Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor wall insulation

• 13-01-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm looking to insulate an indoor wall in my house between bedroom and bathroom, more for acoustic reasons than anything. The wall is about 7 foot wide, no more.

I'm looking for a cheap way of doing this, can anyone recommend cheap insulation for this type of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Even just fibreglass would help reduce the sound. Your going to need two plaster slabs also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Davy wrote: »
    Even just fibreglass would help reduce the sound. Your going to need two plaster slabs also.

Yeah, I know I'll have to replace one side of the walls with new plasterboard, was just wondering about the insulation. Anyone got any ideals on he price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cant remember the price of a roll, but you will probably get away with just one. Take your measurements, and work out the square area. It will be marked on the packaging of the rolls of insulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

try to use "slabs" of insulation not of the roll ,as the slabs are of a higher density and will not sag thru time, rockwool would be best as it is more dense than fibreglass and better for soundproofing, i think the name for these being rocksill,
    topped off with a layer of "soundblock" plasterboard again a more denser board than normal boards,
    all above readily available in most builders yards,
    if i can remember correct the rocksill is about 4/5 euro m2 and the boards are approx the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lynchysparks

what is the orignal wall constructed from concrete block or timber stud??? this will make a big diffrence to what you use

one of the best ways is to use compsite boards
    http://www.uvalue.ie/uploads/files/Kingspan%20Thermawall%20TW52_dry%20line.pdf

• Advertisement
Advertisement