if I can learn the set works- without them I'm doomed :(

Any suggestions to aid studying music, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

If you had your notes would you be able to tell what's going on?

I think the most important thing is to know what's happening and where, and the way I learn that stuff off is by repeated, active listening. As you listen tell yourself what's happening - key sig, rhythm, texture etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bub123

i agree with ^
    i find music so hard to understand too but if you look through the papers you'll get a fair idea of the types of questions they ask on the set works, a lot of the background info can be left out and it is mainly the features of the actual music itself! i'd concentrate more on that and definately listen to the music while studying and tell yourself the features as they occur. hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I have such a difficulty tryin to study music! I have enough notes, and the revision book seems pretty good. The info just doesnt want to stay in! The set works are all difficult enough. The Irish music and composing I'm fine at- I'm lookin for an A2 which is do-able, just if I can learn the set works- without them I'm doomed :(

Any suggestions to aid studying music, anyone?

I'm only Junior Cert but (I know LC music is harder) I find it hard to keep the info in if it goes in at all. I got these coloured flash card things that people use for speeches etc and wrote (I don't know whats on the LC course) say one set song on one side and then in small bullet points the key, time sig, composer etc and I do it with everything and I find it really helps. I just keep saying it over and over again.

Sorry if I'm not allwoed to post in here

Advertisement